Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are some of your fav underrated movies?

MacsMom

There are movies that we come across that we like but for some reason, don't become mainstream or are ignored by most moviegoers.

Here are two of my underrated favs:

Streets of Fire

The Other Sister (should have resulted in an Oscar)

• Like 1

I would have to say "RAD" the bmx movie since I used to race before...

• Like 1

I recently watched a movie online, it was called "Breaking Dawn" - no, not THAT one! :rolleyes:

It's a 2004 psycho-thriller starring Kelly Overton and James Haven. I really enjoyed it. It got mixed reviews and not much fanfare, and it starts quite slowly, but the story is of the sort I like.

• Like 1

Here's my list:

The Boondock Saints (The first and second ones!)

Highlander (Okay, so the second one sucked, and so did the third one, but Highlander: Endgame was very good, I cried at the end, and the TV show with Adrian Paul was absolutely great! I have all the seasons, the show was severely underrated)

The Rock

Wuthering Heights (the 2009 version with Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley, it was a Masterpiece Classic made for TV movie, but it is great. If you don't cry at the end of that movie, you have no soul...)

Kull the Conqueror (Kevin Sorbo running around without his shirt on, oh yeah!!)

High Spirits (Peter Otoole is hilarious in that movie. But I love it when Liam Neeson is chasing around after Beverly Dangelo, LOL)

Oh, I love that movie....

• Like 2

Stay

[media=]

[/media]

If I remember right, this got some great reviews and some horrible reviews but I love this movie. I haven't actually watched it in a few years though. It can be a bit depressing tbh, but it's one of those movies that you have to think about and not much makes sense until you get near the ending which I really enjoy.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 2

Eight Men Out

all the Trailer Park Boys movies

• Like 1

Thunderheart .

I love that movie.

Its based in fact ,and brings to light an important issue that most of the country has no knowledge of ,and or completely ignores .

• Like 3

The Prestige, Warrior (mma movie) and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were all pretty good movies that went a little under the radar.

Also thought Highlander and Kingdom of Heaven were great.

Edited by PlanB
  • Like 2

There are movies that we come across that we like but for some reason, don't become mainstream or are ignored by most moviegoers.

Here are two of my underrated favs:

Streets of Fire

The Other Sister (should have resulted in an Oscar)

I'm so glad you said Streets of Fire. I love that movie! Every once in a while I'll get the urge to watch it then I get all happy inside again :D One movie I really enjoyed was The Peacemaker. It stars George Clooney and Nicole Kidman. It's a wannabe techno-thriller with nukes but I liked the fact that the leads didn't jump into bed halfway through a crisis as they sometimes do.

• Like 2

The Prestige, Warrior (mma movie) and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang were all pretty good movies that went a little under the radar.

Also thought Highlander and Kingdom of Heaven were great.

Highlander is the most awesome movie ever made. The other movies, 2 and 3 were pretty awful. Highlander:Endgame was great, I really liked it, it brought the whole Highlander anthology together. The TV show was great too. It was and still is very underrated. Adrian Paul is a wonderful actor, not to mention, later in the series, he choreographed many of the sword fights. Also, if you watch Connor (Lambert) fight, and Duncan (Paul) you can see distinct differences in their sword fighting techniques....

• Like 3

Highlander is the most awesome movie ever made. The other movies, 2 and 3 were pretty awful. Highlander:Endgame was great, I really liked it, it brought the whole Highlander anthology together. The TV show was great too. It was and still is very underrated. Adrian Paul is a wonderful actor, not to mention, later in the series, he choreographed many of the sword fights. Also, if you watch Connor (Lambert) fight, and Duncan (Paul) you can see distinct differences in their sword fighting techniques....

[media=]

[/media]

Whenever I want to get pumped or motivated, I'll listen to Princes of the Universe. Watched the TV show too and thankfully they seemed to take a lot of their cues from the first Higlander movie. The way Jimi Hendrix made me want to become a guitar player, Highlander made me want to become a sword fighter, which probably would've been a dead-end career.

Kowalski, how do you feel about the upcoming reboot?

• Like 1

Kowalski, how do you feel about the upcoming reboot?

Are they? I didn't know that. Oh boy.... :no:

Some of the Asian films are great, and one I have watched several times is Casshern. Wonderful film.

For something a little more off-beat, a film I have on dvd called Special (Rx) is worth watching.

The Ghost in the Darkness was good.... Michael Douglas was bad a$$. :)

• Like 3

Some of the Asian films are great, and one I have watched several times is Casshern. Wonderful film.

For something a little more off-beat, a film I have on dvd called Special (Rx) is worth watching.

I hated casshern.

I prefer stuff like Taste of Tea ,Cold Fish ,and of course the horror .

The Death Note Trilogy and 20th Century Boy are much better than casshern in my opinion .

The Ghost in the Darkness was good.... Michael Douglas was bad a$$. :)

I went the the natural museum of Chicago just to see the lions ,because of this movie

• Like 2

Not a lot of people seemed to care for this movie, especially critics, but I loved The Warriors Way. Samurai flick meets Western with some steampunk influences. Cowboys vs Ninjas. Over-the-top swordplay and wire-work. Geoffry Rush.

The Man in The Iron Mask is a good one too:

• Like 1

Street Fighter starring Raul Julia and Van Damme.

no matter what im doign if I see that on, i will watch it

I hated casshern.

I prefer stuff like Taste of Tea ,Cold Fish ,and of course the horror .

The Death Note Trilogy and 20th Century Boy are much better than casshern in my opinion .

Your opinion is noted, but I thought the point of this thread was to note movies you personally like - not to denigrate another's choice?

• Like 1

Your opinion is noted, but I thought the point of this thread was to note movies you personally like - not to denigrate another's choice?

How did i denigrate it .I was just commenting on it .We can't discuss other movies posted ?

I see other people doing it on the thread .

My bad ....