Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

$100,000 Reward for Proof of an ET Spacecraft

james fox ufo et spacecraft proof reward

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#46    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postmeteorlima, on 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's so easy to debunk...no matter what is offered just say no,case closed...no amount of evidence will ever change that no matter how open-minded someone is.
If it's easy to debunk then it's invalid anyway.  As Psych101's sig says, "That's the beauty of reality, it can't be debunked."  But go back to post #28 on Page 2 and re-read the part about who I am.  Pay special attention to the bottom, the part about things I find fascinating.  Now tell me again how it's just debunk and case closed.  You can't.  Well, you can't in all honesty.

Sorry, but you're the closed minded one here.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#47    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostKludge808, on 24 February 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Who am I?  I'm someone utterly fascinated by the Lonny Zamora case and the Logan County, OH, to Beaver, PA, chase.  One or two others but they don't stack up against those two.
Eek, that should read Portage County, not Logan County.  Sorry about that.

#48    notforgotten

notforgotten

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

• Those who could not hear the music thought those who were dancing to be insane.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'll just have to ask for a souvenir during my next encounter.

#49    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 25 February 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I'll just have to ask for a souvenir during my next encounter.
Can you get me 400 Bensons and 2 bottles of Baileys on your way back, thanks, will pay you when they return you.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#50    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 25 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Can you get me 400 Bensons and 2 bottles of Baileys on your way back, thanks, will pay you when they return you.
The Bensons sound good but, if it isn't too much bother, I'd really rather Jameson's.  Sooo good in the coffee, y'know. :-)

#51    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 6,953 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostKludge808, on 25 February 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Puh-leez ...

First off, aluminum foil was not a product of the aircraft industry although it was - and is - used a lot in aircraft.  It was first made in the 19th century in Switzerland and was first used in the US in the early 20th century.  At best what was being peddled was surplus left over from WW II that the assorted manufacturer's wanted to dump that they'd cut down for household use, something for which it had already been used in most of the rest of the country for a while already.

Second, aluminum foil was used as the outer layer of insulating blankets not only in high altitude aircraft (largely bombers) during and after WW II but for other insulating purposes including the V-2 rockets that came from Germany.  Several hundred railroad car loads of V-2 bitzenpieces arrived at White Sands after the war.  That would include a bunch of insulating blanket that would be surplus to their needs.  I wonder where it went.

Third, aluminum foil contains varying levels of iron, silicon, manganese and, in some cases, copper in its alloy with the first two the most plentiful.  Look at the list of elements listed and tell me what the first three - in order of content - are.  Well, gee whiz, they're aluminum, iron and silicon.  What a surprise.  The other two are on the list as well although further down.  Now there's one other thing.  The added materials found were only on one surface rather than in the alloy and most were trace amounts.  There are a lot of ways for that to happen including simple contact or exposure when other materials are being used in manufacturing.  Most of those elements are used in the production of aircraft and rockets with the uranium coming from its presence at White Sands.

Still with me and not about to scream that I'm "closed minded"?  Good.

Fourth, the "proof" of alien sources for the materials is the isotopes of three elements, copper, nickel and antimony.  The fact that the trace levels of each are at odds with the percentage of each found on earth is no surprise.  I'd be real surprised if they did agree.  Why?  Because the process by which they would have been deposited on that layer would not have been natural but rather part of manufacturing which plays hob with actual levels unless they're closely controlled.  Of them, only copper is used as part of an aluminum foil alloy and that's only .02% at most - ie, a trace level.

It's rather convenient that they did not show the actual amounts of the elements found but just stated they were there.  So what?  Take a sample of your skin after a day's exposure to about anything and tell me what you find using the same analytic techniques.  Not the percentages, just what's there.  Using the methods used in the article, you'll also be of alien construction since many elements will show up that "don't belong there."

Bottom line?  They found a dump, probably from White Sands.

You my friend are a breath of fresh air on this forum....keep posting :yes:
Too many fantasists have got off too lightly for too long. (have you met Zozer yet.......you'll have a ball)

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 25 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#52    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 25 February 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

You my friend are a breath of fresh air on this forum....keep posting :yes:
Thanks.  Reality is a tough world but someone's gotta live in it, I guess. ;)

I'm counting up to 1000 posts when I can name my own forum title or whatever it's called.  My Beloved Goddess of All Things, the Ever Benevolent DotNM, and I have discussed this ever so briefly but I may consult further with her since she knows me rather well. :yes:

Too many idiots have got off too lightly for too long. (have you met Zozer yet.......you'll have a ball)
I finally got tired of the 911 conspiracy nuts and tripped across this one when I was looking for something else to catch my interest.  No, really.  It stuck it's freakin' leg out and tripped me! :whistle:

Ah, yes.  Tantalizing Testimony.  I was there for a while and finally bailed due to real life intervening, specifically illness and obligations that had to be met.  Anyway, I couldn't find anything tantalizing about any of it except the leaps of faith from "Huh.  Wazzat?" to "It must be aliens!"  Those I found in abundance and "tantalizing" only in how people managed to make that leap with absolutely no effort at all.

Speculation I don't mind as long as that's all it is.  Even the most thorough UFO investigator (and again I call upon Quillus* to appear) engages in it at some point in the investigative process.  Police investigators do it as well.  This is largely how evidential wheat and chaff are separated.  Think of it as a court case, what you would want to take in as evidence to support your case.  Who has the stronger case, those who actually dig in and do their homework or those who go in with nothing but belief and evidence that has conveniently disappeared or is otherwise unavailable.

* Quillus is a Ufologist and believer but he is first and foremost an investigator and well respected among skeptics & debunkers.   It's funny how many times we're on the same side of the fence on any given case.

The alien implants were mentioned in an earlier post.  It's funny how so many of those "implants" have proven to be common items, splinters of various materials and the like.  Those that are supposed to be "definitive proof" are not to be found.  They've all gotten lost or whisked away by some unknown agency or the cat ate it.  (I already blamed the dog for consuming other evidence.  Remaining pets will have to wait their turn.)

Believers believe without supporting evidence that cannot be proven false.  That's how one treats a religion, not what should be treated as a science.

Now, here's a little corker for the FTBs.  Do I accept there is a possibility of alien visitation?  Of course I do.  I'd be an idiot to flat out deny it simply because, as there is no evidence to support the claim, there is no evidence to deny it either.  That's why I consider myself a true skeptic, I don't see that either side has overwhelming evidence that it's the correct one.  Against that though, the ones who deny the possibility don't come up with falsifiable "evidence" as the believers do, and do all too regularly.

Now, who's truly closed minded and who's open minded?

#53    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

this is the comment from ufo casebook  about my claim: http://ufocasebook.c...&num=1361636670

#54    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostKludge808, on 25 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Don't you find it curious that all of those "crucial pieces of evidence" have gotten lost or have been confiscated by some government agency or the aliens have come to take back or got eaten by the dog or are otherwise no longer available?  Not even just a little bit?  With that track record, if it were me, which it is at the moment, I'd tend to believe they never existed in the first place.

Edited to correct spelling oops.

Our scary defense complex will wipe you off the map or fry your brain with microwaves if that's what it takes to keep the secrecy. I complied a list of witness harassment/ threat cases so it's no small matter.

#55    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 6,953 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 26 February 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Our scary defense complex will wipe you off the map or fry your brain with microwaves if that's what it takes to keep the secrecy. I complied a list of witness harassment/ threat cases so it's no small matter.

One US president couldn't keep an office break-in a secret, another couldn't keep a nasty stain on a dress a secret, what makes you think they could possibly keep alien visitation secret?

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#56    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,124 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

May aswell just make a list of mental disorders.

#57    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yes, the old cover-up defence,..."we cant show you good evidence because we havent got it" get-out-of-jail free card.

The material that would be convincing proof has been collected and secreted away by the US government. While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance and implies that every government in the world has efficiently squirreled away all alien artifacts. Unless, of course, the extraterrestrials only visit the USA where retrieval of material that falls to Earth is supposedly a perfected art form.

Bottom line - all the claims (thousands and thousands) falls WAAYYY short of anything even remotely resembling scientific proof that ET exist, have found Earth, or are here on a visit.

Edited by Hazzard, 26 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#58    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,252 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 25 February 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

An alien spacecraft such as a flying saucer or an alien body would be not very likley simply because there is a cover-up. You would have a media black out, cover mechanism etc. What is more likely is ET debris and that sort of thing.

One example would be a New Berlin, New York case from 1964 where the occupants were performing repairs on a craft.

You can read about this case in the book UFOs Over New York By Preston Dennett.

To her surprise, she also found an apparent piece of cable. Says Hatzenbuhler, "The outer part of it looked like the wrapping, something like a brown paper towl, only it wasn't like our paper towl. It felt rather like that, and was dark brown in color. It seemed to be a wrapping for a cable, tubular. And in the center of it - it had been cut laterally - you could see the strip, maybe an inch wide, more or less, something that looked like finely shredded aluminum strips laid in there, and it was as long as the piece of paper, and that the color and feel of aluminum, although it wasn't aluminum. It didn't behave like aluminum. Aluminum will crumple and this didn't crumple. You couldn't crease it. It was inside, strips of this, laying inside the paper. You could remove the inside, for the outside paper had been cut along the length of the piece, but it was all together."

Unfortunately, this crucial piece of evidence has become lost.

So Aliens use old armoured HV cable with paper insulation to power saucers do they.

Aluminium cabe is hard drawn, it does not crumple, aluminium cans do.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#59    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,252 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

View Postmeteorlima, on 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's so easy to debunk...no matter what is offered just say no,case closed...no amount of evidence will ever change that no matter how open-minded someone is.

A piece of evidence that lives up to the claims that accompany it would be a refreshing change if anything.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#60    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,252 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Scary Pffffft. Wimp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users