Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

School.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1    ames2787

ames2787

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

• Member of The Skeptical Non-Believing Dark Goddesses of Uppity Annoyingness Most Likely to Con a National Newspaper with Fake Alien Pictures

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

Do people often skip school?

Do people have silly rules in their school, such as in D12's school theyd rather you skip the whole school than come in three minutes late!

I left school a year ago as the age for leaving high school in the UK is 16, but I'm in college til I'm 18.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Ames original.gif

Hehehe.

#2    MichaelS

MichaelS

The Coffee God

• 5,500 posts

• Coffee is the key to the Universe...

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:45 PM

I never skipped school.  I have an insatiable curiosity about things, so school was a good place for me to be. LOL

Posted Image
Happy Saint Patrick's Day- 14 March!

#3    ames2787

ames2787

Psychic Spy

• 1,988 posts

• Member of The Skeptical Non-Believing Dark Goddesses of Uppity Annoyingness Most Likely to Con a National Newspaper with Fake Alien Pictures

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

I "skipped" school once, because I couldn't sleep one night and I was absolutely shattered, so it wasn't really skipping cos I was technically ill.

Other than that in high school I had 100% attendance cos I don't really get ill at all.

I've had 100% at college too, excluding college trips.

By the way, sorry mods I put this in the wrong place, I think it should be moved to just general discussion! Sorry!

Ames original.gif

Hehehe.

#4    MichaelS

MichaelS

The Coffee God

• 5,500 posts

• Coffee is the key to the Universe...

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:49 PM

The only time I missed any school was for funerals in the family (between the age of 5 and 18 I'd been to 32 funerals sad.gif ).

Posted Image
Happy Saint Patrick's Day- 14 March!

#5    ames2787

ames2787

Psychic Spy

• 1,988 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

Yeh I've been to a lot of funerals too, it sucks.

It's cos I'm one of the youngest people in my family, most of the people are old, consequently I've never been to a wedding either sad.gif

Ames

Hehehe.

#6    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 07 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

The thought is, that after shutting down one thread for being overtly 'chatty', one would get a clue.  disgust.gif

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users