Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Charles could be 'King of Australia'

seeder

Ha... why not let the ozzies decide that for themselves?

Prince Charles will one day be 'King of Australia', republican PM Malcolm Turnbull is begrudgingly forced to admit ahead of meeting the royal for the first time

Charles arrived in Canberra for WW2 commemorations and talks with PM

Mt Turnbull previously branded marriage to Diana a 'miserable pretence'

Also criticised Charles for giving longest speech on Australia Day in 1988

He also said 'it was difficult to believe Prince Charles could ever be accepted as King'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3313149/Charles-meets-Australias-republican-PM-Malcolm-Turnbull.html#ixzz3rCN2itQW

• Like 2

I guess that is the point of a monarch; the people won't decide.

• Like 4

We can decide, decide to be well shot of the whole rotten bunch of them.

• Like 3

The Queen has more experience as a statesman (and is immeasurably more statesmanlike) than any of the gang of "elected" politicians, but I do tend to agree with those who suggest that perhaps it should be time to draw a line under it when she goes, and Charlie, while his heart is undoubtedly in the right place on many issues, would, I fear, be a liability as head of state.

• Like 1

We can decide, decide to be well shot of the whole rotten bunch of them.

You are talking about the"elected" politicians, I take it?

You are talking about the"elected" politicians, I take it?

Them, and the unelected royalty.

Keating said it best "no nation with a foreigner as its head of state can be truly great".

The Queen has more experience as a statesman (and is immeasurably more statesmanlike) than any of the gang of "elected" politicians, but I do tend to agree with those who suggest that perhaps it should be time to draw a line under it when she goes, and Charlie, while his heart is undoubtedly in the right place on many issues, would, I fear, be a liability as head of state.

What interest does a foreigner have in Australian affairs?

None whatsoever. It doesn't matter how good a statesman they are, when they don't care about the state!

Keating said it best "no nation with a foreigner as its head of state can be truly great".

None whatsoever. It doesn't matter how good a statesman they are, when they don't care about the state!

How can you say that, Australia is family. not some far off foreign land. go back over generations and the United Kingdom gave rise to Australia, the Aussies have grew up become their own person (country) a model citizen of the world in their own right, but why you feel the need to ruin everything we've achieved as a family. just casting away undermining and demolishing all that is good - don't become that bitter and twisted family member that causes trouble at every family gathering. You should view the Queen and the monarchy as representing the link to your history, our shared history, without History and tradition we have nothing. - If Australia was attacked we'd, before the Australian Premier puts the phone down be on our way. with Lizzy leading the charge.

• Like 3

When Queen Margrethe dies our next queen is Australian, so maybe you could join us instead ? :P

• Like 2

From what I gather from the article, the prime minister doesn't see Charles as acceptable as taking over, right? Isn't Elizabeth the queen of Australia now? ( I know, Australia and other places, like Canada, part of the commonwealth ) It could be me, ( oh more than likely :blush: ) but it almost sounded like Charles will be king of Australia now. Even while Elizabeth is still alive. Or is this doubt in his Charles abilities?

You know, is Charles, bit by bit, started to take over and help out now, considering Elizabeth, ( and Phillip) have to scare back due to their age? So, in a sense, Charles is getting there. ( I don't know if it's in the same frame of mind of the then Prince of Wales had to for George the third? *looks sheepish* )

I do understand where the prime ministers is coming from with his criticism of Charles and his marriage of Diana and with his 'affair' of Camilla at the time. ( I have to admit, for all that I am not a big fan of Camilla and my POV of her part with Diana and everything) She and Charles should have married a long time ago, and instead of Diana. You can see this an actually love match and they are both good for each other. Either way, I would think, marriages and their effects aside, Charles could do alright.

But then again, ( I know, I'm just a crazy American who is a big fan of how monarchies are ) I often wanted to be in the camp of Elizabeth than skip, and just go to William! :o:devil:

When Queen Margrethe dies our next queen is Australian, so maybe you could join us instead ? :P

OMG! That's right! :o:D What do you think of her?
  • Like 1

You only elect one of the leaders, the safeguard is hereditary and moulded to provide that role.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Turnbul is a republican and anti monarchist. Expect a future constitutional referendum on Australia's identity.

OMG! That's right! :o:D What do you think of her?

So far she has done a great job. I have never met her, but I know people who have, and by all accounts she is a very cool lady. So I give her an A+. :tu:

Are the Native American Indians running America?

• Like 2

Are the Native American Indians running America?

Who ever said the United States was truely great?

• Like 1

I think the States are a great country. Same with Australia, Britain, China, Russia and a lot more.

• Like 1

I think the States are a great country. Same with Australia, Britain, China, Russia and a lot more.

All that glitters....

:)

• Like 2

Well, the Hanoverian dynasty (all those Georges) was descended from a king who was imported from Germany to fill a vacancy, and then a hundred or so years before that a Dutchman (William of Orange) was effectively hired to oust James II, and the Stuarts themselves were Scottish (which was until 1707 a separate country),and then of course in 1066 someone came stomping over from Normandy and set himself up as King. So the Head of State has been a foreigner for a large chunk of history. Edited by Norbert the Powerful
  • Like 3

God save the Queen.. yes I am a monarchist :)

but Gods save the Commonwealth if Charles becomes king.. (not that much of a monarchist if big ears gets the chair and funny hat)

Don't Panic, like any other Head of State Charles is a figurehead and has no say in Politics in the U.K. or anywhere else. The Politicians run the Country for better or worse, and we elect them, and the way things are going I wish the Queen was in charge, she would make a better job of it. The only thing I have against the Royals is that I wish they would change the bloody awful National Anthem, the English do not have a National Anthem as God Save the Queen is a British Anthem and encompasses the whole of Great Britain.The Scots...Irish...and Welsh all have their own, why can't we.

• Like 2

Every country should have at least one constitutional monarch, preferably two (one of each sex). They can serve an important function to intervene in a constitutional crisis, as we have seen in Japan to end the war or in Thailand recently. Most monarchs do not have that power, though, but can still speak out in such a situation and be above politics. In the meantime if they have any dignity at all (and this can be taught) they make an excellent symbol and look better on the currency than some politician.

• Like 1

Don't Panic, like any other Head of State Charles is a figurehead and has no say in Politics in the U.K. or anywhere else. The Politicians run the Country for better or worse, and we elect them, and the way things are going I wish the Queen was in charge, she would make a better job of it. The only thing I have against the Royals is that I wish they would change the bloody awful National Anthem, the English do not have a National Anthem as God Save the Queen is a British Anthem and encompasses the whole of Great Britain.The Scots...Irish...and Welsh all have their own, why can't we.

In my opinion, when it comes to national anthems no one has ever topped the first one ever made:

• Like 2

This should be the Aussie national anthem :)

or this one :D

Not gonna happpen. The man is massively flawed.