Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranormal equipment / tactics

lone wolf2

Im trying to start a place for ghost hunters to talk about equipment and there limitations.

and ask questions on how to work around them.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lone wolf2

• Sakari

• outsider39

• ShadowofaDoubt

That sounds like a great idea.Let me know when you get the site going.I have been an investigator for quite some time and I will participate in the discussions.Take care.

It will be a while before I get a sight going. Im limited to my smart phone

Let me know also, I would like you to look at this in detail please:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=222978&hl=

It is very important that each piece of " equipment " be looked at for its original purpose. Get the expert advice from those places / people on said equipment.

You will see what I mean on just EMF's alone.......You may be surprised :)

True we are using equipment Designed for other things And we should know more about them. All digital cameras can pickup ir light. Just not very well due to the ir filter installed on the lens.

thanks for all the links on emf. I wonder if there is an emf meter that shows the frequency?

that way if the reading comes 60 cycles its most likely man made power.

I don't believe that there is a single device used by paranormal investigators that can produce evidence of the paranormal.

Then make us one shadow

First, one would have to prove the existence of said things. Then, we would have to learn what they are, what they are made of, how they " appear" etc.

Then, maybe then, someone could make equipment that is made specifically for that person.

Until then, using equipment designed for certain things, ( especially electrical ) and claiming they work for something not even proven to exist is just assenine.

The things used pick up and measure the energy fields there designed to. What's is causing these fields?

The problem is even if someone can prove they exist would you believe it. Prob not.

Then how do you prove they exist?

Well, since you say " prove ", I suggest this link first....

By the time you have completed this material you should be able to

• define "proof"
  • explain why it is wise to avoid the word "proof" when discussing ideas in science
  • state what the difference is between a law and a theory

First let's get this straight. Proof, as we mean it when we say "prove me wrong", has nothing to do with science. While we might use the word "proof" in science, it is not a scientific idea. Proving is an exercise in logic. The other meaning of the word "proof", as it is used when we refer to whiskey – "this is 90 proof" – actually has its origin in the meaning of the word as we use it in science, but that's a whole different story!

Here's a definition of what it means to prove something: "Proof is arriving at a logical conclusion, based on the available evidence." Notice that this has absolutely nothing to do with being right or wrong. It also has nothing to do with science either, since you can have logical conclusions in Social Studies, English, or any other subject. The word proof is used a lot in law, and the idea isn't a lot different if we use it in science.

In science we collect empirical evidence through the process of experimentation. If we collect enough evidence, we will probably notice patterns or regularities in the evidence, and then we will develop generalizations that describe what we have observed. These generalized descriptions of observed events are called scientific laws.

Source and rest of article link :

http://www.digipac.c...proof/index.htm

The things used pick up and measure the energy fields there designed to. What's is causing these fields?

Tell me what " thing " you are refering to. If you had read the information on EMF's you would be well on your way with Electric magnetic fields.

The problem is even if someone can prove they exist would you believe it. Prob not.

If someone can verify they exist, no, I would not " believe " it.....I would " know " it...... :tu:

Edited by Sakari

Then how do you prove it when you can't use the scientific method.

Why can't you?

And. People wont except any evidence. Cause it hasn't ben proven

Who will not accept any evidence?.....What do you consider " evidence"?

There is a difference between " evidence " and " faith".

And yes emf meters. But they don't tell you what frequency there at. And lots of things cause it. Smart phones set them off randomly depending on up dates and checking email and that thing. Half to turn them off

And yes emf meters. But they don't tell you what frequency there at. And lots of things cause it. Smart phones set them off randomly depending on up dates and checking email and that thing. Half to turn them off

You did not read those links on EMF's..... :no:

There is a lot more to that, I urge you to put aside " paranormal " for now. Study Electro Magnetic Fields ( have I been saying frequencies? ), and study it from a electricians view, not a ghost hunter.

Learn, learn,and learn more.

Ghost hunters do not know a fraction about them.....Neither do I, but I know more then they do :)

Temp-vs-EMF-Graph.jpg

EMFGraphJanLaunch.jpg

Edited by Sakari

Most of that isn't any thing new. I work on tractor trailers for a living. So im dealing with basicly a mobile computer network with gps and mobile l net access. And multiplex singles running the dash