Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic quits after winning National Lottery

Saru

Clairvoyant Beti Schulz has retired after her lottery numbers netted an impressive £2.2 million jackpot.

Beti Schulz, 71, landed more than £2million when her ­numbers came up on the National Lottery. Now, the ­clairvoyant has decided to retire after spending almost 40 years predicting the future.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Of course, of course. Clairvoyance for her is not a passion, but a pass time to take away people's money. Once she has enough money, it's no need to continue.

• Like 2

OH COME ON !

All anyone ever says is IF THEY'RE PSYCHIC,WHY DON'T THEY WIN THE LOTTERY .

One does,and retires ,as all lottery winners do . I mean ,71 is wwaaayyy past retirement age ,and its because of greed ?

Unbelievable .

• Like 7

OH COME ON !

One does,and retires ,as all lottery winners do . I mean ,71 is wwaaayyy past retirement age ,and its because of greed ?

Unbelievable .

If you do something from love, there is no retirement, especially if you have a "gift" to help people.

Its like FlyingAngel said, she have enough money to stop stealing from the people...I'm guessing is exhausting to lie to them for 40 years, she needs a break.

• Like 3

This is just the standard Psychic retirement plan.

When its time to retire, you use your powers to grab a lotto prize and then fade away.

It doesnt mean they arent real, really they are. It takes great willpower to keep from winning the lottery at 20 and enjoying your life.

Good Grief.

• Like 3

OH COME ON !

Unbelievable .

What's the percentage of psychics that win the lottery, as compared to the percentage of non-psychics that win the lottery?

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 4

This is just the standard Psychic retirement plan.

When its time to retire, you use your powers to grab a lotto prize and then fade away.

It doesnt mean they arent real, really they are. It takes great willpower to keep from winning the lottery at 20 and enjoying your life.

Good Grief.

Right, because winning at 20 is not a good moment to financially help her family with that amount of money.

Edited by FlyingAngel

Ah well, there goes the old joke, "Why don't you ever see the headline, 'Psychic Wins Lottery'!"

• Like 1

Right, because winning at 20 is not a good moment to financially help her family with that amount of money.

But you miss the point, at 20 they would be using their "gift" for personal reasons.

Thats why they have to wait until they are ready to retire.

To do otherwise would show them to be unethical. And Psychics are anything but unethical....

• Like 1

Yeah, I hear you on that. "Pure" spirituality would have no desire for money, or even material possessions beyond the basics.

But you miss the point, at 20 they would be using their "gift" for personal reasons.

Thats why they have to wait until they are ready to retire.

To do otherwise would show them to be unethical. And Psychics are anything but unethical....

Or why they don't win the lottery at 20 to provide for her/his family and still be a psychics?

I don't see any obstacle to be rich and to help people with your "gift"....then you can help people for free, or helping someone always have a price?

• Like 1

If you do something from love, there is no retirement, especially if you have a "gift" to help people.

Its like FlyingAngel said, she have enough money to stop stealing from the people...I'm guessing is exhausting to lie to them for 40 years, she needs a break.

i don't know why people assume that if you have a psychic ability it is your moral responsibility to use it to help without expecting any payment.

what about other 'helpful' jobs that people get paid for? maybe the fire department should come and rescue you and save your burning home out of sheer selflessness.

• Like 1

i don't know why people assume that if you have a psychic ability it is your moral responsibility to use it to help without expecting any payment.

what about other 'helpful' jobs that people get paid for? maybe the fire department should come and rescue you and save your burning home out of sheer selflessness.

Excepting for commercial fires, or arson, or forest fire, when was the last time you heard of someone getting a bill from the fire department? In the US, that's built into our taxes.

Same for "normal" police calls.

Medical(ambulance) is different and will charge a hefty fee.

Excepting for commercial fires, or arson, or forest fire, when was the last time you heard of someone getting a bill from the fire department? In the US, that's built into our taxes.

Same for "normal" police calls.

Medical(ambulance) is different and will charge a hefty fee.

yes it's paid from your taxes. do those firefighters get a paycheck?

my point is that there is no shame in charging money or making a living on something you excel at. if a person has psychic abilities that does not obligate them in any way morally, ethically, or legally, to provide a service without cost.

• Like 1

I would presume that a "psychic's" suppossed abilities does not even come close to the established abilities of, say, firefighter's, policemen or medical staff.

I would presume that a "psychic's" suppossed abilities does not even come close to the established abilities of, say, firefighter's, policemen or medical staff.

that's not really the point being made though.

if we were discussing the validity or necessity of different professions or abilities then i would have to agree.

that's not really the point being made though.

if we were discussing the validity or necessity of different professions or abilities then i would have to agree.

So, why should they(psychics) charge money for an absolutely unproven profession?

• Like 2

If you wanna know there are lot of fire departments where the fireman's are volunteering and it not even the same, i don't know how can you even compere it. If you're house is burning, no matter if you paying taxes or not, the fire department will come and put the fire down. I'm really disappointed that more and more people are becoming a selfless b******* its not everything about the money.

If i was a psychic, I'll win my self a lottery so i can have money for living and help out people for free....if you ask me the psychic people are a scam and there can only mess up someones life.

• Like 1

So, why should they(psychics) charge money for an absolutely unproven profession?

Because they can buffalo the gullible into thinking that what they do is real and legitimate.

After all people are willing to pay for any service if they are convinced it will "help" them.

They (the "psychics" ) think they have a service to offer and some have actually had "training" for whatever it is they think they are doing so they should be compensated for their service regardless of how dubious it is.

If i was a psychic, I'll win my self a lottery so i can have money for living and help out people for free....if you ask me the psychic people are a scam and there can only mess up someones life.

For the most part, you are exactly RIGHT!!!

True psychic's have no need of money, etc... In fact, they abhor it.

i really don't know - i ask the same thing about feng shui architects.

• Like 1

If you wanna know there are lot of fire departments where the fireman's are volunteering and it not even the same, i don't know how can you even compere it. If you're house is burning, no matter if you paying taxes or not, the fire department will come and put the fire down. I'm really disappointed that more and more people are becoming a selfless b******* its not everything about the money.

ok ok bad example using firefighters. it was the first thing that came to mind, i apologize for any confusion that may have caused in making my point,

which by the way stands without the reference.

• Like 1

What's the percentage of psychics that win the lottery, as compared to the percentage of non-psychics that win the lottery?

Who can say for sure. Some people might be pcychics and not know it. Believe me, I'm not a huge advocate of psychics but I won't completely dismiss the possibility.

• Like 1