Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Clock invented in the Stone Age

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Geoff Ward</strong>
Image credit: Geoff Ward
Geoff Ward: Stone Age people invented a form of clock that enabled them to tell the time of day, the seasons and even latitude, an author claims in remarkable new research.

And development of the device led to the mysterious Silbury Hill in Wiltshire becoming the prototype for pyramids in Egypt and around the world and also the basis of the English system of measures, says Peter Watts, a retired electrical engineer from Somerset, England.

After 15 years of study, Peter has concluded that Stone Age people were maths wizards thousands of years before the Ancient Greeks who are thought to have been the pioneers in geometry and trigonometry.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    REBEL

REBEL

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

They his theories or hypotheses?

#3    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

My mother always warned me about accepting archaeological and anthropological theories proposed by "retired....engineers."

#4    Lizardian_guy

Lizardian_guy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Location:Undefinable variable entered, system failure imminent. Please contact your administrator.

• I think, therefore I am. Does this mean I can discard the existence of mankind?

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

"Math wizards"...

Most people who say that people from thousands of years ago were math geniuses don't know much about math themselves. I'm certain that some people, especially the pyramid builders, were very good with math; most of what they knew burned with Alexandria. However, they were certainly not more advanced than we are today.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Trying to explain the unknown as the work of God is equally stupid as trying to explain it as the work of the human mind.
~ Myself

#5    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 12 March 2010 - 10:47 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Geoff Ward</strong>
Image credit: Geoff Ward
Geoff Ward: Stone Age people invented a form of clock that enabled them to tell the time of day, the seasons and even latitude, an author claims in remarkable new research.

And development of the device led to the mysterious Silbury Hill in Wiltshire becoming the prototype for pyramids in Egypt and around the world and also the basis of the English system of measures, says Peter Watts, a retired electrical engineer from Somerset, England.

After 15 years of study, Peter has concluded that Stone Age people were maths wizards thousands of years before the Ancient Greeks who are thought to have been the pioneers in geometry and trigonometry.

Posted Image View: Full Article

lol   look at the pic, how funny. self generated story.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#6    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

View Postpbarosso, on 25 March 2010 - 09:29 AM, said:

lol   look at the pic, how funny. self generated story.

Rofl. He looks like he's about to say;

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Hello and welcome to another episode of..."

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#7    Roybat

Roybat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have read many articles concerning Silbury Hill none of which mentions the important fact that it is built at Latitude 51.42º N which is exactly 1/7 of the Earth's circumference from the Equator. Read what you like into that.

Edited by Roybat, 06 July 2013 - 08:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users