Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rlyeh

Icke is a Conman, and Jones is making Money either way.

• Like 1

Rlyeh, what is that Jones says that particularly irritates you?

• Like 2

Is it wrong that I was kind of hoping this would be a death announcement?

For a guy who loves to talk about how the government uses false flag operations and the like to create a climate of fear, his ranting and raving does a far better job, among the woowoo crowd at least.

• Like 2

Well of course, they couldn't kill him because then that would prove him right, wouldn't it. So he can't lose, can he.

• Like 1

I once described listening to Alex Jones as "bobbing for apples in the toilet". As there are some genuine stories that are not covered anywhere else, but to get to the apple you have to put up with a face full of poo

• Like 3

His outrageousness does the truth movement no favors. I find it impossible to take anything he says seriously.

The only movement he's interested in is the movement of gullible people's hard earned dollars into his bank account.

• Like 2

The only movement he's interested in is the movement of gullible people's hard earned dollars into his bank account.

That's his speal, not mine.

Can't stand the guy. Him or Icke.

His outrageousness does the truth movement no favors. I find it impossible to take anything he says seriously.

Just curious...

What is the "truth movement" and how is Jones hurting it?

• Like 2

Just curious...

What is the "truth movement" and how is Jones hurting it?

It's this concept you hear echoed among UFO researchers and debunkers alike; the thought that governments need to come clean about what information they have instead of shrouding it in secrecy, and refusing to disclose what it is they know....if anything.

I have found that people like Jones devalidate the work these guys are trying to do....and Icke appears to just spread misinformation. When they lump themselves in with that community it does more damage than good.

An example of someone who is really trying to bring truth to people:

That's the difference between a legit researcher, and someone like Alex.

• Like 1

Alex Jones doesn't believe in conspiracies like aliens. So if I understand you correctly the "truth movement" is about alien disclosure and a possible GOV conspiracy in covering up information?

Ftr .. I don't believe in aliens either.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

truth movement is more about total government transparency than it is aliens, but UFO files are a big thing they always throw in.

• Like 2

Alex Jones doesn't believe in conspiracies like aliens. So if I understand you correctly the "truth movement" is about alien disclosure and a possible GOV conspiracy in covering up information?

Ftr .. I don't believe in aliens either.

Yes, and other topics. UFOs are just part of it.

Not everybody does believe....it's one of those things you have to expereince for yourself. I would of never entertained the idea if I hadn't seen a craft up close and personal as a kid. It's what started my love affair with all things paranormal.

Yes, and other topics. UFOs are just part of it.

Not everybody does believe....it's one of those things you have to expereince for yourself. I would of never entertained the idea if I hadn't seen a craft up close and personal as a kid. It's what started my love affair with all things paranormal.

Just curious...

Besides ufos what other topics does Jones hurt this "truth movement"?

Just curious...

He's a supporter of the theory of the Illuminati, no?

Says they're spraying the skies with chemicals? (chem trails)

All kinds of other fear-laced rants?

Because those type of paranoid, ego-satisfying conspiracies do nothing but drive truth to the fringe.

Do you think there is some ultra-secret society that controls all the weath in the world with the sole goal of dominating humanity under one world government? Do you think that we as a people are that special? Or that they need such an elaborate plan?

I don't. To me, the reality is that the governments of this world, if they so decided, could do what ever the heck they wanted....they have the fire-power, the military......they don't need a secret society to accomplish it.

Alex says he speaks truth, but comes off as paranoid. But that's just how I see him.

• Like 1

Let me get this correct.

AJ hurts the ufo truth movement because he doesn't believe in aliens. He believes in things the ufo truth movement doesn't believe in and this some how hurts the ufo truth movement?

I could understand if AJ believed in ufo/aliens while at the same time believing in things the ufo truth movement didn't believe in but he doesn't.

So how is he a threat to this truth movement? It doesn't make any logical sense.

• Like 2

Let me get this correct.

AJ hurts the ufo truth movement because he doesn't believe in aliens. He believes in things the ufo truth movement doesn't believe in and this some how hurts the ufo truth movement?

I could understand if AJ believed in ufo/aliens while at the same time believing in things the ufo truth movement didn't believe in but he doesn't.

So how is he a threat to this truth movement? It doesn't make any logical sense.

truth movement is more about total government transparency than it is aliens, but UFO files are a big thing they always throw in.

As Kelevra stated, the UFO thing is a big part of it, but it encompasses more; government transparency being the biggest component.

So when you have someone like Alex screaming that they are all Illuminati puppets....'They're out to get you!' It's a distraction from people who are genuinely trying to lobby for clearer laws and practices (like the flap with the NSA recently).

Is that clear enough?

edit: Another example of a 'truther' (though not all agree on this one) would be Ed Snowden.

Edited by Awake2Chaos

Well historically speaking the Bavarian illuminati did exist according to historic text. So this belief AJ has today is partially true. I personally do not judge an individual on how they deliver their message. It's the message I'm interested in researching.

• Like 4

Rlyeh, what is that Jones says that particularly irritates you?

The "elites" use light bulbs to control minds, the "elites" use hallucinogens to contact aliens, the "elites" are going to turn themselves into robots, oh and the "elites" listen to Alex Jones having sex. That's just some of his ridiculous claims.

He's entertaining but the stupid that comes from his mouth gets old after a while.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 7

Just curious...

well, it might be argue that he discredits any of the following causes by his being associated with them:

# Jones has been the center of many controversies, including his statements about gun control in the wake of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.[7] He has accused the U.S. government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing,[8] the September 11 attacks,[9] and the filming of fake Moon landings to hide NASA's secret technology[10] and the killing of "thousands of astronauts".[11] He believes that government and big business have colluded to create a New World Order through "manufactured economic crises, sophisticated surveillance tech and—above all—inside-job terror attacks that fuel exploitable hysteria"

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unjiAzdXK1E

Yes, it is carefully edited I know, but I do like the quote "I don't look forward to it, but if they've got me chained down and torturing me. it'd be exciting." :blush:

I once described listening to Alex Jones as "bobbing for apples in the toilet". As there are some genuine stories that are not covered anywhere else, but to get to the apple you have to put up with a face full of poo

that's a very good description indeed. :tsu:

Not that i take him seriously (in fact, my wife and me use the expression "now you're Alex Jonesing!", when discussing something

and one of us breaks into a rant that tends to leave facts behind....), but i tend to see him like somewhat of a crazy oracle.

Still, it's better to get yer apples straight from the tree than unwillingly ending up with a mouth full of s**t....

He found his niche between paranoia and his big boosting ego

• Like 2