Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Empathic abilities

Method_681

I am an empath and it is not great at all. I actually hate it it seems any emotion that comes around me i can feel and me hating emotions it does not work out . and i was woundring can any of you feel others emotions?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Xenojjin

• Method_681

• geeohn

What's an empath? No, I can't feel other people's emotions as if they were my own.I could see where that could become a problem. sad.gif

I was an empath before I could control abilities , it was what I was born with . I still am an empath but I have learned to cope with it .

*first of all , to those who dont know , an empath is a psion with telepathic abilities that can sense someones emotion rather then thought . Even if that person is hiding their true feelings .

In order to prevent yourself from becoming Black hearted , your going to have to learn how to sheild . More importantly you will have to learn how to control your own emotions more then the average person ( understatement ... A LOT more then the average person ) so that way you can seperate your emotions from other peoples emotions .

Woot i am not alone! I hate emotions!!! can i just turn it off or give it to someone else cause It has never really worked to my advantage wacko.gif

i am quite empathetic myself. I am 19 years old and just realized what i am able to do this past year. While it has changed my life and attitude dramatically, it also seems to be changing my coping abilities. It is very hard at times to discern my emotions and thoughts from others, and if there is any advise to be given; i would greatly appriciate it. If you are able to share something helpful, please email me at xentflamer@aol.com. Thank you.

One thing you need to learn as well is not to let the emotion being impressed upon you take over. That has happened and if it's very strong it can really mess with you...sometimes for days....

and i was woundring can any of you feel others emotions?

isn't that called compassion??

it is possible to feel others emotion by compassion , but that is just a sort of hunch or vibe you get from the way they are acting . Empathy lets you feel/sense everyones true feelings even if they are best actor in the world . Much like how it is possible to guess what someone is thinking by looking at them but telepathy is much more accurate .

Think of empathy as compassion on crack that you cant really get rid of unless you sheild , which is only controlling it rather then getting rid of it .

There is also a normal non psi term for empathy .

i am NOT an empath!!! in my opinion empath skills are learned through life experiences. I can usually perdict if someone is angry, happy or up to no good through past experiences, body language and facial expression. not only that but the way they act with other people is another factor. sometimes a person's personality can give it away too.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

i think i might be...im extremely sensitive to those sort of things, i always know how people are feeling, and i agree, its not nice at all when you're around negative energies, sometimes i wonder why im feeling upset for no reason and it'll turn out that someone near me is or whatever..

like the other day, it was so strange, i asked someone just a usual question and i got a usual answer but damn, i suddenly felt bang of emotion when the person answered, and i swear it wasnt mine, maybe it was his but it was not mine, it was so intense and mixed, ive never felt anything like it...for no reason! ohmy.gif

take care,

Catt

I may actully have a slight bit of empathic abilities then... me and my mother can hardly stand being around large groups of people in places like malls and morgues ect... all the anxiety and frustration seems to seep into us... its just a sort of negative feeling like im being mentally drained

More importantly you will have to learn how to control your own emotions more then the average person

Am I to assume, from the many heated debates you and I have, where you often seem to lose your temper, that this was not a lesson you learned to well during your 'stint' as an empath? rolleyes.gif

Well I must say I have a great deal of empathy , I can even go as far as feeling psychosamtically (sp?) induced pain . If my husband hurts I feel it if my child has wiggly teeth I feel it . When in a room yes I feel others emotions , but none of this appers to be particularly special or unusuall .

The term Empath appears to be a very recent term .Infact it is near impossible to find any information on the subject other than claims to it made on the internet . This to me places it in the same catagory as elchupacabara .... Nonsence made up when one person coined a fraze that made others feel as though they where special,and so adopted it .

Here is anothe phenominon that has been expanded due to the common media. Empathy was relatively unheard of until a little TV show called Star Trek: the next generation.

And Like Close Encounters of the Third Kind spawned a higher number of Grey sightings ST:TNG spawned a larger number of 'empaths'. Leaveing those that had the gift but did not talk of it looking like the same kooks that claim to have it.

Hmm thanks, I don't know if i would call them kooks. I am a big fan of Star trek TNG, But even before that i knew that i could feel others emotions (just on lower basis). I belive it was TNG that told me what i had though i was INSANE wacko.gif for a while. Or Mybe i am a kook OR NOT