Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gwenyth Todd - Whistleblower on Planned War

Phaeton80

More propaganda from the shrewd Iranians no doubt. Trying to start a war, with Iran or any other country, is not something (any part of) the political leadership of the USA could possibly aspire.

*coughs*

• Like 6

Don't be silly, it's only backward and aggressive countries like Russia that want to provoke wars.

:innocent:

• Like 1

The U.S. has a huge financial commitment to ongoing military conflict. We, the usa (good ol' Uncle Sam), have trillions of $$ invested in new warplanes. Is there a plan or purpose to use these VERY expensive warplanes? oh yeah...

• Like 2

So her story is so credible that ONLY an arm of the Iranian government will broadcast it? There are numerous anti war spokespeople in the US. I find it very difficult to take what she says at face value. The most obvious flaw is that she makes herself seem FAR more important than any individual in a position at the level she held would have been. Not to mention that if a serious effort to start a war was underway there WOULD be a war. Attacking Iran with troops would be a foolish move but continuing sanctions? Why is that suddenly such a problem? If there is a conspiracy I'd say the evidence points more to those who want to allow Iran to recover from the effects of the ONLY thing that might peacefully end a threat of nuclear weapons from this rogue state. But of course the sagacious crowd here will shout that down. I will wait with much amusement to the day when Iran announces (or is caught) that it has decided to become a nuclear weapons state. The response here will be very predictable.

• Like 3

Interesting clip but you already know that something is fishy from the get go. That opening quote about her “knowing something bad was about to happen”. If you have ever spent time in a military helicopter, you’d know that it is normal to leak hydraulic fluid from the rotor hub. This sets the level (low) of credibility of her statements. She is speaking in half-truths because she does not comprehend the situation. She was at such a low level that she was trying to make sense out of incomplete information. Then at the end, we find out that her Turkish business friend is dead. The implication is that he was assassinated for helping her out. She sure is full of herself. If this were a plot, then she would have been dead and not her friend.

• Like 2

Interesting clip but you already know that something is fishy from the get go. That opening quote about her "knowing something bad was about to happen". If you have ever spent time in a military helicopter, you'd know that it is normal to leak hydraulic fluid from the rotor hub. This sets the level (low) of credibility of her statements. She is speaking in half-truths because she does not comprehend the situation. She was at such a low level that she was trying to make sense out of incomplete information. Then at the end, we find out that her Turkish business friend is dead. The implication is that he was assassinated for helping her out. She sure is full of herself. If this were a plot, then she would have been dead and not her friend.

You don't get high level security clearance if you don't comprehend the situation.

You don't get onto the National security Council if your a nobody.

I think you are projecting what you want to believe here, America would never be that evil - would they.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

You don't get high level security clearance if you don't comprehend the situation.

If her clearance was SCI as it appeared to be, then her knowledge is highly compartmentalized. That usually means that she does not have NTK for other pieces of information that perhaps an admiral would. That’s why she was trying pump information out of others that didn’t know everything either. When you bring those two things together, you still don’t know anything.

You don't get onto the National security Council if your a nobody.

The NSC has tons of low level agents doing their thing, providing that one little bit of information that their superiors cull together to pass on to their superiors. That way, only those at the top know what is going on and in the world of secrets, intel, and intrigue, that is vital.

I think you are projecting what you want to believe here,

I’m projecting that we only see the pov of someone at a low to mid level position that thinks she knows what’s going on and filling the holes with imagination. We also see the clip jumping around piecing unrelated things together to come to a bad conclusion.

America would never be that evil - would they.

Well, that’s all relative. What someone not aware may call evil, I would call righteous in that it defends this nation. The implication of the film makes the US out to be the bad guy. But if you understand what is happening then there is some heavy $-hit going down and our people are on top of it. But the thing is, is that heavy $-hit is always going down and if we didn’t have people on top of it, perhaps even keeping it confidential, we would be in a world of hurt here in this country. Most people are under the impression that bad things can’t happen here and that’s the way to keep it.

Give the low information voter bread and circuses and keep him believing that he his being taken care of.

Br Cornelius, thanks for your words of support. There is nothing one can do about the angry Ravenhawks of this world. The person apparently has no idea what he/she is talking about nor about how the NSC nor Pentagon nor Washington works, which is understandable. It is a very confusing place. I find outsiders put an awful lot of unnecessary weight on security clearances and access. I can count on one hand the things I have seen at the ultra secret Compartmentalized level that did not also appear in the press. When in government, being invited to small-group meetings and being known as someone with personal access to key decision makers is probably more useful than one's actual clearance level because people come to you, in an informal setting, to tell you things you would otherwise not see, often in the hope that you can help them either promote or discourage a particular policy or planned action. I did have clearances with names so secret that one is not even allowed to utter the name of the compartment, let alone the sub-compartment, but I do not claim to know more than others, or even as much as others. I was asked to tell my story (unpaid), and I did. I have since been called everything from a wannabe to a Zionist agent, to an Iranian apologist to a **** to a criminal. It is actually rather funny how emotional people who have never met me or spoken to me or contacted me get as they launch attacks on my character and credibility. I wonder why they find me so threatening? Anyway, I only tell my story as it happened, and then only when asked, and I am not trying to convince anyone of anything in particular. Ravenhawk and his/her ilk will have an opportunity to question my expertise and agenda on another contentious topic when a new film comes out on Showtime next month, so they will have something to look forward to. I remain unpaid by these interviewers and unfazed by these critics and I only talk to the media about what I saw when they approach me, not the other way around. Ravenhawk can relax because eventually these various media outlets will no doubt stop spending travel money and time having to drive long distances over unpaved roads out to the wilds of Australia to interview me when they could apparently be getting much better analysis from the Ravenhawks of this world back at home!

• Like 5

Br Cornelius, thanks for your words of support. There is nothing one can do about the angry Ravenhawks of this world. The person apparently has no idea what he/she is talking about nor about how the NSC nor Pentagon nor Washington works, which is understandable. It is a very confusing place. I find outsiders put an awful lot of unnecessary weight on security clearances and access. I can count on one hand the things I have seen at the ultra secret Compartmentalized level that did not also appear in the press. When in government, being invited to small-group meetings and being known as someone with personal access to key decision makers is probably more useful than one's actual clearance level because people come to you, in an informal setting, to tell you things you would otherwise not see, often in the hope that you can help them either promote or discourage a particular policy or planned action. I did have clearances with names so secret that one is not even allowed to utter the name of the compartment, let alone the sub-compartment, but I do not claim to know more than others, or even as much as others. I was asked to tell my story (unpaid), and I did. I have since been called everything from a wannabe to a Zionist agent, to an Iranian apologist to a **** to a criminal. It is actually rather funny how emotional people who have never met me or spoken to me or contacted me get as they launch attacks on my character and credibility. I wonder why they find me so threatening? Anyway, I only tell my story as it happened, and then only when asked, and I am not trying to convince anyone of anything in particular. Ravenhawk and his/her ilk will have an opportunity to question my expertise and agenda on another contentious topic when a new film comes out on Showtime next month, so they will have something to look forward to. I remain unpaid by these interviewers and unfazed by these critics and I only talk to the media about what I saw when they approach me, not the other way around. Ravenhawk can relax because eventually these various media outlets will no doubt stop spending travel money and time having to drive long distances over unpaved roads out to the wilds of Australia to interview me when they could apparently be getting much better analysis from the Ravenhawks of this world back at home!

Thats you in the video Gwenyth?

Br Cornelius, thanks for your words of support. There is nothing one can do about the angry Ravenhawks of this world. The person apparently has no idea what he/she is talking about nor about how the NSC nor Pentagon nor Washington works, which is understandable. It is a very confusing place.

Wow kewl! This is pretty amazing if this is the real Gwenyth and that you just happen to find this forum to make your 1st reply. Are you that insecure? I had to go back and reread my post. I didn’t see any anger in it, just doubt on your credibility. I just love it when people tell me I don’t know what I am talking about. Let’s just say that I am in a “similar” field that you were in. I.e. I still hold clearances. I’ve seen your kind before. I know the nature of information out there and it’s easy to take something out of context, especially if you are intimidated by the military. I am not part of the Washington scene but my brother is. I know what it is like from him. I wonder what he would say about you? I don’t think you are an agent, apologist, or criminal. I just think you got in way over your head and ended up a pawn. The only thing you could do is play it to the hilt or run away and get out of the way. It’s serious business.

The thing is is that it was no secret that part of the reason going into Iraq was to have bases to attack Iran from. With Afghanistan, would give us a classic pincher action. However by 2007, would not have been a good time to go to war with Iran. Even though we were just next door, the logistics weren’t there for a full scale attack. We needed time to consolidate our position in Iraq first and that was a multigenerational endeavor. Iran had stopped their nuclear program so as long as we were active in Iraq that gave us time to build up influence that would flow over the border. However, the 5th column in Iran misconstrued Obama’s speech in Cairo in 2009 as the signal to topple the regime. They were looking to us for aid and it never came. So with Obama, we have missed every opportunity to make any significant progress in taming Iran. What a colossal fiasco.

Sailing the fleet into the Gulf was not necessarily trying to start WWIII like you believe. But it was intend on showing Iran’s hand. It was a Cold War tactic. Looking at limited action to squash coastal defenses leaving Iran defenseless would have been far more preferable. Killing a diplomat would not have set off a war. I don’t see us at war with Libya. Obama’s been going after the low hanging fruit, Gaddhafi and Bin Laden but doesn’t have the presence of mind of consequences of two steps ahead.

Seize the initiative and make them react to us. I’m sure that is what the Admiral was intent on. And I’m sure you saw it as a prelude to war. Why go to war when you can force it to collapse from inside? All you need is pressure. Because we failed to stay and put pressure on Iran, we have assured that the next war will come. And it will cost us more blood and treasure.

I’m curious, why did you allow the film editor to piece together the implication that your Turkish backer was perhaps assassinated by us because he was supporting you? That is one of the things that bring a lot of doubts on your story.

Edited by RavenHawk

If she does come back, dont screw this up Raven. This chic could be the next snowden, and we had her individed attention.

Ask what you want, whatever. Just please be respectful.

Wow kewl! This is pretty amazing if this is the real Gwenyth and that you just happen to find this forum to make your 1st reply. Are you that insecure? I had to go back and reread my post. I didn't see any anger in it, just doubt on your credibility. I just love it when people tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Let's just say that I am in a "similar" field that you were in. I.e. I still hold clearances. I've seen your kind before. I know the nature of information out there and it's easy to take something out of context, especially if you are intimidated by the military. I am not part of the Washington scene but my brother is. I know what it is like from him. I wonder what he would say about you? I don't think you are an agent, apologist, or criminal. I just think you got in way over your head and ended up a pawn. The only thing you could do is play it to the hilt or run away and get out of the way. It's serious business.

The thing is is that it was no secret that part of the reason going into Iraq was to have bases to attack Iran from. With Afghanistan, would give us a classic pincher action. However by 2007, would not have been a good time to go to war with Iran. Even though we were just next door, the logistics weren't there for a full scale attack. We needed time to consolidate our position in Iraq first and that was a multigenerational endeavor. Iran had stopped their nuclear program so as long as we were active in Iraq that gave us time to build up influence that would flow over the border. However, the 5th column in Iran misconstrued Obama's speech in Cairo in 2009 as the signal to topple the regime. They were looking to us for aid and it never came. So with Obama, we have missed every opportunity to make any significant progress in taming Iran. What a colossal fiasco.

Sailing the fleet into the Gulf was not necessarily trying to start WWIII like you believe. But it was intend on showing Iran's hand. It was a Cold War tactic. Looking at limited action to squash coastal defenses leaving Iran defenseless would have been far more preferable. Killing a diplomat would not have set off a war. I don't see us at war with Libya. Obama's been going after the low hanging fruit, Gaddhafi and Bin Laden but doesn't have the presence of mind of consequences of two steps ahead.

Seize the initiative and make them react to us. I'm sure that is what the Admiral was intent on. And I'm sure you saw it as a prelude to war. Why go to war when you can force it to collapse from inside? All you need is pressure. Because we failed to stay and put pressure on Iran, we have assured that the next war will come. And it will cost us more blood and treasure.

I'm curious, why did you allow the film editor to piece together the implication that your Turkish backer was perhaps assassinated by us because he was supporting you? That is one of the things that bring a lot of doubts on your story.

Ah, so never mind imposing Freedom on the persecuted people of Iraq, or the imaginary Weapons of mass Evil that Saddam was waiting to destroy us all with, even those who supported it are now admitting that it (and operation Endless War, or whatever it was they called the Afghan adventure) was primarily about providing a handy launchpad for the war that America really wanted, because iran had been Evil enough to thumb their noses at Uncle Sam. Truth will come out eventually.

• Like 6

If she does come back, dont screw this up Raven.

WTF!!

This chic could be the next snowden, and we had her individed attention.

She is the next Snowdon. If this is her, then she’s goggling her name everyday finding what other forums she pops up in looking for attention. I doubt we are unique as she’s going to be telling her story to anyone that wants to listen. If it’s not here, it’ll be 5 other forums.

Ask what you want, whatever. Just please be respectful.

Then she needs to earn it. I will listen but as I’ve stated already, she’s only speaking half-truths and that will only end up confusing the issue. It would be so much easier if she was a Zionist agent but she’s not, only misguided and paranoid. Probably understandably so.

WTF!!

She is the next Snowdon. If this is her, then she's goggling her name everyday finding what other forums she pops up in looking for attention. I doubt we are unique as she's going to be telling her story to anyone that wants to listen. If it's not here, it'll be 5 other forums.

Then she needs to earn it. I will listen but as I've stated already, she's only speaking half-truths and that will only end up confusing the issue. It would be so much easier if she was a Zionist agent but she's not, only misguided and paranoid. Probably understandably so.

Where as you are a paragon on rationality and impartiality. If you only new how ridiculous you look to your audience with your moral superiority and high mindedness.

I would think you would respect the fact that if someone has something worthwhile to say you would afford them respect to listen without prejudging.

Another epic fail.

Br Cornelius

This is done with respect also....

PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Flag on the field!!!!

Say what?? Gwyneth Todd signed up for an account and posted in defense of a 30 minute video on THIS sight? Come on now, this doesn't seem the least bit logical, does it?

If she still feels threatened by the situation, then why draw attention to herself? IF the US wanted her all they would have to do is trump up any charge against her and request extradition from Australia. Unless there is a reason for Australia to protect her, she would then be extradited back to the US with no fanfare at all. Just doesn't make sense on sooooo many levels to me. The US "supposedly" kills a Turkish billionaire in the streets of Istanbul over this and they just let her walk around with no objection? Ummmm, doesn't pass the sniff test.

There was SOOOOOOOOOO much speculation in that video. It draws on absolutely no verifiable evidence, that I can tell and I am not even trying to be a "hater". She spoke as if she was telling a story with only her opinions as evidence. Example... If her security clearance had been pulled, she had absolutely NO right to enter the base after that but she did. Doesn't matter why it was pulled to her but that it was pulled. How and why did the Duty Officer not know her clearance had been pulled? What were the reasons for the revoking? Why did she bypass the Admiral with the report when he specifically "assigned" her with the task? Why was she, who is not an investigator from what I can tell, sent to meet with possible bombing suspects? How did she surmise that the "human rights activist" was telling the truth? What evidence did he give other than a unequivocal no? How did she know the person? Why did she know the person? If they wanted her in custody or dead to start a war, why didn't they just do it?..... So many more questions to ask, so little time.....

Sorry "Gwyneth" but if it is you, I just cannot objectionably believe your story as you told it. Doesn't make sense.

Where as you are a paragon on rationality and impartiality. If you only new how ridiculous you look to your audience with your moral superiority and high mindedness.

I would think you would respect the fact that if someone has something worthwhile to say you would afford them respect to listen without prejudging.

Another epic fail.

Br Cornelius

LMFAO!!! Ummmmm, pot vs. kettle?

• Like 1

This is done with respect also....

PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Flag on the field!!!!

Say what?? Gwyneth Todd signed up for an account and posted in defense of a 30 minute video on THIS sight? Come on now, this doesn't seem the least bit logical, does it?

If she still feels threatened by the situation, then why draw attention to herself? IF the US wanted her all they would have to do is trump up any charge against her and request extradition from Australia. Unless there is a reason for Australia to protect her, she would then be extradited back to the US with no fanfare at all. Just doesn't make sense on sooooo many levels to me. The US "supposedly" kills a Turkish billionaire in the streets of Istanbul over this and they just let her walk around with no objection? Ummmm, doesn't pass the sniff test.

There was SOOOOOOOOOO much speculation in that video. It draws on absolutely no verifiable evidence, that I can tell and I am not even trying to be a "hater". She spoke as if she was telling a story with only her opinions as evidence. Example... If her security clearance had been pulled, she had absolutely NO right to enter the base after that but she did. Doesn't matter why it was pulled to her but that it was pulled. How and why did the Duty Officer not know her clearance had been pulled? What were the reasons for the revoking? Why did she bypass the Admiral with the report when he specifically "assigned" her with the task? Why was she, who is not an investigator from what I can tell, sent to meet with possible bombing suspects? How did she surmise that the "human rights activist" was telling the truth? What evidence did he give other than a unequivocal no? How did she know the person? Why did she know the person? If they wanted her in custody or dead to start a war, why didn't they just do it?..... So many more questions to ask, so little time.....

Sorry "Gwyneth" but if it is you, I just cannot objectionably believe your story as you told it. Doesn't make sense.

Your whole position is predicated on the fact that an intelligent person would follow orders blindly knowing full well that they are been set up along with a whole host of other servicemen. Your position is based on a belief that people don't choose to behave morally when they know they are been asked to do wrong. That may be description of your character but many people are not like that.

Her whole story fits in perfectly with the climate which Israel and the Bush Administration were trying to generate to justify an invasion of Iran. I am amazed that the US pulled back from declaring war on Iran at exactly that moment in time because every single indication said that they were ready to go at the drop of a hat. think back to 2007 and tell me that I am wrong. And ravenhawk isn't even fundamentally disagreeing with this point since he believe if they went to war at that time the Neocons must have had a good reason for it which we the public were not let in on.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

WTF!!

Dont be all WTFing me bro B)

She is the next Snowdon. If this is her, then she's goggling her name everyday finding what other forums she pops up in looking for attention. I doubt we are unique as she's going to be telling her story to anyone that wants to listen. If it's not here, it'll be 5 other forums.

See this is exactly what im talking about. You dont know that any of this is true. And even if it is, so what? If this was my story, Id be telling it to anyone who would listen as well.

Then she needs to earn it. I will listen but as I've stated already, she's only speaking half-truths and that will only end up confusing the issue. It would be so much easier if she was a Zionist agent but she's not, only misguided and paranoid. Probably understandably so.

I find it far more likely that you are offended by her cause her story challenges your world view. She hasnt even had a chance to answer any questions, or assumptions you have, and you have basicaly already labled her a lier.

• Like 2

Another epic fail.

Br Cornelius

So trying to be high minded and express a position of morality is considered ridiculous to you Brutha? I have no doubt that the person on the video fully believes what she's doing is quite important - maybe it even IS. But wars don't start over low level assassinations or even ship movements unless they were about to begin ANYWAY. Truth is the US probably NEEDS to be crippling the capabilities of Iran's leaders with high explosives and need to be doing it right now. If we are the world nemesis you and others keep claiming then why aren't we doing so? Nothing is really there to stop us, especially not stories like the one this person is telling. Again - even if true. She seems to believe as you do - that the Iranians are essentially peaceful and have no ambitions in the region or with nukes. If so then we are poorly served by her ilk as well. Edited by and then

Where as you are a paragon on rationality and impartiality.

Compared to you I am.

If you only new how ridiculous you look to your audience with your moral superiority and high mindedness.

Really? I think you can’t stand having someone that can shoot down propaganda that you want to use to attack this nation. So you try to dismiss me by call me ridiculous. Try all you want, you will never succeed but only in your own mind.

I did listen to her. And it smells fishy. That’s not prejudging. With what I heard and what I’ve found googling info on her, she is wrong. But her statements give types like you all sorts of ammo and because it is speculation, you don’t bother finding the truth. You just accept it at face value because it fits your mindset. Because I am, at least partially, from the same world she was from, I understand her POV. And I see the facts that she knows and how she is turning them into speculation and a really bad conclusion.

Another epic fail.

You certainly are.

Dont be all WTFing me bro B)

B)

See this is exactly what im talking about. You dont know that any of this is true. And even if it is, so what? If this was my story, Id be telling it to anyone who would listen as well.

It doesn’t matter if any of it is true. I believe that she believes it is true and that is what she is expressing. It’s information that can be used in a detrimental way whether it is true or not. She didn’t foil an attack, she probably foiled our best chance to keep Iran in check which will result in the loss of American lives.

I find it far more likely that you are offended by her cause her story challenges your world view. She hasnt even had a chance to answer any questions, or assumptions you have, and you have basicaly already labled her a lier.

No, what she says doesn’t challenge my world view. It challenges our hand against Iran. I fully believe that that Admiral was intent in pressuring Iran’s hand but that is far from going to war. This was a Cold War tactic. I didn’t call her a liar. I called her misinformed. If you want to prevent war, you need to let the Admirals do their jobs. The Admiral didn’t answer to her. She was only a political advisor, not a political officer.

So trying to be high minded and express a position of morality is considered ridiculous to you Brutha? I have no doubt that the person on the video fully believes what she's doing is quite important - maybe it even IS. But wars don't start over low level assassinations or even ship movements unless they were about to begin ANYWAY. Truth is the US probably NEEDS to be crippling the capabilities of Iran's leaders with high explosives and need to be doing it right now. If we are the world nemesis you and others keep claiming then why aren't we doing so? Nothing is really there to stop us, especially not stories like the one this person is telling. Again - even if true. She seems to believe as you do - that the Iranians are essentially peaceful and have no ambitions in the region or with nukes. If so then we are poorly served by her ilk as well.

Iran has a legitimate reason to want a Nuclear deterent and that is the Nucks which are pointed at it from Israel and the US. is that so difficult to understand.

These Neocon crazies are working in the dark, pulling strings, following agendas. Their views are not the views of the majority of the government or the people. They got found out for the lying cheats they are and they should have been hauled up for treason and hung from the highest gallows that could be made.

You think that the wars they have brewed up across the middle east are legitimate but I think the deaths of getting on for a million people are crimes against humanity and war crimes punishable by death. Unfortunately you are as morally bankrupt as they are and don't seem to mind about Arabs dying so I suspect you wont agree. If a million Israelies had been killed by the Neocons you would be crying like a stuck pig - HYPOCRISY !!!!

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest