Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Syrian Army Confiscates Israeli Weapons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,962 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

But there is a lasting solution... let Palestine be a state and cease the Israeli occupation, dismantle the settlements, remove all the checkpoints, tear down the WALL, and open the Jew only roads to all Palestinian citizens.

Give the Palestinians some long overdue dignity, a home, and FREEDOM.
Why can't/won't you answer the question as phrased?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#32    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postand then, on 11 January 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Why can't/won't you answer the question as phrased?

Because it is a nasty trick question. Can the Palestinians take the land of Palestine with force? Of course not, they have no standing military... no army, navy, nor air force.

But can they achieve statehood, well, I'd like to see it in my lifetime. I would like to see Israeli Arabs have more opportunities to run for political offices and fill more government positions. If Israel claims to be a democracy... then why not?

Edited by Ambush Bug, 11 January 2013 - 07:07 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#33    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,962 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 11 January 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Because it is a nasty trick question. Can the Palestinians take the land of Palestine with force? Of course not, they have no standing military... no army, navy, nor air force.

But can they achieve statehood, well, I'd like to see it in my lifetime. I would like to see Israeli Arabs have more opportunities to run for political offices and fill more government positions. If Israel claims to be a democracy... then why not?
It truly is not meant to be any kind of trick, Bug.  In fact the question is sincere and gets down to the true, great difference in how we see this conflict.  I have admitted that Israel has often been at fault for imposing it's will on the Palestinians.  That the settlers illegally (according to international law) build on "disputed" Palestinian lands.  Where the dispute is often contrived and sketchy.  That the IDF has in fact become an occupation force and has committed stupidity in their dealings with everyday Palestinians in ways that are unfair.  I do NOT accept that atrocities are regularly committed.  Once actual combat begins then Israel is held to a very high standard and they act professionally because they KNOW the world is watching and taking careful notes.  But that aside, where I feel you - and for that matter most here, fail to understand my point is that you either do not see or do not believe that the Palestinians are also culpable.  You do not accept that they have as their STATED goal that since they did not agree to partition, they should be able to nullify the entire agreement from 65 years ago, remove Israelis from all the land and take up ownership of all of the land again.  While such an attitude is understandable in the sense of absolute fairness, when has the world ever been that fair?
I predict that a peace will come to this region - maybe in the next couple of years.  I think the leadership of the Palestinians has finally realized that they will have to give the appearance of compromise to get the world community to press Israel with sanctions sufficient to cause a vacillating Israeli public to try once again for the all elusive end of conflict.  Big fanfare and hoopla by most of the world community that the problem has finally been solved.  Israel will agree to "share" Jerusalem by making it an international city and they'll give over control of the WB almost totally to the Palestinians.  There will be some international component force set in place but when the next conflict begins it will serve to restrain Israeli retaliation rather than truly be a force for unbiased peaceful restraint.  The fighting will begin anew but this time it will begin with Israel on a much smaller piece of land.  That will cause them to strike MUCH harder and then the whole thing will begin again.  So my question really isn't a trick.  If what I say - which I think a reasonable person can see the logic in - comes to fruition then how do you react?  Is your stance that the Palestinians deserve to retake all the land regardless the cost to the world?  Or do you think a reasonable compromise should be enforced on BOTH parties and then upheld by an unbiased international force?

ETA:  Other opinions are welcome here...

Edited by and then, 11 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users