Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

laver

' We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are true and explain their appearance' -- Isaac Newton

Evidence from crop designs shows that some are made by the use of some sort of microwave energy, or similar, with evidence of heating to the plants to get them to bend

Recent proposals to explain this suggest that humans are using some sort of microwave device to create crop designs

This cannot be true as there is no evidence of human technology or ability to create large designs in this way or that there is a way to power such a device in the locations and circumstances where these designs suddenly appear

So those crop design that show evidence of 'microwave' heating must be of non human origin

It is the simplest solution - Occum's Razor in practice

' We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are true and explain their appearance' -- Isaac Newton

Evidence from crop designs shows that some are made by the use of some sort of microwave energy, or similar, with evidence of heating to the plants to get them to bend

Recent proposals to explain this suggest that humans are using some sort of microwave device to create crop designs

This cannot be true as there is no evidence of human technology or ability to create large designs in this way or that there is a way to power such a device in the locations and circumstances where these designs suddenly appear

So those crop design that show evidence of 'microwave' heating must be of non human origin

The plants were tired and needed a nap. Occam's Razor.

• Like 6

Thats silly, Plants dont sleep :P

The most simple explonation is.... God did it.

Its his doodles when hes bored

• Like 2

I'm finding it harder and harder to disagree with Hasina.

Good grief woman, get a boring avatar!

• Like 2

So if I read you right the microwave energy from some unknown source makes the plants fall asleep?

Ideal explained it. God did it. Occam's Razor.

• Like 1

Laver,

You already have the crop circle thread that you opened. Why open another?

Occam's Razor deduces that the simplest solution is that it was done by humans.

Where was the examples of microwaves by the way. I saw no references. :)

• Like 2

the microwaves is something that came up in the other thread, basically it's the supposed delineating line between manmade crop circles and genuinely alien ones.

Laver,

You already have the crop circle thread that you opened. Why open another?

Occam's Razor deduces that the simplest solution is that it was done by humans.

Where was the examples of microwaves by the way. I saw no references. :)

No references seemed necessary it has been known for years

This is looking at the very important matter of crop designs from a rather different angle

The science world looking for some possible human reason for the microwave evidence

came up with the idea, unsubstantiated, that the crop circle makers are using some sort of a ray gun

to create the designs. This is so implausable that on the basis of Occum's Razor non human creation

is clearly a winner

I'm finding it harder and harder to disagree with Hasina.

Good grief woman, get a boring avatar!

Just a tip, I think the lady has a bit of thing about one of the Fraser bros !

• Like 2

This is looking at the very important matter of crop designs from a rather different angle

The science world looking for some possible human reason for the microwave evidence

came up with the idea, unsubstantiated, that the crop circle makers are using some sort of a ray gun

to create the designs. This is so implausable that on the basis of Occum's Razor non human creation

is clearly a winner

"No references seemed necessary, it has been known for years"

Oh, really. Who, What, When, Where and How?

So far, you should re-explore the concept of 'Occam's Razor'.

• Like 2

j3CH9.png

occam.jpeg

• Like 4

is clearly a winner

Not sure if you understand the difference of implausibility between human generated crop circles and advanced aliens travelling the cosmos to draw circles in the grass AKA pee in the snow. I've always wondered what it feels like to thumb my nose at logic like that.

• Like 2

Just a tip, I think the lady has a bit of thing about one of the Fraser bros !

Another tip, that was sexist and irrelevant to the subject. :)

Link to the science investigation and the alleged microwave evidence please.

"No references seemed necessary, it has been known for years"

Oh, really. Who, What, When, Where and How?

So far, you should re-explore the concept of 'Occam's Razor'.

There is a stack of evidence at your fingertips if you would care to look at it

Occum's Razor indictes that because noone can come up with a satisfactory explanation for the evidence in

many crop circles the simple solution is the best one..............some are not of human origin

I may be wrong, but I thought Occam's Rzor was "when you don't know the answer, the answer that requires the least number of leaps into te unknown/unknowable variables is the most likely".

As "somw are by aliens" requires not only aliens to exist (almost a ceetainty), for them to be coming here (which is somewhat implausivle, with little in te wzy of verriied evidence) and hat while here they leave grafitti n fields of wheat.

te "they're all by humans" argument requires humans to be clever and a little maicious, I think we an all agree upin the certibty of both of those assumptions.

• Like 6

This is what Occam did when he got bored explaining his principle for the Xth time:

crop%20circles_4b05c7a31552e.jpg

And all done with a razor.

Believe me, it's true.

• Like 2

Not sure if you understand the difference of implausibility between human generated crop circles and advanced aliens travelling the cosmos to draw circles in the grass AKA pee in the snow. I've always wondered what it feels like to thumb my nose at logic like that.

Skip aliens for a mo and think spiritual. If we have crop designs that defy human logic we are probably getting them for a reason and to ignore that possibility might be a great folly. Even our scientists now question the probability of our planet being a source of life without some assistance, so some sort of spiritual involvement should not be ruled out in a genuine quest for the truth... who knows?

• Like 1

Another tip, that was sexist and irrelevant to the subject. :)

I didn't mean it to be sexist, just pkayful.

I'm sorry if it came off as offensive, I'm not very good at judging how people will react to the tnings I say.

• Like 1

I didn't mean it to be sexist, just pkayful.

I'm sorry if it came off as offensive, I'm not very good at judging how people will react to the tnings I say.

No problem at all W O H, I am sure the lady took it as a compliment, at least I hope so or we live in a sad world

Skip aliens for a mo and think spiritual. If we have crop designs that defy human logic we are probably getting them for a reason and to ignore that possibility might be a great folly. Even our scientists now question the probability of our planet being a source of life without some assistance, so some sort of spiritual involvement should not be ruled out in a genuine quest for the truth... who knows?

Our scientists what now?

Please expand... ;)

Also the OP is wrong. Humans are by far the simplest and most logical explanation.

• Like 3

Do plants even get tired? They stay in one place, seemed to be doing nothing. Can you even get tired from doing nothing? Although, they do have to fight the wind... :hmm: