Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Surge in UFO reports over New Year

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,818 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

A significant increase in UFO sightings has prompted speculation that 2012 hysteria may be setting in.

Xinhuanet said:

New Zealand meteorologists said Monday they were opting for the former and other mundane explanations after being inundated with reports of UFOs since the start of the New Year.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    General Kenobi

General Kenobi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

(le sigh...) Some people are going to feel pretty stupid when Dec 22 comes around and the only thing that's happened is that they are a day older... So after this, what's the NEXT doomsday day?

#3    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

And here we go. The only thing the 2012 doomsday crap is good for is scaring the bejesus out of the people that actually do believe we have only a year left. I know 2 people personally who strongly believe this and I think its hilarious that I can make them lose sleep over it.

#4    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Believers in doomsday, give away your possesions now and avoid the December rush!

#5    chadsford

chadsford

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

What's really sad is the inevitable increase suicides that will happen at the end of this year over nothing.

#6    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,264 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

O.K so I have seen something unusual in the sky,but up to now if there are little green men flying around,they havnt done anything to harm anyone,have they ?.So whats all the fuss and panic about ?.I am more concerned about the Crazies on the motorways,now thats really scary.

#7    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just in case I'm going to get really hammered that night. I want to make sure I go out on a drunk note. Harold Camping was good for two blurry nights for me. After all, any excuse for drinking is a good excuse for drinking. :innocent:

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,595 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Some people have mistaken the moon for a UFO, I wouldn't be surprised if some did the same with fireworks.

#9    Psycho78

Psycho78

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

The saddest part is that people are still belittled for reporting UFO sightings. Of the dozen plus friends and family who have shared their UFO sightings with me, only 3 of them shared their experiences freely with others, regardless of if they thought they were in sympathetic company. Including myself that's still less than 25%. Welcome to 1950, the year that never ends.

#10    BrandOfAmber

BrandOfAmber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Life is the lust of the lamp for the light that is dark till the dawn of the day that we die...

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Agreed Psycho78.

I read the first two lines in this article and then stopped.

What the hell ever happened to Occam's Razor?

How in the world is the simplest explanation for people seeing UFOs over New Years a sign of Mass Hysteria?

Perhaps visitors to our skies just wanted to see the fireworks.  

For those who don't actually look at the sky with their own eyes, I can tell you that this happens EVERY YEAR.

From an Alien perspective, it's a neat Earth Event we perform annually for their entertainment.

I saw a burning orange craft floating in low orbit over San Diego this year from the Rooftop of the Andaz Hotel.  Scores of other partiers saw it too.

None of us were hysterical, and frankly nobody was afraid.  We waved up, and it's likely that 'they' were waving down.

Get over yourselves people, they are simply beings from another world.

-Brand

#11    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

What's really sad is the inevitable increase suicides that will happen at the end of this year over nothing.

Why kill yourself if its going to happen anyway?

Hopefully, Dec 22nd 2012 will mean the end of all doomsday predictions. Though I doubt it. I wonder if that nutbar will set Dec 21st as his new rapture date too...

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#12    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,666 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostBrandOfAmber, on 03 January 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

From an Alien perspective, it's a neat Earth Event we perform annually for their entertainment.

I saw a burning orange craft floating in low orbit over San Diego this year from the Rooftop of the Andaz Hotel.  Scores of other partiers saw it too.

None of us were hysterical, and frankly nobody was afraid.  We waved up, and it's likely that 'they' were waving down.

Get over yourselves people, they are simply beings from another world.

-Brand

It's a pretty galactic sized leap to say that something in the sky which is unidentified is piloted by beings from another world.  We are separated not only by great distances but vast gulfs of time as well.  It is sooo unlikely in fact that it should not even be considered remotely the most obvious answer.  You would think somebody referencing occams razor would know that.

#13    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 4,080 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostPsycho78, on 03 January 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

The saddest part is that people are still belittled for reporting UFO sightings. Of the dozen plus friends and family who have shared their UFO sightings with me, only 3 of them shared their experiences freely with others, regardless of if they thought they were in sympathetic company.
Many people falsely assume that they've seen an extraterrestrial spacecraft when they see a UFO. When you give them a list of far more likely explanations of what they saw, they claim they are being "belittled".

They know they don't know what they saw, but they want to live their lives believing they saw aliens flying a spaceship.

#14    Shush_rules

Shush_rules

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Regardless of if you believe or don't believe in aliens, It's a big call to say that a spike in UFO sightings over New Years should be linked at all to 2012 end of the world bull. Especially when the same article also makes a point that more people celebrated NYE outside...

"There ain't no heroes no villians, ain't no pleasure in killing, just the smoke from the cap peeling a man with no feeling, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets"

#15    puckmomma

puckmomma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Call it fear or whatever but even this mom of 4 has been looking up at the skys an awful lot lately. I mean even in the morning early, I'll be taking the dog out and I catch myself looking up. Not always a bad thing I guess, but just the whole 2012 year makes me feel uneasy, and I think if it's like that for me I can imagine other people doing the same. My husband is a skeptic also about the 2012 doomsday, but at least we have a dialog about my fears and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users