Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

It probably was your mother. Good job with facing your shadow in the mirror. You performed admirably with just letting it role off of you. Mirrors and altered states are tricky, but part of the reason it went that way is because you were expecting it to.

Don't worry about control. Just be glad you were not bouncing around the room. Walls, flight, and thought forms all in good time. I still mess up on all of those things if my head is not on straight.

Nice job!!! Like I tell a lot of people sometimes the idea just has to ferment in the mind for a few years.

Yes well said Seeker. I would like to add that when we are projected, our perception and awareness level (and any core belief systems) will shape our experience, and how we interpret things. Just because you tried to pass your hand through the wall and tried to fly, but couldn't, doesn't mean you were not experiencing a projection. You were, but what it means is your perception (your looking glass) and awareness (level of consciousness/comprehension) was connected to what sounds like your 3d consciousness. Dimensions have rules, and each dimension differs, we all automatically understand the rules of the physical level obviously, but to pass through walls and fly etc etc, we need to be at least connected to 4d and up.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

ETA - connect to is the wrong way to put it, you are there automatically in sleep/dream/astral/meditation level, but it is at the level you are perceiving at, and your awareness level that needs to sync to the right level. If your psyche can't properly comprehend the dimension/level you are at, it will downgrade your perceptions to fit what you can comprehend. Hence why ego thinking and ego awareness is limiting, and can never see the full potential, truth or clarity. It relys on belief systems and biased constructs to fill in the gaps, so you are always left with a 50/50 mixed picture of delusion and truth. Your mind has to acept the rules of the dimensions first before it will be ok with letting you proceed beyond 3d thinking and relating.

But you have done great :tu:

• Like 1

I get what you mean, our minds influence the AP experience a lot, i think the tricky part of having a full AP is actually being able to tell the real parts from your minds influence, there were more differences in my experience from my normal house, but i tried to keep the story somewhat short seeing as it was getting pretty long already, another time this happened it was a very short experience, but the only difference was i went outside and it was summer (even though here in norway its snowing now)

It never stops to amaze me now, the way it feels so real, i had no idea it would actually be hard to tell it apart from actually being awake like that

Also, thanks seeker, the mirror thing can be really uncomfortable, its not the first time ive looked into one like that though, i can never seem to resist, im way too curious for these things :P and id really like to be able to go somewhere outside my house, whenever this happens now the first thought i get is i wanna actually go somewhere and see something i probably never could otherwise

Im about to go to bed though, if it happens again il keep you updated, ive sort of missed hanging out in this topic

I get what you mean, our minds influence the AP experience a lot, i think the tricky part of having a full AP is actually being able to tell the real parts from your minds influence, there were more differences in my experience from my normal house, but i tried to keep the story somewhat short seeing as it was getting pretty long already, another time this happened it was a very short experience, but the only difference was i went outside and it was summer (even though here in norway its snowing now)

It never stops to amaze me now, the way it feels so real, i had no idea it would actually be hard to tell it apart from actually being awake like that

Also, thanks seeker, the mirror thing can be really uncomfortable, its not the first time ive looked into one like that though, i can never seem to resist, im way too curious for these things :P and id really like to be able to go somewhere outside my house, whenever this happens now the first thought i get is i wanna actually go somewhere and see something i probably never could otherwise

Im about to go to bed though, if it happens again il keep you updated, ive sort of missed hanging out in this topic

Curiosity is good, no need to rush things. Remember you are not sensing your environment with your biological senses, you are only accustomed to interpreting with them. Things will be different because you are translating pure awareness into representations of biological awareness ( sight, touch, sound....etc). It will take some time to train yourself not to take what you see as literal but merely a representation of deeper truth. Evenchually you want to carry this over to non altered every day life. When you start to realize that a single tree is this emense multidimentional being you will be blown away by every piece of life you see...

Ok enough fluffiness I'm on a runners high right now. :D

Edited by Seeker79

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm really interested in astral travelling I already all my life have been having intense dreams and feelings whilst asleep I jut have a few questions before I try!

Is it dangerous to astral travel every night or should you only do it say a couple of nights a week?

As I have a wary fear of bad spirits or evil entity's will my fear encourage these sort of spirits whilst I'm astral travelling?

Thanks

Hey I'm really interested in astral travelling I already all my life have been having intense dreams and feelings whilst asleep I jut have a few questions before I try!

Is it dangerous to astral travel every night or should you only do it say a couple of nights a week?

As I have a wary fear of bad spirits or evil entity's will my fear encourage these sort of spirits whilst I'm astral travelling?

Thanks

Depending on your methods projecting every night will mess with your sleep cycle and I would. It recommend it.

Yes your fear will bring disturbing encounters. The best thing is just to do it anyway and learn to get over your fears. The only way to eliminate the problem is head on.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I hope Ziggy Stardust will read and respond to this tho it seems to have been a few years...

But I'm very much interested in AP. I can't recall anything specific if I actually had as a child-tho I do remember a few dreams that are very vivid. One, when I was between 5 and 9, my grandmother lived just down the street from me where I could walk to her house. In my dream I was at her house, watching Tv with her like normal when I went out side. It was dark out and there was a big bright moon! I looked down the street and saw my mom walking with books in her arms like she was comming from school. I screamed at her, calling "Mom!" to her over and over. She never looked or acknowledged she heard me. Then I heard a loud roaring sound....it made me think of something evil or a monster that was mad at me yelling. I shook, the image in my dream shook like a video camera. I jolted me open and I assumed to be having a nightmare (maybe was) but I never forgot that dream.

One other dream which was even weirder to me.....I told my dad about it in which he claimed he had similar dreams but only when he was going through...more or less a negative time in his life-and he took it as a sign of saying "Getting your act together NOW!"

In this dream What I remember is walking back to my room (I dont recall thinking anything but like I was tired..maybe on a journey or something but was just walking down the hallway to my room-this was when I was in high school-and different place, parents divorce-big change from the prior dream I explained)

As I'm walking I have this sense to turn around, or that something or someone was following me. I dont recall if I knew I was dreaming or thought I was awake-But when I turned it was like I suddenly paralyzed! I fell on my back in the floor, just outside my room in the hallway. I saw this green light skelaton face...It scared me, and I was scared but I couldn't move at all. I was scared not just from seeing this things but the fact I was unable to move-afraid what it might do and not being able to protect myself. The mouth of this face slowly moved up and down....I dont remember exactly but I heard a question. Its was males voice or a low deep voice. It said one of two things-"Who are you" or "What are you doing here" I honestly dont remember which because I wasn't concentrating on the voice I was concentrating to break free. I tried to raise my head to scream at it....I still couldn't move. I began trying to scream out "Help!" fighting with every being I could. I never had this sensation before-i just kept fighting as hard as I could trying to yell for help. All this face thing did was ask that one quetion then hovered in front of me as if waiting on an answer. When I finally broke free-I was raising up in my bed, not screaming, but I mouthed the word "help." It was like a very VERY soft whisper. As I sat there in the bed, I just turned to look at my door where I thought I just was. I told myself it was a dream then layed back down.

I was so groggy-yet I kept trying to think how was I not able to move like that? I didn't understand it cause I had never experienced that.

Ever since I started reading about AP I wonder if it that last one was an OBE of some sort? If I had just finished traveling and was making my way back to my body or something? Tho I do not recall seeing a chord of any kind. At the same time I was thinking anything like that. I had one focus and it was "going to my room"

so....any comments? Was it just a dream?

I dont mean to make this too long but I do have something else. When I first started trying to AP after reading about it it seemed it wasn't working. I also have this dear-after reading about how there are so many beings, spirits, ghosts, etc I'm just afraid that as soon as I leave my body I'll see something...like smething will be waiting for me to attack me. Not my physical body, but my astral self. One night I tried not to think about it (even tho I had just read several stories talking about seeing dark shadows lurking around) I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself I am protected by a white light, my gaurdians-anything to calm my nervs. Even imaging a white light filling me up and covering my completely and putting a sheild around me. I layed there-tired. I soon had this vibration...then followed by loud whistle sound like a train and harder vibration. I began thinking I might be doing it because I had read sometimes this is what you feel or expereince when you being to AP. But when I did, i felt a jolt and woke up. I tried it again, just closing my eyes and relaxing. Then I heard voices while my eyes were closed. ALmost as if they were glued shut for a moment. I just listened. I couldn't make out what was being said but I heard at least two, a male and female. Maybe more. The sounded like they were right over my right ear....as if whispering about me and waiting. I tried to make out what was being said, hoping if i heard something not threatening I wouldsuccumb to it more. I think I heard something like "She's here" or "Is that her?" when I heard the male voice it freaked me out....and I woke up. For some reason...I only want to hear female-if I hear a male I think that I'm going to try to be harmed.

I tried it again. I knew I was close but then I couldn't. so I just rolled over and went to sleep.

When I woke (or thought I woke) I didnt open my eyes, but had this strange feeling. I was on the wrong side of my bed where I had books. But I didn't feel the books. I felt as if I was laying beside another body but in MY room on MY bed....Then I had a thought "Am I finally AP?" As soon as I thought it, faster then a snap, I felt as if I slid back over and went into a body, only to wake and open my 'physical' eyes. I then thought I had done it, that my AP self was laying next to my physical self, and when I thought about it it slid me back into one. Since then I have not experienced anything close....that was over 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Hi,

Welcome to UM. :)

I think this was far more than a Dream..

Try this thread.. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629

The Above thread is more current..

This one is nightmareishly long..

• 2 weeks later...

Its very normal to hear loud noises, voices and especially feel the vibrations at the point your body is falling asleep, its the key moment to astral projecting because your body is in such a relaxed state, its also commonly known that strong emotions such as fear or even excitement can jolt you right back before you know whats going on, the trick seems to be to clear your mind so you wont be distracted, it usually requires a good deal of concentration.

Its interesting how you say you felt like you had problems moving when you were having that "nightmare", ive noticed that in dreams and even in astral projection, if you fear something it will make it seem like your moving in slow motion or not at all, and of course, the more you cant move the more you panic and the more you panic the less you can move.. so again with all this i think the key is to know whats going on and being able to clear your mind of strong emotions (easier said then done), but i definitely think theres more going on there then just a dream.

Also im gonna check out that other topic, but i wanted to reply to this before going to bed, it was kinda interesting to me because i have similar things happen to me

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating

- Sinking

- Vibrations

- A bright white/blue light

- A rushing or popping sound

- Strange noises; someone calling your name

- A jolt

You say you may experience a Sinking feeling. When i was sick a couple of days ago i was trying to Astral Project in my Bed. I felt very very light almost like my Bed was sinking and i was getting deeper and deeper in it. However i am not sure if that was me about to Astral Project or just the common cold doing a number on my body.

you called it astral travel? lmao. i called it void of dimension. i love those portal guardians. i prefer traveling through with the portal guardian is much safer. those beings of the dimension is real actually. only that in normal life of a human, some of our brain part will locked the ability to see through deeply the surroundings for both dimension safety.

you called it astral travel? lmao. i called it void of dimension. i love those portal guardians. i prefer traveling through with the portal guardian is much safer. those beings of the dimension is real actually. only that in normal life of a human, some of our brain part will locked the ability to see through deeply the surroundings for both dimension safety.

Tell me more of this 'Portal Guardians" :sk

Tell me more of this 'Portal Guardians" :sk

The guardian is a challenger. It tests you to see if you have the fortitude to stand on your own feet.

I have stoped using that term as I am not totally convinced this is the nature of what is happening.

hmm, I've never fully AP so Iwouldn't know, Ive just had close encounters I guess. Where can I look up online more about this and hear stories from people?

The guardian is a challenger. It tests you to see if you have the fortitude to stand on your own feet.

I have stoped using that term as I am not totally convinced this is the nature of what is happening.

Ive never heard of this portal guardian thing, what exactly are you guys talking about?

Ive heard of people having guardians in the astral realm, but the way you talk about it makes it sound like a different thing, or am i just misunderstanding?

Ive never heard of this portal guardian thing, what exactly are you guys talking about?

Ive heard of people having guardians in the astral realm, but the way you talk about it makes it sound like a different thing, or am i just misunderstanding?

The guardian is a tester. It tests if you have the balls to defeat it. You cannot possibly get along in a reality of thought if you don't have some internal fortitude. It's a good thing. Go watch the movie "abyss". After all these years I'm not sure it's an actual entity anymore....more akin to a jungian shadow. If you don't know what I mean start reading, googling, and then meditating to see for yourself. Just don't believe the demon crap. That is surely all bogus.

Okay I've got something creepy about this...

Ilooked it up (cause ive never heard of this before either) and found an article about Guardian of threshold? Anyways-there wassomething basically describing saying the guardian will not let a 'student' pass until you are able to transform the vision of the guardians-and its to protect you.

So everytime Ive tried to AP Ive had either hearing or 'thinking' Im seeing something. For the past couple weeks I would see a face, as if its trying to look mean, or trying to scare. In a way it did but I would try to make it look different. Sometimes I would and sometimes not at all.

To make a long story short-I began meditating or try to over this for sometime and everytime I did, Iwould always feel...without being told just a feeling that was some how saying to me "It may look mean, but it is not." as if telling me to think of it as being purely good and the image will not matter. Then I would see a scary face being sad, or being friendly.

Just after reading this after already having similar thoughts was kinda...whats the word...a 'shock' to me

Hey, this has been happening to me for a while, waking up paralyzed, sometimes vibrating uncontrollably, I am able to wake myself usually but getting the strength to move enough to wake up, but lastnight it happened 4 straight times and someone was standing by my bed saying "please" "please" I couldn't see who or why it was, I decided to google what was happening to me this morning and I found this, is this something I should attempt? I'm hearing conflicting stories of demons and all and I don't know if this is a world I want to open up

So by using brainwashing techniques you achieve astral projection......O...K

bio mage is not being negitive... they are being totaly correct .. however correct does not mean that astral projection is not real . it simply means that you need a direction before your foot can find a path , your path is the goal , not the city the path leads to . how you go is more important than where you go .

the use of mind altering drugs will give your awareness reason to hold on to reality more tightly in uncertainty ... keeping astral projection from happening . you need to give your awareness every reason to feel comfortable and secure in its well being . the repetition of an action or a process can provide the well being of awareness state also , but you need to controll it in being aware of why you are doing the action or process

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow UM members/travellers!

I have a question regarding my first try at AP'ing.

I've been reading various materials/information about Astral Projecting and finally gone through last night.

bear with me because it's going to be quite a reading. :)

I tried AP'ing at 11+ pm, in my dad's room because it's very quiet in there, I tried like 2 or 3 times to no avail.

I was about to give it up last night, and I did, woke up at 5+am (again not sure, although I know I should've kept track of time).

I proceeded to watch a bit of tv, and felt bored and tired. proceeded to go to my own room to sleep again.

and the strangest thing happened, I swear to my own life and all that is good that it really happened!

so enough thriller, here is what I've experienced during my 5+am sleep.

I was kinda trying to astral project, but being that I was tired from my earlier try, I decided to just think about it and then just drift to sleep.

but I was shifting from a waking state and a sleeping/dreaming state, and the weirdest thing was, I had control of my dream, It was about

a zombie apocalypse and I can see myself trapped in my own room, and my awareness kicked in and I realized I was dreaming, and I

just thought about "a ladder, a ladder for my room!" and the ladder popped up, just like that! (I don't know why the hell I thought about a freaking ladder though)

then I thought "I am dreaming! I'm actually inside a friggin' dream!" and I quickly thought about AP'ing, and surely enough, I was back to my physical body, vibrating like crazy and

in some sort of a sleep paralysis and hearing these wind gushes through my ears (kind of like being in a desert, with an ongoing sandstorm, like wwuuuuwuuuuwwwuuuurrm!)

and the vibration got so intense that I panicked and tried to scream my lungs out, here's the kicker, my voice can't be heard!

I tried like crazy to scream, but nothing was working! I tried moving my arms, the sensation of moving my arms were there, as if I was moving my physical body, but I'm aware through the whole experience, the sound and the vibrations were all over my body! It was crazy! My heartbeat was off the charts! I felt pure FEAR as the vibrations engulfed my whole body, and then the "jolt" came, and baaam! I regained control of my body, then and there! It was very very surreal.

What do you guys think? Was it just sleep paralysis? A bad nightmare? Or actual AP?

Please respond! I would like to clear these questions off my head, and I'm planning to try AP'ing again.

• Like 1

Hello fellow UM members/travellers!

I have a question regarding my first try at AP'ing.

I've been reading various materials/information about Astral Projecting and finally gone through last night.

bear with me because it's going to be quite a reading. :)

I tried AP'ing at 11+ pm, in my dad's room because it's very quiet in there, I tried like 2 or 3 times to no avail.

I was about to give it up last night, and I did, woke up at 5+am (again not sure, although I know I should've kept track of time).

I proceeded to watch a bit of tv, and felt bored and tired. proceeded to go to my own room to sleep again.

and the strangest thing happened, I swear to my own life and all that is good that it really happened!

so enough thriller, here is what I've experienced during my 5+am sleep.

I was kinda trying to astral project, but being that I was tired from my earlier try, I decided to just think about it and then just drift to sleep.

but I was shifting from a waking state and a sleeping/dreaming state, and the weirdest thing was, I had control of my dream, It was about

a zombie apocalypse and I can see myself trapped in my own room, and my awareness kicked in and I realized I was dreaming, and I

just thought about "a ladder, a ladder for my room!" and the ladder popped up, just like that! (I don't know why the hell I thought about a freaking ladder though)

then I thought "I am dreaming! I'm actually inside a friggin' dream!" and I quickly thought about AP'ing, and surely enough, I was back to my physical body, vibrating like crazy and

in some sort of a sleep paralysis and hearing these wind gushes through my ears (kind of like being in a desert, with an ongoing sandstorm, like wwuuuuwuuuuwwwuuuurrm!)

and the vibration got so intense that I panicked and tried to scream my lungs out, here's the kicker, my voice can't be heard!

I tried like crazy to scream, but nothing was working! I tried moving my arms, the sensation of moving my arms were there, as if I was moving my physical body, but I'm aware through the whole experience, the sound and the vibrations were all over my body! It was crazy! My heartbeat was off the charts! I felt pure FEAR as the vibrations engulfed my whole body, and then the "jolt" came, and baaam! I regained control of my body, then and there! It was very very surreal.

What do you guys think? Was it just sleep paralysis? A bad nightmare? Or actual AP?

Please respond! I would like to clear these questions off my head, and I'm planning to try AP'ing again.

You were there alright. Those sounds and sensations are text book. You just panicked. Also common I'm afraid.