Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

M&M's

isleepwithlightson

It never occured to me until last night to post this question. I hope some of you may know what this is.

OK- This is a bit strange but true. I can close my eyes and hover my hand over a row of M&M's and ALWAYS tell which ones are the red ones. I get a very small temperature variation on my palm's. The red ones feel "hot" but not really hot at all it is kind of like, oh, I don't know how to explain it.

I can not tell the colors of the other M&M's so I always assumed it had something to do with the color red or the dye used to make the color. I never thought anything about it until my husband saw me do this and asked me not to do it anymore, because he said it was weird sad.gif

Does anyone know what this is

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• isleepwithlightson

• Pinecone

• ScreaminEagle

Can you do this with any other objects of various colors? ie strips of cloth, or peices of plastic? Try it with you childs wooden or plastic building blocks of different colors. Maybe it has to do with the light being reflected off the different colors. Possibly that could exlpain the "heat-like sensation". I think you should keep this up when your husband isn't around. In fact, I believe you should try to advance it.

Colors can be sensed via the skin. It's been proven in experiments with blindfolded people placed in rooms of different colors. It's known that colors effect mood, but these experiments indicated that just being in a well lit room of a certain color would have the same effect whether or not you could see the color.

Can someone tell me what colors represent which mood? As I have decorated my Living room with mostly greens, I would like to know what mood I am subconsiously projecting.

Red/orange decor is used to make a room "feel" warm

Blue is used to make the room "feel" cool

i think green makes you feel natural but i'm not all up on that subject >_>

Can someone tell me what colors represent which mood? As I have decorated my Living room with mostly greens, I would like to know what mood I am subconsiously  projecting.

Green is a relaxing colour. Maybe your subconscious is telling you to calm down.

Thanks for your opinions on the subject. I think it must be the color, the way light reflects off red and all that Physics stuff that I jus' don't understand. Oh, well. It still makes for a cool party trick. thumbsup.gif

isleepwith the lights on ,

it sounds like a form of synethesthesia (my spelling is attrocious ) .Lets see what I can find , there is a thread around here somewhere ..

Found it!! thumbsup.gif

isleepwith the lights on ,

it sounds like a form of synethesthesia (my spelling is attrocious ) .Lets see what I can find , there is a thread around here somewhere ..

Thanks a bunch Kismit, grin2.gif

I think you may have helped me discover something new about myself. I will do more research on the subject. After I read that story I found things that I have always done that I never related to eachother. I often get Deja Vu' feelings when i smell certain odors. And different things of that nature. BTW I read you old post on the subject. It is funny when I was about 8 or 9 my mom and I were at a stop light and I asked her "Is the red you see, the same as the red I see?" She was dumbfounded that I even thought to ask such a question. I always figured that if you are taught colors, it may be posible for each person to be "seeing" different "colors" but that it is called red, green, or yellow. So you accept is as so. But whenever I try to explain this quasi "theory" to people they don't get it. I find that happens a lot. I can't express clear enough what I am thinking for other people to understand.

Anyway, thank you again for the wonderful insight Kismit! thumbsup.gif

whenever I try to explain this quasi "theory" to people they don't get it.

I know what you mean Isleepwiththelightson , it's hard for us people who have the Quasi Mojo ..... huh.gif

I'm almost ashamed to have posted that pathetic joke ........ almost wink2.gif

whenever I try to explain this quasi "theory" to people they don't get it.

I know what you mean Isleepwiththelightson , it's hard for us people who have the Quasi Mojo ..... huh.gif

I'm almost ashamed to have posted that pathetic joke ........ almost wink2.gif

Lot's of people have the same thought. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that.

I can do a similar thing... only with rocks! I can pick the sapphires out of a jumble with uncanny accuracy. To me, they just 'feel' different. Very soothing, and very relaxing is how i would describe the sensation.

Also: try this! Close your eyes, and let that 'feeling' sense take over. You can 'see' things. You can walk down a street and not bump into things because as you approach a car, you'll "see/hear/feel/taste" it. It's wild, and it creeps out my family. Most amusing!

:B

• 1 month later...

sleep,

I think you might just be sensing energy paths my brother can put his hand over certain plants and feel their vibrations. So maybe your just picking up the energy of something.

Happy Holidays wink2.gif

• 1 month later...

As a kid I too remember asking a friend of mine if the blade of grass we each saw was the green that I was looking at or if to him it would be my interpretation of red. Very cool! Why do people wonder the same things without any for-knowledge?

It is funny when I was about 8 or 9 my mom and I were at a stop light and I asked her "Is the red you see, the same as the red I see?" She was dumbfounded that I even thought to ask such a question. I always figured that if you are taught colors, it may be posible for each person to be "seeing" different "colors" but that it is called red, green, or yellow. So you accept is as so. But whenever I try to explain this quasi "theory" to people they don't get it.

haha, i tried to explain that to my mom the other day.....she just gave me a wierd look. I think i lost her at " is red really red?"