Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The alarm clock that won't turn off until you

Still Waters

Anyone addicted to the snooze button will view this alarm clock design as one of Satan's instruments from Hell.

The Ramos Alarm Clock, from Paul Sammut, is fiendishly designed so that the slumbering victim has to physically leave bed and enter a PIN code into a wireless panel to silence the buzzer.

Clearly aimed at heavy sleepers with mashochistic tendencies, the clock's manufacturers suggest placing the PIN code panel as far away as possible, such as another room.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Kryso

• _Chez_

• Pandachoko

That would be going out the window at 5:30am when I can't remember the pin-code :)

That would be going out the window at 5:30am when I can't remember the pin-code :)

It wouldn't get off so easy at my place. I would wake up by meticulously destroying the thing while using words that my neighbors might not approve of :w00t:

This is stupid....I have an app on my Android phone where I have to solve math problems before I can turn my alarm clock off - I have had this for months!

what a brilliant bit of kit. My maid is always late with my breakfast,but now my Jungle Bunny will have to get out of bed.. Come to think of it she will probably sleep through it.I am going to make an alarm that tips the bed over . Shake ,rattle and roll baby.........

When I was younger I used to keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room and that seemed to work for me.

Now that I'm older I always seem to wake up before the damn thing goes off anyway.

If someone really wants to invent something cool then they should invent an alcohol interlock device for Facebook to keep people from drunkposting. :tu:

Reminds me of the Baseball Alarm clock, an alarm clock built into a baseball. When it went off, you would throw it against a wall. 15 minutes later, it would start again, this time louder, and you had to get up and look for wherever it rolled under to turn it off.

They will be out of business by the end of the year lol. I always wake up 5 min before the alarm goes off anyway ;).

Edited by Flawsious

People who love a late lie in would only end up getting p***ed with that new alarm clock and bringing a hammer to it. I know I probably would. :D

When I was younger I used to keep my alarm clock on the other side of the room and that seemed to work for me.

Now that I'm older I always seem to wake up before the damn thing goes off anyway.

If someone really wants to invent something cool then they should invent an alcohol interlock device for Facebook to keep people from drunkposting. :tu:

It would save many a friendship Biff :w00t:

what a brilliant bit of kit. My maid is always late with my breakfast,but now my Jungle Bunny will have to get out of bed.. Come to think of it she will probably sleep through it.I am going to make an alarm that tips the bed over . Shake ,rattle and roll baby.........

Nice racial slur. Really cool.

Wouldn't it be simpler (and cheaper) to make (or buy, if they already exist) an alarm clock without a snooze button?

I did almost the same - had it in the hallway outside my bedroom (always slept with the door open anyways). It worked a charm, I should do it again - but my innards rebel at the notion "noooooooo ".

Yes drunkposting can lead to some interesting brain farts online I noticed :w00t: .

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have one with those bell thingies on top and it made the loudes noise scaring me awake. One time I got fed up with it and smashed it against the wall. My guess is I would do the same to any other annoying alarm. :)

Oh my god, that is evil.

Where do I get one?