Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toddler served whisky at restaurant

Still Waters

A restaurant has apologised after a toddler was served whisky instead of fruit juice at his birthday party.

Sonny Rees drank the 40% proof whisky at his second birthday in a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother Nina Rees only realised the mistake after he had nearly finished the drink.

Sonny, from Pontarddulais in Swansea, was taken to accident and emergency where he was kept under observation by doctors.

The toddler is now recovering at home. The restaurant is investigating how the incident happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19906942

I'm sure he had a nice looooooooooooooooooooooong nap.

How could anyone confuse something like this?

• Like 1

Disgracefull, but I hope it was a good brand, not some Jap rubbish,ha ha.and I hope he has recovered .

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle, mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now without the milk

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 5

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now with out the milk

I'd rather use pressure points :D

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting!... No toddler should ever be given whiskey! They are much too young to appreciate it... A decent lager should be more than sufficient until they are at least 7 years old....

• Like 5

Bluh! I hate whiskey! My drink of choice is vodka. That kid's a natural drinker.

Polish "Bison" vodka beats any of your Russian brands,but you can't get it in U.K.

Absolutely disgusting!... No toddler should ever be given whiskey! They are much too young to appreciate it... A decent lager should be more than sufficient until they are at least 7 years old....

I would be furious with anyone who dared to give my kids alcohol at the age of seven..I would fear giving anyone's kid alcohol, in case it made them ill ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

You are 100% correct Beck's Mom, I would never give anyone under 18 alcohol,but when a mistake is made,like this was,you can only hope that the infant is O.K.

• Like 2

My mother in law used to put whiskey in Garys bottle, mixed in with the milk to help him sleep ....He prefers it now without the milk

My parents took us out to dinner every Thursday night from the time I can remember. It was during Happy Hour and when they brought the four drinks to the table they always shared with my sister and I. My drink of choice was a Singapore Sling at the age of about four. They had a nice quiet evening after we went to bed. :D

• Like 1

My parents took us out to dinner every Thursday night from the time I can remember. It was during Happy Hour and when they brought the four drinks to the table they always shared with my sister and I. My drink of choice was a Singapore Sling at the age of about four. They had a nice quiet evening after we went to bed. :D

What is a Singapore Sling?

What is a Singapore Sling?

It tastes like lemonade but it has gin in it. My drink nowdays is vodka. Ooh, that sounds good...I've got a bunch of lemons for fresh lemonade, add a little vodka and I'll be a happy camper. lol

• Like 1

It tastes like lemonade but it has gin in it. My drink nowdays is vodka. Ooh, that sounds good...I've got a bunch of lemons for fresh lemonade, add a little vodka and I'll be a happy camper. lol

I used to drink that with red bull..but then I got tired of it.... I prefer it with orange juice....I don't like it served with a heap of ice either.. it waters it down too much

Oh okay, the title confused me. I thought that the toddler 'served the whisky' not 'was served the whisky'. Big difference.

As an aside, I had a 10 year old girl serve me a Guinness in Ireland once. I thought that kind of thing was normal over there!

I would be furious with anyone who dared to give my kids alcohol at the age of seven..I would fear giving anyone's kid alcohol, in case it made them ill ..

I do hope you understood that to be a bit tongue in cheek... I would probably go totally ballistic on someone who did that to one of mine as well...

That being said...My grandfather used to rub Guinness on my gums when I was teething... I was a happy mellow child....

I do hope you understood that to be a bit tongue in cheek... I would probably go totally ballistic on someone who did that to one of mine as well...

That being said...My grandfather used to rub Guinness on my gums when I was teething... I was a happy mellow child....

• Like 3

Oh, sorry I didn't realise it was a bit of humour... Guinness on the gums? I never heard of that... So it works better than the regular teething gels? .. My 5 month old baby boy is teething...he goes nuts to put things into his mouth and the drooling is non stop...He goes through at least 4 bibs or so a day..

• Like 1

Oh, sorry I didn't realise it was a bit of humour... Guinness on the gums? I never heard of that... So it works better than the regular teething gels? .. My 5 month old baby boy is teething...he goes nuts to put things into his mouth and the drooling is non stop...He goes through at least 4 bibs or so a day..

In 1953 there weren't a lot of teething gels....

edit: what the heck is up with the double posting on my last entry?....

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2

Poor baby had his 1st hang over at 2 LOL

Already getting him prepared for college...

(joke warning)...

Edited by Taun

In 1953 there weren't a lot of teething gels....

I see lol...Well if it did the trick...

Already getting him prepared for college...

(joke warning)...

I feel bad for not realizing your humour from a previous post.....You do not need to do post up joke warning... It was my fault for not understanding... Besides, an lol is easier :P

edit: what the heck is up with the double posting on my last entry?....

Your post was that good it did it twice lol

• Like 1

I'm surprised the kid even drank that much, whisky is an aquired taste, especially at that age.

A lot of drinkers just throw it down their necks. Old dockers, old soldiers, infants etc.

Gawd, if it would have mad my son sleep, I'd have been grateful.