Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aliens

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postquillius, on 03 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I do kind of see Nukes point here. He is saying (I think) that life on earth proves that life can begin and continue to exist.

A 'God' however isnt proven to exist anywhere.

Somebody gets it... religion was saying we are the only life in the universe, while science is saying we are proof of et life...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#47    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,273 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 04 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Somebody gets it... religion was saying we are the only life in the universe, while science is saying we are proof of et life...
Does it? When did it say that? I'm presuming you mean intelligent life, but even then, when does Religion specify that?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#48    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,146 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Does it? When did it say that? I'm presuming you mean intelligent life, but even then, when does Religion specify that?
Well, as recently as 1600, Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake by the Church for uttering the heresy that the Sun was a star, essentially like all the others, and that there were a plurality of inhabited worlds circling around those other stars.

Edited by bison, 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#49    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,219 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Thank you Bison for clarifying that...  Lord Vetinari you are aware we received a signal from deep space like 40 years ago...? Read here

God knows what it was but such an event even if so short in silence of space echos alot ...

#50    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

• 23,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostNuke_em, on 04 January 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Thank you Bison for clarifying that...  Lord Vetinari you are aware we received a signal from deep space like 40 years ago...? Read here

God knows what it was but such an event even if so short in silence of space echos alot ...
Ah yes, our old friend the World of Warcraft signal. How do you mean, though, such an event in so short a space if so short in silence of space?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#51    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,219 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I mean there is more or less just random white noise up there, a generated or sent signal would be heard very loud. Like this one the signal was thirty times louder than background noises. Which means it was a clear and clean signal... And it was generated by something not natural... and it didnt came from earth.

#52    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

• 23,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 05 January 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I mean there is more or less just random white noise up there, a generated or sent signal would be heard very loud. Like this one the signal was thirty times louder than background noises. Which means it was a clear and clean signal... And it was generated by something not natural... and it didnt came from earth.
oh, very true, yes, that's what made people take notice of it. People say, "well, why haven't we heard it again"; but if someone was sending it out to all parts of the galaxy just to see if anyone responded, they wouldn't expect to hear anything back for a while, and neither would we expect to hear anything back from them for a while.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#53    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,146 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

oh, very true, yes, that's what made people take notice of it. People say, "well, why haven't we heard it again"; but if someone was sending it out to all parts of the galaxy just to see if anyone responded, they wouldn't expect to hear anything back for a while, and neither would we expect to hear anything back from them for a while.
  Suppose the 'wow signal' *does* sweep through the galaxy, and only passes our way at long intervals. Our chances of hearing it again aren't too good. We don't consistently listen to the correct point in space, at the same frequency.  Efforts to reacquire the signal have been sporadic and brief. If we could discern some significance to the date on which the signal was heard, August 15th, 1977, perhaps we could work out the dates on which the signal would again pass our way. Failing that, the only way to thoroughly investigate this signal would be to have at least three radio observatories, about 120 degrees apart in longitude, each listening at the correct bearing and  radio frequency for the 8 hours per day that the relevant point in the sky is well above their horizons. These wouldn't have to use particularly large receiving (dish) antennas, as the signal was very strong.

#54    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

• 23,273 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I though tthis was interesting, from http://en.wikipedia....iki/Wow!_signal :
"the 1420 MHz signal is problematic in itself in that it is "protected spectrum": it is bandwidth in which terrestrial transmitters are forbidden to transmit due to it being reserved for astronomical purposes."
So could whoever have sent it have sent it on that frequency knowing that it wouldn't get lost in terrestrial clutter?! :unsure2:

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#55    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,146 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 05 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I though tthis was interesting, from http://en.wikipedia....iki/Wow!_signal :
"the 1420 MHz signal is problematic in itself in that it is "protected spectrum": it is bandwidth in which terrestrial transmitters are forbidden to transmit due to it being reserved for astronomical purposes."
So could whoever have sent it have sent it on that frequency knowing that it wouldn't get lost in terrestrial clutter?! :unsure2:
  That particular frequency is thought to be a logical one for SETI signals. It is the frequency of radio energy emitted by neutral hydrogen, the most common element in the universe. It is also near the point in the radio spectrum where there is the least noise from most natural sources in space. The Ohio State University radio observatory was listening for SETI signals on this frequency, for these very reasons.  
It was established that the source of the wow signal was at least as distant as the Moon. it doesn't seem likely that a secret surveillance satellite from Earth was involved. This is impractically distant from Earth for such a satellite. It also seems that they wouldn't select such a conspicuous channel on which to transmit their secret work. Civilian research satellites at Lunar distance were considered, but none were found to be at that position, at that time. In any case they wouldn't transmit on a frequency reserved for listening.

Edited by bison, 05 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#56    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Modernized religions in general but if you go to the oldest writings there were different kinds of angels or djinn etc .  Some messengers or angels were forces or energies of the universe , some were spiritual or "light" type of entities and some were described as looking like men and being physical enough to have children to women.  Man was not the only life form when you read the ancient descriptions of of these beings, whether called demons, angels or even gods.  Tells me there may have  been another species here for a long time with abilities not understood by the natives who wrote about them.

Edited by White Unicorn, 05 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#57    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,146 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postbison, on 05 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Suppose the 'wow signal' *does* sweep through the galaxy, and only passes our way at long intervals. Our chances of hearing it again aren't too good. We don't consistently listen to the correct point in space, at the same frequency.  Efforts to reacquire the signal have been sporadic and brief. If we could discern some significance to the date on which the signal was heard, August 15th, 1977, perhaps we could work out the dates on which the signal would again pass our way. Failing that, the only way to thoroughly investigate this signal would be to have at least three radio observatories, about 120 degrees apart in longitude, each listening at the correct bearing and  radio frequency for the 8 hours per day that the relevant point in the sky is well above their horizons. These wouldn't have to use particularly large receiving (dish) antennas, as the signal was very strong.
    I'm quoting my own previous post, because I continued to work on the problem of the significance of the date on which the 'wow signal' was received.
I find that August 15th, 1977 and the first day of 1977 have 226 days between them. 226 days is also approximately the Phi ratio to the length of a full year, 365 &1/4 days. 226 days produces a much closer ratio than any other number of days. Coincidence? Perhaps. I'm not entirely certain. If our convention of when the civil year begins is actually referred to, then the ones doing the signaling would seem to know a good deal about us.
Is this, possibly, meant to indicate that the signal repeats at 226 day intervals? Again, I really couldn't say, though the idea is an intriguing one.

#58    ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

ThesillyfunnyguyIDK

Psychic Spy

• 1,322 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

1st off all, I would like to thank all of those would read my post and replied, its been a pleasure reading them all. I thought people would make fun out of me But I never got answers that I really wanted. Do other people get a similar dream?, why do I get them?, Why does the dream keep coming back?, and what does it mean?.
It started like 10 or 11 years ago, maybe once a year, then it went to twice a year, and so on. Now I get them 3-4 times per year.
I’m not and Alien nerd, I don’t study them, the only contact I get with this subject is by watching movies such as independence Day, MIB and so on.
These dream that I get, are not ordinary dreams that I usually have. This dream feels so life like, so real that it really happens. I either get up in the middle of the night, confused and dazed, or I would get up in the morning, hot and sweaty, unable to breath, and takes a moment to realise I’m on my bed.
I feel these dream have a secret message with in them, which I cannot comprehend.
I believe I have not been abducted by aliens, and that I’m a skeptic on the subject all together.
Maybe the aliens are Earth creatures after all.
I know my original post was very scratchy, rough, notes. And because they were like notes, most readers got confused and misunderstood what I have written, and I do apologise..
If you people say so, I could write my original post in more details.

But today I would like to share my logic from my dream and the real world.

• There is no reason why a “alien” spacecraft or “alien” equipments”, cannot be made on Earth, Earth has all the elements and materials to make an spacecraft. Some people have discovered a piece of the spacecraft that is not of this world. But at the same time scientists are still yet to discover new things 10000 below the sea or a few meters under the sand. We have not discovered everything on Earth.

• Humans have inbeding deep in our minds and these beings are from outa space, its so deep in our minds, that we never stopped to think that they maybe from originally from Earth.
These beings became super intelligent earlier in their evolution, we humans can only use 10% of our brains, but these beings can use almost all tens of thousands years ago.

In my original post I stated humans evolved from primates on Earth, and so did the Aliens.
Look at the humans, some have pale skin, some dark skin, some brown.
Eye witness accounts of (so called aliens) saw some are green some grey and so on.
Scientist even concluded humans were huge and tall, stocky and hairy 80,000 years ago. Present day humans are less hairy, less stocky, and so on.. But scientist suggests human will become more thinner, less hairy, and less height, just like an alien.

I don’t really know, but there is some truth in my dream, some where?!!!!

Posted Image

#59    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Interpreting REM sleep dreams is a highly subjective process. If the dream-state is a gateway to anything at all, it is probably a gateway to current personal fears and desires, rather than to some sort of message "hidden" in our dreams just waiting to be decoded. The vast majority of "prophetic" dreams are probably coincidences. Such dreams are impressive to those who lack understanding of the law of truly large numbers , conformation bias and how memory works.

One would think that if dreaming were a gateway to the paranormal or supernatural, blind persons would not have their dream time restricted by their physical limitations any more than those with sight.

I have all sorts of wacky dreams that seems so real and are so clear that I sometimes feel like Im living in alternate universes. Back in the days I felt really special, almost chosen,...

These days I just go to bed looking forward to the next adventure.

Edited by Hazzard, 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#60    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

For many belief in ET is like a religion in that no matter what the evidence en is shown via any method that they have not visited the earth there are those that refuse the obvious and accept the equivalent of "wine into blood" or "he had a talking donkey". I will stick with the scientific view. To me there have been no alien visitors to earth. I feel there are other intelligent beings out there but, not any capable of zipping across the vast distances. Of space for what seems like silly reasons we read about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users