Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkish village is latest doomsday hotspot

Still Waters

Some New Age spiritualists are convinced of a December 21 "doomsday" foretold by Mayan hieroglyphs – at least according to some interpretations.

Sirince, a village of around 600 inhabitants near the ancient Greek city of Ephesus, has a positive energy according to the doomsday cultists, who say that it is close to an area where Christians believe the Virgin Mary ascended to heaven.

The Mayan prophecy has sparked a tourism boom in the village, which is now expected to host more than 60,000 visitors according to local media.

http://www.telegraph...ay-hotspot.html

• Like 1

Oh, why do the media insist on printing these lies?

My community is having a celebration and dance that day. Dec. 22 is the winter solstice, when the sun appears farthest south of the equator. Some of us like the pagan celebrations better then the Christian one. My good feelings are tied to the cycles of nature.

Also, when I was young I hoped to live long enough to see what happens on this Mayan date, and I should at least celebrate that I have lived this long.

Interesting to me, is the fisical cliff, and Jose Arguelles wrote in "The Mayan Factor" that we would have economic collapse. That would 1987 and economically some interesting things have happened since then. I am not so sure the Mayan explanation is just nonsense.

With the googling I have done today about the flood and Eden, I would love to go to Turkey. Civilization as we know it, may have depended on the food supply in this unique area with wheats and animals that could be domesticated. Farm animals are not African animals. I think special things did happen here, but I don't apply a religious explanation to them.

• Like 4

I hear that there's a town called Morayfield in Queensland Australia that during the last really nasty flood was above water and dry despite being relatively close to sea-level (albeit inland from the sea), I take that as a sign that no matter what happens Morafield will survive it, therefore Morayfield should be an Apocalypse Hotspot too.

• Like 1

I think my house is a safe haven too, all women are invited to come and be safe. Lol.

• Like 1

I think my house is a safe haven too, all women are invited to come and be safe. Lol.

LOL, smartypants.

I live next to a really tall mountain, so, I wonder how I could make a bunch of money out of tourism over here?

on 12/22/12 when we are still here, I wonder what the next date of doom will be? I am sick of this crap.

• Like 2

sheesh

on 12/22/12 when we are still here, I wonder what the next date of doom will be? I am sick of this crap.

LOL, so true. When it ends, it ends. I don't see much we can do to stop it.

There may be something wrong with me; i actually enjoy all the theories.

I watch the shows, read the stories etc...

I guess i look at it as a really interesting story.

I dont believe for one second that the worlds going to end on the 21st, but i do enjoy all the hoopla.

I just really hope that all the crazies out there dont go on killing sprees etc because of it.

I too have been wondering lately though what the next gloom and doom scenerio will be.

any ideas?

• Like 2

Oh, that's easy.

I think 2018 is the next date. Then, when that doesn't happen it will be 2024, then, 2026, then 2040, then 2075, then 2100, then blah, blah, blah, blah, FOREVER !!!!!

• Like 1

I'd like to visit and feel the energy of both the apocalyptic tourists and the villagers.

There is something mystical about Anatolia.

I'd like to visit and feel the energy of both the apocalyptic tourists and the villagers.

There is something mystical about Anatolia.

theres also something mystical about my a** go check it out and feel the energy of my blast :rolleyes:

All these assumptions are WRONG.

The reason is very simple:

only the chosen SOULS will be saved, other SOULS will be exterminated

Do I sense irony in that statement? Cos at the risk of stating the obvious - chosen souls according to which self proclaimed authority of God on Earth are we referring to today?

I guess the Mayans thought the people in that Turkish Village wouldn't need a calendar after December 21.

Since the Mayans were that stupid it's hard to understand why people think they would know the world was going to end Dec. 21.

I hear that there's a town called Morayfield in Queensland Australia that during the last really nasty flood was above water and dry despite being relatively close to sea-level (albeit inland from the sea), I take that as a sign that no matter what happens Morafield will survive it, therefore Morayfield should be an Apocalypse Hotspot too.

You may have unlocked a huge mystery! This is so exciting!!! The theory is, the first migration of humans out of Africa went to Australia. Given what you said, what if the ice age and flood removed the evidence of those immigrants who turned White? You know, the ones who went into Europe. The theory is the second big migration out of Africa went to Europe, but glaciers push the rocks and soil south, and floods also clear the land, and submerge evidence. What if we are not finding evidence of earlier migrations, because of these major events? Some time ago, I read the ice age pushed a mix of humans into a small area where conditions were better for life, and they mixed with each other and spread out again.

This exciting point being, Australia remaining above water during a flood, would be where people survive. Also ocean currents might make life here more tolerable during an ice age? What do you think? Maybe it looks like this is where humans went, because this is where life, and the evidence of life, remained during the major events?

I guess the Mayans thought the people in that Turkish Village wouldn't need a calendar after December 21.

Since the Mayans were that stupid it's hard to understand why people think they would know the world was going to end Dec. 21.

Perhaps you should know something about the Mayan before stating your opinion of them? The baktun is a multi-dimensional harmonic term and we are in the thirteenth cycle, Bakun 12. I hardly think this harmonic math system and the information contained in a matrix using Mayan math is stupid. Their calender, which is a blend of a sun calender and moon calender is very accurate. The consciousness expressed in their math and calender may not be so different from the symbolic expressions of the biblical Revelations. The uniformed can easily misunderstand this information, and I don't think we should criticize the Mayan, because we are not well informed, and therefore misunderstand their meaning.

Perhaps you should know something about the Mayan before stating your opinion of them? The baktun is a multi-dimensional harmonic term and we are in the thirteenth cycle, Bakun 12. I hardly think this harmonic math system and the information contained in a matrix using Mayan math is stupid. Their calender, which is a blend of a sun calender and moon calender is very accurate. The consciousness expressed in their math and calender may not be so different from the symbolic expressions of the biblical Revelations. The uniformed can easily misunderstand this information, and I don't think we should criticize the Mayan, because we are not well informed, and therefore misunderstand their meaning.

It was a joke. ;)