Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A trip to mississippi

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Something Like Laughter @ May 25 2005, 03:23 PM)
I also have to ask how someone can believe so strongly in a book that is obviously flawed.

probably most christians are ignorant of these supposed contradictions. others probably dont care. others will try to find a decent explanation for a supposed contradiction.

View Post

Here goes!
First Account (Genesis 1:1-2:3)
QUOTE(Gen.1:25-27)
(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

QUOTE(Gen.1:27)

(The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Second Account (Genesis 2:4-25)
QUOTE(Gen.2:18-19 )
(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

QUOTE(Gen.2:18-22 )
(The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Does this clarify things? thumbsup.gif

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#17    Something Like Laughter

Something Like Laughter

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• You want religious fundamentalism? I'll show you religious fundamentalism!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

i knew what he was talking about.
rendering the verb "formed" in 2:19 in the perfect past instead of the simple past solves that little contradiction quite handily.

Did you become what you are so that you could hate?
Death to the World!
Orthodox Christian
Minarchist

#18    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Something Like Laughter @ May 26 2005, 12:58 PM)
i knew what he was talking about.
rendering the verb "formed" in 2:19 in the perfect past instead of the simple past solves that little contradiction quite handily.

View Post

This is the wrong place to debate this but you are wrong.
It was a nice try thumbsup.gif

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users