Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters Book IN PROGRESS

judyrad

Judy Raderchak here! (This is the beginning of work) HOW DO I FIND AN EDITOR FOR MY BOOK?

I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR FOUR YEARS AND almost complete! I NEED TO GET IT PUBLISHED SO I CAN START MY NEXT ONE. Any advise will help!!

The Life of a Paranormal Investigator

I always tell people to think back at a time in their life, were you thought something weird or strange happened and you brushed it off with logical thinking. Time after time I hear stories from so many people about this. Yet no one goes out of their way to talk about it. I consider myself a logical person and quite grounded individual, but I also do believe in a God.

If you have never had paranormal experiences in your life then let me help you understand our approach when it comes to the paranormal. Think of it as a new book, it’s new, you won’t know how it was until you read it. The same applies when it comes to the paranormal, you won’t know or understand it until you try it and can decide if you believe in it or not.

Imagine that you are sitting in a graveyard late at night; it’s not that dark in the cemetery due to the light being cast from a school that lies behind the cemetery.

You’re just chit-chatting with a friend sitting on the bench gazing towards the lit up area. It’s just the two of you hanging out and it’s quiet and comfortable. You don’t notice anything out of place and it seems pretty peaceful. In a moment of silence you see from a distance a shadow of a person. The figure walks from behind one tree then passes a grave stone, then walks behind another tree and disappears. It’s a real person, it has to be. The figure has shape and form. It has to be real, right? You and your friend confirm to each other of what you have seen and immediately run over to where the figure had been walking. You search the area and yet no one can be found. How could it be that the person just vanished without you seeing them? Perhaps the person walked through the cemetery? No, that can’t be because there’s gate around the entire cemetery and you would have heard the person try to jump over the fence.

There was no sound, it was dead silent. Both of you know for a fact what you had seen. You were looking directly at it. You check the ground for foot prints and there is none to be found. The ground was moist and you would have seen tracks; yet there are no leaves moved, no broken sticks, nothing. You continue to search the entire cemetery, flash light in hand pointing it behind every tree and area a person could hide. Yet there’s no sign of anybody, how could this be?

In 2008, Regina and I had this entire experience happen to us. With no possible explanation you have to tell yourself, “I don’t know.” We both had bizarre things happen throughout our lives, but ghosts were not the first thing to come to our mind. We have shared so many stories of our own that seemed weird and with no reason able fact. We both witnessed this person in the cemetery and it got us wondering, what the heck is all this all about?

During 2008 there had seen several ghost TV shows on and it was become pretty popular. We decided to start investigating on our own and research on how to be a ghost hunter. It wasn’t easy, but in the beginning of 2009 Regina and I had our own group up and running. We both are from the Sacramento area and lived in a little town that had been the fastest growing, population wise for a while. Our now much bigger town of Elk Grove that we love was the name we took after. Our first and for most plan was to get in touch with the historical society and do an investigation at local Masonic Hall, known as the Mercantile Building. That’s where we took off.

A “Good God Man”

E.G.P.I Journal 2014

I met a young man who was large in stature, but had a soft, kind face. The shirt he wore with pride was blue and had FBI written on it. Underneath it said “Firm believer in Jesus.” Gina, (and I had seen this man a few out with his friends before. They began to talk about ghosts so we decided to share our ghost stories with them. Gina and I had told “The Good God Man” our “cemetery ghost story”. He seemed fascinated by the story and I really didn’t expect him to be that intrigued; he then stated to me that he thought our experience was a “God of the gaps story.” I asked him what that meant even though I had an inkling of what it could be, he explained. “Basically it means that when there is no scientific explanation, God did it.”

“That could be possible, I suppose.” I then stated to him “The fact is we don’t know what “it” is”.

“We don’t know if Spirits are demons or human souls that stay on earth after they die or if angels show themselves as spirits beings. We simply don’t know all of the answers. If anyone claims to know for sure, they are simply responding out of their own personal beliefs. Now, we respect others beliefs, don’t get me wrong, but we, Regina and I , want to come up with our own personal explanation. Yet for us to get logical answers you can’t simply just decide that it is one specific thing unless you take a more scientific approach. I know there is a hell of a lot more out there than could possibly be explained, at this time, but as science advances, maybe we will have some reason behind all those weird occurrences. That’s why we investigate the paranormal”

The man looked at me with surprised yet stuck to his own beliefs. “Do you believe in God?” He asks me. “Yes, of course, but I’m not just going to say, oh God did it because to me I believe that God gave us this world to take care of. Yet in our lives, there are also things out there that maybe we need to learn for ourselves and maybe this is my calling or whatever, but in my heart I know this is what I love and desire to do. I don’t do this just to explore and learn new things; I also do it to help those who don’t understand it, to understand it for themselves.”

BY JUDY RADERCHAK

Welcome to publishing, you are about to learn some very harsh lessons about how the industry is run.

Get an agent and prey.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

Would just like to address this:

you would have heard the person try to jump over the fence.

There are some pretty nippy people out there and there is a high chance you would not have heard them.

yet there are no leaves moved, no broken sticks, nothing.

How could you possibly know this, was every leaf and stick mapped out prior to seeing someone there?

In 2008, Regina and I had this entire experience happen to us. With no possible explanation you have to tell yourself, “I don’t know.” We both had bizarre things happen throughout our lives, but ghosts were not the first thing to come to our mind.

If ghosts were not the first thing to come to mind, why go to a cemetery at night, equipped with flashlight?

Did you not go back there again to see if it would happen again?

I do not mean to be a harsh critic, but the story has many logical explanations which come to mind well before any ghost does.

Amazon, They allow you to publish your book in a PDF format and sell it online (no one does any spell or grammar checks on your work)

• Like 2

You might be better off having this topic moved to the writers section here on UM if you are looking for advice on editing and publishing. Under this section you will likely get more commentary on the story itself.