Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#121    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

And the United States claims to be a beacon of democracy to the world. :santa:

I'm not responsible for that. We are a republic, not a democracy.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#122    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

So what are you moaning about?

Who's moaning? I just stated facts about how the US elects our President. The losing side is never happy about losing. Why would they be?

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#123    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

that made me go back and like MacGuf's post.  :su

That figures. :yes: You strike me as a bigot.

#124    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

They do not decide by popular vote when it's a Republican. When it's a Dem, though, unless 100% of the electorate vote for them, then it's unfair and they're going to stomp off and not play any more.

Perhaps you need to look up the Electoral College System. It appears you do not understand it.

#125    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,395 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

They do not decide by popular vote when it's a Republican. When it's a Dem, though, unless 100% of the electorate vote for them, then it's unfair and they're going to stomp off and not play any more.

I'm tired of playing with y'all. Have a nice day.

#126    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,244 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 November 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Who's moaning? I just stated facts about how the US elects our President. The losing side is never happy about losing. Why would they be?

Yeh, but to put their soreness about loosing (cause believe me I am sore that the third parties could not get at least 5%) ahead of the good of the country by retiring into the sulking corner sure does not denote adulthood.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#127    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,711 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 November 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

http://www.dallasnew...se-response.ece

Texas has asked to secede before ,or has dalied with the notion .
This request actually came from governor Rick Perry ,and this is the moron who lost to Obama last time.
Sour grapes .
(Yes I know he didnt run against him,but he was the candidate that was the comic relief of the last election)
These idiots do realize they will now all need passports ,to go into other states if they do this..
I think its time for Obama to tighten immigration laws,and see how they like it,if they need a visa to visit relatives in other states .
Morons .

Simbi, I usually agree with you on many things, but this time, I can't. It is their choice, if they wish to follow this path, they should be able to. We should not judge them for it (they may actually be making a smart move, as we as a nation approach the fiscal cliff). Rick Perry has actually done a decent job as governor for the state, regardless of his presidential bid, much like Romney has also done a decent job in Massachusetts as well.

Edited by WoIverine, 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#128    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 14 November 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

I would be happy to let Texas and the other Confederate States go, then we can finally be free of them and make the United States what it should have been all along, without them always holding the rest of us back and trying to regress into the 19th Century.
Excuse me? Can we not use the term 'Confederate States'? First, it no longer exists, second, they were whining about 'states rights' while just wanting to keep slaves (while today it's a minority of political whiners because their guy didn't win~), third, it's generalizing an entire part of US as grey coat wearing, bigoted racists, which I can assure you the VAST majority of Southerners are not, by any stretch of the word 'racist'. Does the South have a large population of people who are racist? Perhaps, I don't have numbers on hand but I'd believe it. But is that the majority of Southerners? God no! This idea of Southerners being bigots, Bible Thumpers, and oil barons may be true about SOME of the people, but you have generalized the entire area as a massive quarantine zone. I do see how much the First Amendment means to people like them, if people do not fall in line with their way of thinking, they're wrong, but I sense the very same interpretation coming from you MacGuffin. The South is as varied of opinion as the North, just because someone shouts louder or their temper tantrum is given more news coverage does not make that true for everyone.

Edited by Hasina, 14 November 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#129    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Also, I would like to add. The STATES have said nothing on secession. It is a MINORITY of POLITICAL SORE LOSERS who can't bite the bullet and accept that more people think the same then they do. Kindly stop thinking these states are going to, want to, or should be forced to leave the Union. Heck, even the whiners shouldn't be forced to leave. Why? Free flippin' speech. But I prefer my free speech with as much truth as possible. What about y'all?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#130    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,291 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hi Fella's ,why is Texas getting grumpy,because you have the first ever coloured President ?,he is the top of the tree but dont forget that the Republicans control the Senate, so his hands are pretty well tied,whatever bill he tries to get passed.I think perhaps someone should take a good look at his "advisors", who just maybe trying to push him along to their way of thinking, perhaps he is being manipulated.The problem is He cannot run America on his own , that would be Dictatorship,and he isnt that by any means.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#131    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,824 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Actually I was thinking that Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and British Columbia would make a nice independant country.  I'd sign that petitiion. Big sign at the border reading 'Californians keep out!'

#132    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,824 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hi Fella's ,why is Texas getting grumpy,because you have the first ever coloured President ?,he is the top of the tree but dont forget that the Republicans control the Senate, so his hands are pretty well tied,whatever bill he tries to get passed.I think perhaps someone should take a good look at his "advisors", who just maybe trying to push him along to their way of thinking, perhaps he is being manipulated.The problem is He cannot run America on his own , that would be Dictatorship,and he isnt that by any means.
umm...spud in the USA coloured would be an offensive way to describe the president.(or anyone else)

Edited by OverSword, 14 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#133    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were written by Southerners. The Contential Army was commanded by a Southerner. Without the south the US wouldn't be the country it is today. So if you are saying that the US should have been an English colony all along I guess you are correct. I'm not sure most Americans feel that way.

This is incorrect, as whether one uses the date 1776 (Declaration of Independence) or 1788 (US Constitution) there were no "Southerners". That distinction didn't come about until around 80 years later. As to the US Constitution, Gouverneur Morris actually penned much of it and he was from New York which was never part of the 'South'.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#134    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,422 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostBama13, on 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

That figures. :yes: You strike me as a bigot.
funny that, you strike me as a bit of a
Spoiler
  :clap:

Edited by 747400, 14 November 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#135    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,244 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Post747400, on 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

funny that, you strike me as a bit of an ****. :clap:

now, now...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users