Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who's Sorry Now?

Stellar

http://www.billoreilly.com/currentarticle?...#33;-1549211406

Who's Sorry Now? 

By: Bill O'Reilly for BillOReilly.com

Thursday, Jul 22, 2004 

At this point, we have four independent sources that say there was no lying by President Bush and British Prime Minister Blair regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The 9/11 Commission, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler's British investigation and Vladimir Putin have all stated that the WMD intelligence was faulty, but the politicians did nothing untoward.

So what should be done with the people who accused Bush and Blair of intentionally lying to bring war to the world? Have you heard any of these folks apologize for their slander? I haven't.

And let's take the issue one step further. As you know, the 9/11 Commission report criticizes both President Bush and Bill Clinton for failing to act on the Al Qaeda danger. That's what the Richard Clarke controversy was all about. The former White House terrorism advisor ran wild in the media, suggesting that Bush ignored him. Being a partisan, Clarke played down the fact that Clinton also failed to act on his advice to actively engage Bin Laden, but the 9/11 Commission filled in that blank.

For the sake of argument, can you imagine if President Bush had ignored the CIA's assertion that Saddam had anthrax and other deadly substances? Can you just picture what would have happened if Al Qaeda attacked America with deadly weapons acquired from Baghdad, and Bush had rejected intelligence reports about WMD's? My God! President Bush would have gone down in history as the biggest incompetent of all time.

So based on intelligence, Bush had to confront Saddam, and tried to work within the framework of the United Nations to do it. But it was obvious the U.N. was going to procrastinate as long as possible, just as it is doing now in the Sudan. While thousands of innocent people die every week at the hands of the brutal Khartoum regime, U.N. diplomats sit there and eat lunch.

What would you have done if you were Bush? You are told by U.S. and British intelligence that a brutal dictator had WMD's. That dictator had funded and supported terrorism all over the Middle East. Known terrorists, including Bin Laden pal al-Zarqawi, were living inside Iraq. And you sit there while Hans Blix runs around the desert? Come on. President Bush could have delayed the action and planned better for the aftermath but, ultimately, he had to act.

Every time I hear some extremist rant about Presidential "lies," I get furious. These people are putting all of us in danger. Many far-left websites are simply out of control, spewing forth deceit and allegations that have no basis in fact whatsoever. Unfortunately, these people now have sympathy in the mainstream press, and can get their libel widely distributed. Let me give you one example from personal experience.

In my analysis of the attack on September 11th, I tried to bring all voices to the table. Thus, I gave airtime to a young man who lost his father at the World Trade Center. This guy said on my TV program that President Bush and his father were responsible for the three thousand deaths, and that his own father had "allegedly" been murdered by Al Qaeda. The guy went on to imply that America was the true terrorist nation.

The man had no evidence to back up his claims, and was dismissed by me in a not very gentle way. I would have given it to him worse, if not for his widowed mother, and I said that to him on the air. The guy was, and is, a disgrace.

But not to the far left--to them, he's a hero. And these people have used this guy time and time again as an example of someone persecuted by "conservatives."

It is all so dishonest and disheartening. The ultra left fanatics will pretty much say and do anything to destroy those with whom they disagree. These people are hurting all Americans by obstructing the true terrorist danger we are facing today.

The lesson here is simple. Bush and Blair did not lie. And it far past time that clear thinking Americans begin holding the true liars accountable. Our lives may depend on it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Babs

• Stellar

• snuffypuffer

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Sorry Now? 

Not me, I always said WMD are burried in the desert somwhere. tongue.gif

It is all so dishonest and disheartening. The ultra left fanatics will pretty much say and do anything to destroy those with whom they disagree. These people are hurting all Americans by obstructing the true terrorist danger we are facing today.

And the far right do the exact same thing, whats your point rolleyes.gif

btw, who the h*ll is Bill O'Reilly anyway? huh.gif

So it's all the liberals' fault? Maybe if conservatives weren't such self righteous pricks....but I'm getting off on a rant here. If you ask me, one side is as bad as the other.

You know, the Bush family and the Bin Laden family just happen to be business partners, that little fact just seems to kinda fall through the cracks, doesn't it?

Maybe if conservatives weren't such self righteous pricks

laugh.gif

And the far right do the exact same thing, whats your point rolleyes.gif

btw, who the h*ll is Bill O'Reilly anyway? huh.gif

I dont have a point. I just thought I'd post this for the hell of it.

You know, the Bush family and the Bin Laden family just happen to be business partners, that little fact just seems to kinda fall through the cracks, doesn't it?

What does that fact prove? Really? If it truely wasnt Bin Ladens fault... then they wouldnt have blamed it wrongly on Bin Ladens family and hurting their business...

And the far right do the exact same thing, whats your point 

btw, who the h*ll is Bill O'Reilly anyway? 

I dont have a point. I just thought I'd post this for the hell of it.

I didn't mean yours, I meant Bill O'Reilly's point. He wrote it after all. tongue.gif

The name is so familar, just can't place it huh.gif

What does that fact prove? Really? If it truely wasnt Bin Ladens fault... then they wouldnt have blamed it wrongly on Bin Ladens family and hurting their business...

What are you talking about? huh.gif Of coarse Bin Liner had something to do with 9/11 thats why their after him.

But yeah Snuffypuffer, its the one little peace of info the Bush's want to forget grin2.gif , likewise they want to ignore the fact that his grandfather was apparently a funder of the Nazi Party up until 1942. laugh.gif

I was under the impression that snuffy was trying to imply that it was the US who was behind 9/11

I was under the impression that snuffy was trying to imply that it was the US who was behind 9/11

No, tongue.gif I think he was just pointing out that in their blaming Liberalism for everything nack in the country and people not supporting wars etc, their ignoring thats its the Republicans who have a leader who's family used t be friends with Osma's family. Actually since Osma's family say they do not support theor son's actions (their buisness wouldn't benifit from it) they might still be friends huh.gif

Thank you, Stellar!...thanks for posting that. How true and how sad it is that liberal leftists are endangering our country with their insidious hype. The leftists take our focus away from the terrorists and their threats and put our entire country in danger. All of their criticism puts out a distraction for us and the terrorists work with that to their advantage. And do you think the left cares? Hell, no! As long as they get their a*s in power, nothing makes any difference.

That's why, we on the right, think that that the left are unpatriotic. And, Talon, O' Reilly is an anchor on Fox news. The right news. wink2.gif

What strikes me the most is that this guy has at least one thing right. What would those people say if suddenly Al Qaida attacked with a WMD they got from Saddam? You can sure bet that they'd blame Bush for not invading... just like that blame Bush for not stopping 9/11

Hell, no! As long as they get their a*s in power, nothing makes any difference.

You should know that thats ultimately the goal of all ideologies, not just the left huh.gif

That's why, we on the right, think that that the left are unpatriotic.

You can argue that as much as you want, but I'm left and I'm pro-Scottish, pro-Welsh, pro-Irish, pro-Celtic, pro-European and my posts don't shy away from that rolleyes.gif Leftwing it an economic wish to make people financially equal, nothing to do with patrotism... although we do tend to be more pro-multinational and talk about our comrades in other nations, and a united working-class as opposed to united all classes of one nation. huh.gif oh well, whatever.

And, Talon, O' Reilly is an anchor on Fox news.

Hence why I have no idea who he is tongue.gif

just like that blame Bush for not stopping 9/11

I think its more of the relaxed attitude to terrorists etc they blame Bush for rather than the attack itself. I mean, in the security film you see one of them walking around the metal dectectors and security don't care. Knives were allowed on planes etc huh.gif Now as much as many Presidents had the same failing, they weren't in power when it happened tongue.gif

What would those people say if suddenly Al Qaida attacked with a WMD they got from Saddam?

As much as Saddam had WMD, he wouldn't have given them to Al Qaida, cause Osma hated him and though he was corupted by Western influences. tongue.gif I think Al Qaida actually had a death warrant out on him. huh.gif

And as for if WMD had been found, of course he'd be praised, but they didn't find them tongue.gif . When thinks go wrong people don't care about what ifs, at the moment all they care about is 'UN told you so'. Its a fact of life, and the penalty of being a world leader - make one screw up, particularily if people are dying over it, and the people will come down on you like a ton of bricks. tongue.gif

How true and how sad it is that liberal leftists are endangering our country with their insidious hype. The leftists take our focus away from the terrorists and their threats and put our entire country in danger.

I don't think that liberals are anywhere near as bad as the terrorists, being that you never hear of Al Franken or Michael Moore kidnapping and beheading people. What they do is lead us to question what our government is doing, and calling them out when caught in a lie, (or just plain going with faulty intelligence, whatever the case may be) Do I totally agree with them? NO, of course not, but calling them un-American simply because they question the policies of the administration in power just leads me to believe that the powers that be have no real answers to the questions being asked, nor any will to answer to them.

You can still be patriotic and think for yourself, the right doesn't seem to want you to do that. Conservatives seem to be saying, if you question things, then you hate America. Be a good boy and just do what you're told. Personally, I think that's wrong.

Stellar...You are absolutely right...the poor man 'can't' win. And as far as O'Reilly is concerned, Talon, you should broaden your horizons.

Talon wrote:

I think it's more of the relaxed attitude to terrorists they blame Bush for rather than the attack itself.

Talon, you sit there, across the pond, talking like you 'know' what's going on over here, and you've probably never even been to the US. blink.gif Hey, I've been to England... but I sure don't sit here, telling you what's going on over there.

As much as Saddam had WMD, he wouldn't have given them to Al Qaida, cause Osma hated him...I think Al Qaida actually had a death warrant out on him.

How do you know Osama hated Saddam, Talon....did you ask him? rolleyes.gif And you _"think"_ Al Qaida had a death warrant???

It's a fact of life, and the penalty for being a world leader - make one screw up, particularily if people are dying over it, and the people come down on you like a ton of bricks.

That's the first sensible thing you've said. tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Edited by Babs

Babs... try not to be so aggressive

Sorry, I didn't know I was being aggressive. original.gif

It's well known enough that Al-Qaida and the Baath Party weren't exactly friendly with each other. There are two completely different views there. It's easy to lump the Middle-East into Muslims and Jews; but let's face it; in reality there's a thousand different factions within that range. And not all of them get along well enough to work together..

And what about what Snuffy said? Why shouldn't we question our President or our Government? That's what America was founded on. We were people who would only take so much crap from our Leaders before we booted them. Somewhere along the line that's started to fade. I think it's high time it made a comeback..

Talon, you sit there, across the pond, talking like you 'know' what's going on over here, and you've probably never even been to the US.  Hey, I've been to England... but I sure don't sit here, telling you what's going on over there.

huh.gif What the hell does England have to do with anything? Where did they come into it? If someone from England decides to post we’ll discuss their security then.

As for knowing that security is was lax, we have over news papers. They tell us about news from all over the world. Like it or not in the western world media is so widespread that someone on the other side of the planet can know exactly what’s happening in another country.

The tape shows terrorists just walking by the metal detector, simply because you don’t like that, doesn’t make it not true. tongue.gif

How do you know Osama hated Saddam, Talon....did you ask him?  And you _'think'_ Al Qaida had a death warrant???

Again, newspapers. Saddam hated terrorists cause they were a threat to his power, the terrorists hated him because he wasn’t a religious nuttier. I ask you, why is it if I say something you say ‘how do you know this’ etc, yet do not ask a similar question to your own views.

That's the first sensible thing you've said.

Babs if you want people’s respect you have to learn to post without being obnoxious. Saying this is obviously implies you believe my argument is not sensible, showing a complete lack of respect. Look at the posts of a claim person like myself and you will notice I say thinks like 'I'm not to sure' or 'I disagree' or ' I think that', the closest I come to being obnoxious is 'You can argue all you want but..' however I back this up with a paragraphed example this disproves what the other person said, therefore not being so. I certainly would never come out and say the other persons argument is nonsense, even if that’s what I'm thinking. You show fellow members with courtesy and respect at all times.

I mean, Steller and I don’t agree on every view but even he’s noticing that we’re having a civil argument and then your posting with an obvious hostility. You need to calm down (they say counting it 10 helps) and remember this isn't going to decide world politics, its a bunch of people who have no control over the system discussing issues and simply because you hold different views does not mean yours are better than theirs.

Edited by Talon S.

Babs, sound familiar?

"Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

laugh.gifgrin2.gif HYPOCRIT! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! grin2.giflaugh.gif

Take it easy there... thumbsup.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

You read newspapers?...and you think you know what's going on here more than an American?! huh.gif

LOL, you talk about England and Britain so much I thought you were there; I forgot you and seraphina were from Scotland. Sorry, made a mistake.

I disagree with you, that our views don't make a difference. They do. And people listen. I will take into consideration what you are saying about how I am perceived. I hope that it is how I am perceived rather than you 'not' agreeing with my politics.

And monkyburd....?

Edited by Babs

But yeah Snuffypuffer, its the one little peace of info the Bush's want to forget  , likewise they want to ignore the fact that his grandfather was apparently a funder of the Nazi Party up until 1942.

Geeeeez, so I am my brother? The midguidance and evil deeds of my Grandfather define who I am? My family is responsible for MY actions? The Ben Lauden Family didn't blow up the WTC. One evil member of that family did. Oh but since you are so fair and unprejudiced ........... you are saying here that one man's actions make everyone in his family equally guilty....such garbage. disgust.gif

Talon...the difference between the far left and the far right? None. But you are making the mistake of labeling me and my president as the far right. The far right were the Nazis. Poland wasn't a gathering and grave threat to Germany. They were on Hitlers agenda for World Domination. Bush doesn't want to dominate the world...he just wants to prevent another 9/11 from happening.

If you can compare Bush with Hitler and think it makes since...then you are intellectually bankrupt! ..and I don't believe that you are.... so get on the Reality Train....the tickets aren't free..they require a bit of work and common sense. tongue.gif

That's why, we on the right, think that that the left are unpatriotic. And, Talon, O' Reilly is an anchor on Fox news. The right news. 

LOL you know i watch Fox news all the time, surprise we get it here.

Its the single most BIASED news station on the planet it makes Al Jazeera look balanced lol.

The fox and Friends programme is hilarious. they are the most poorly educated news panel on the planet.

They are completley racist towards the french.

Oh an they are the perfect puppet for bush. COnstant terrorism this terrorism that. Its a big deal ok but there are other issues in your country.

You cant just abandon civilisation.

BTW

Just because your left wing and question a right wing government does not mean your unpatriotic.

BAbs you consistently ask How do You know that?? SImple answer is We read and learn.

As talon says the question could be turned around to you.

For every post like this one started there are 10 debunking the war and its intelligence.

Thats in my country alone.

gathering and grave threat to

I like this.

This phrase says it all.

I mean theyve re-written history.

Apparently Iraq was a gathering and grave threat. They must be able to gather stuff pretty quickly i thought it was 45 minutes.

You know you are unconsciously admitting that we were lied to you just cant see it lol.

You read newspapers?...and you think you know what's going on here more than an American?! 

huh.gif ... Sure why not, tongue.gif I actively read world events, tons of people out there (including many Americans) probably don't care about politics. Plus as wunarmdscissor says some of your media is extremely bias, at least I'm looking at it from a perspective outside the country and am getting Media from Scotland, US and England.

Geeeeez, so I am my brother? The midguidance and evil deeds of my Grandfather define who I am? My family is responsible for MY actions? The Ben Lauden Family didn't blow up the WTC. One evil member of that family did.

Indeed, I do beleive I said it was bad for their business to do so huh.gif

Oh but since you are so fair and unprejudiced ........... you are saying here that one man's actions make everyone in his family equally guilty....such garbage.

Please Joc, were did I say that, don't exagerate what other people say. I am indeed correct when I point out its a little peace of history that the family don't mention (and I'm not surprised grin2.gif ). But if you can find the bit were I say Bush Jr should be brought to a war crimes tribuneral or whatever I will conceed to you being right.

Talon...the difference between the far left and the far right? None. But you are making the mistake of labeling me and my president as the far right. The far right were the Nazis. Poland wasn't a gathering and grave threat to Germany. They were on Hitlers agenda for World Domination. Bush doesn't want to dominate the world...he just wants to prevent another 9/11 from happening.

Again your making stuff up, I never said you were far-right (in fact I don't think I even said Bush was far-rigt, just insane huh.gif ), and I don't recall saying Bush planned to conquer the world. It is possible I'e forgotten something I said, where are you reading this from? huh.gif

And if the left and right are the same, why do politicians distinguish them at all rolleyes.gif

If you can compare Bush with Hitler and think it makes since...then you are intellectually bankrupt! ..and I don't believe that you are.... so get on the Reality Train....the tickets aren't free..they require a bit of work and common sense.

Then reverting to insults, huh.gif Joc I really thought you were above that, tongue.gif but I guess not huh.gif

LOL, you talk about England and Britain so much I thought you were there; I forgot you and seraphina were from Scotland. Sorry, made a mistake.

Once again I have to teach people geography. rolleyes.gif

Okay people listen hard. Britain and England - not the same.

Scotland is a member (much to my dislike) of this thing called the UK, as are a few other countries. The UK is often called Britain.

Its much like Florida is a member of this thing called the US, as are a few other states.

England also happens to be a member of the UK. Also, states like New York and Calofornia are members of the US.

Does this make England, a single member, the same as Britain, the whole entity? huh.gif Well only if New York or Washington or somesuch make up the entire entity of the US.

so get on the Reality Train....the tickets aren't free..they require a bit of work and common sense. tongue.gif

If that is the case there are several here that couldn't afford passage in the luggage car and others here are barely hanging onto the cow-catcher as the train goes speeding by...

I can't find a smilie that rolls its' eyes violently enough, so please use you imagination on giving this one a more ironic expression as it rolls its eyes. Thank You.

rolleyes.gif

I mean theyve re-written history.

I have to say this again. I hope that I am not out of line by posting this but I hope that I can point out to some of the younger folks here the parallels between the bush administration and one of my favorite books: 1984. I am not a conspiricy nut, but I have to say that the similarities are scary...

Here is a brief synopsis from amazon.com:

The year is 1984; the scene is London, largest population center of Airstrip One.

Airstrip One is part of the vast political entity Oceania, which is eternally at war with one of two other vast entities, Eurasia and Eastasia. At any moment, depending upon current alignments, all existing records show either that Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia and allied with Eastasia, or that it has always been at war with Eastasia and allied with Eurasia. Winston Smith knows this, because his work at the Ministry of Truth involves the constant "correction" of such records. "'Who controls the past,' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"

In a grim city and a terrifying country, where Big Brother is always Watching You and the Thought Police can practically read your mind, Winston is a man in grave danger for the simple reason that his memory still functions. He knows the Party's official image of the world is a fluid fiction. He knows the Party controls the people by feeding them lies and narrowing their imaginations through a process of bewilderment and brutalization that alienates each individual from his fellows and deprives him of every liberating human pursuit from reasoned inquiry to sexual passion.