Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Br

eu uk exit thanks for all the fish

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Britain

"British Prime Minister David Cameron's remarks at the end of Juneon a possible referendum on his country's relationship with the European Union have prompted pundits elsewhere in Europe to consider the possibility of the UK leaving the bloc altogether.
Opinions vary on how likely or desirable this is. Some would like Britain to stay in the EU, others consider that the country's eventual departure is all but inevitable, and a third group would positively welcome such a development."

Time for the UK to leave the EU...  Adios, Hasta Lluego, no tears

Link to article (thanks to BBC)  http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-19742182

Edited by keithisco, 01 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

That the three groups existed was hardly news, news would be that somebody quantifies how many really want Britain to stay in.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Adios, Hasta Lluego,

Posted Image

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 01 October 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 01 October 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Britain

"British Prime Minister David Cameron's remarks at the end of Juneon a possible referendum on his country's relationship with the European Union have prompted pundits elsewhere in Europe to consider the possibility of the UK leaving the bloc altogether.
Opinions vary on how likely or desirable this is. Some would like Britain to stay in the EU, others consider that the country's eventual departure is all but inevitable, and a third group would positively welcome such a development."

Time for the UK to leave the EU...  Adios, Hasta Lluego, no tears

Link to article (thanks to BBC)  http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-19742182

Nope, none from this end.

Read this on the BBC website :-

Labour leader Ed Miliband's close ally Jon Cruddas said last week that the policy review he is chairing would look at the case for an in/out referendum.

But former leader Lord Kinnock described such a vote on Europe as "a gigantic distraction (which) would disable political and economic activity in the rest of the EU".

Now I wonder why Mr Kinnock would say that. :whistle:

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 October 2012 - 07:31 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,585 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Quite a lot of Countries happily survive without having the strain and worry of Europe to contend with.I reckon most Brits are sick of coming to their rescue,every few years.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#6    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,654 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 01 October 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Quite a lot of Countries happily survive without having the strain and worry of Europe to contend with.I reckon most Brits are sick of coming to their rescue,every few years.
Is this a rhetorical rescue you speak of ?
Can you explain when and how that actually happened.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#7    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

to be honest i hope britain doesnt leave the eu i hope they kick us out and start charging leveys on anything we import or export to/from them .after all after all the abuse we give europe im sure quite a few of them would like to see us living on scraps and we probably deserve it.

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

to be honest i hope britain doesnt leave the eu i hope they kick us out and start charging leveys on anything we import or export to/from them .after all after all the abuse we give europe im sure quite a few of them would like to see us living on scraps and we probably deserve it.

If the UK is capable of being self sufficent, which it is, then there simply is no need for globalism.

If we do need trading partners whats wrong with our own kind - US, Canada, Austrailia and the Commonwealth?

#9    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postsmurf0852, on 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Wow, you really do fit the stereotype of a lefty liberal, i.e. somebody who despises their own country .

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#10    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 02 October 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Wow, you really do fit the stereotype of a lefty liberal, i.e. somebody who despises their own country .
Lol yea lefty but not liberal . I just see the country for what it is a massive compost heap with the biggest weeds climbing to the top and leaving most behind to rot .

#11    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,585 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 01 October 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Is this a rhetorical rescue you speak of ?
Can you explain when and how that actually happened.

Br Cornelius
  WW 1, WW 2, What would have happened if the U.K. had not had treaties to come to the rescue of Euro countries who had been invaded ?.plus the fact that we are pumping millions into the Common Market.Yet europeans seem to take a great delight in "bashing" us when ever they feel like it, and we still go to their aid.Only a few countries are Friends in the sense of the word,the rest are allies because they need us.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#12    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,772 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

The UK only ever joined the common market thinking they could shape the Union seeing how we are unable to shape the Union based on the combined efforts of France and Germany to run the show the UK as always been playing second fiddle or third fiddle. plus you have to take in the mentality of Island nations they by default see themselves as cut off from the mainland countries.

The UK agreed to the common market, nothing more. over the decades we've been lead down the garden path by weak political leaders. there is absolutely no need to worry. the UK leaving will have no impact. the UK will carry on and so will the EU. there will be no hard feelings towards Europe from us, but you can bet the bitter and twisted EU will do their upmost to throw a spanner in our works. how dare a country think it can go it alone, how dare they should leave the EU. that will grind their gears.  

but in all honesty i doubt such a vote will take place on us leaving the EU. the politicians are to still to weak. i fear we'll be absorbed further into the EU over the coming decades to a point whereby we 'd struggle to leave and become almost impossible, we've seen the great nations of the bygone era fall into the clutches of the EU. we've seen countries heads of government replaced by EU apparatchiks in Italy and Greece and no-one batted an eyelid.

i can only hope that a vote does take place, and we once again have a fully independent United Kingdom.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#13    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 02 October 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

The UK only ever joined the common market thinking they could shape the Union seeing how we are unable to shape the Union based on the combined efforts of France and Germany to run the show the UK as always been playing second fiddle or third fiddle. plus you have to take in the mentality of Island nations they by default see themselves as cut off from the mainland countries.

The UK agreed to the common market, nothing more. over the decades we've been lead down the garden path by weak political leaders. there is absolutely no need to worry. the UK leaving will have no impact. the UK will carry on and so will the EU. there will be no hard feelings towards Europe from us, but you can bet the bitter and twisted EU will do their upmost to throw a spanner in our works. how dare a country think it can go it alone, how dare they should leave the EU. that will grind their gears.  

but in all honesty i doubt such a vote will take place on us leaving the EU. the politicians are to still to weak. i fear we'll be absorbed further into the EU over the coming decades to a point whereby we 'd struggle to leave and become almost impossible, we've seen the great nations of the bygone era fall into the clutches of the EU. we've seen countries heads of government replaced by EU apparatchiks in Italy and Greece and no-one batted an eyelid.

i can only hope that a vote does take place, and we once again have a fully independent United Kingdom.

If Britain was ever on its knees then why would we join the EU anyway?

Surely we'd become the 53rd, 54th and 55th states of the US?

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 02 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#14    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 02 October 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

WW 1, WW 2, What would have happened if the U.K. had not had treaties to come to the rescue of Euro countries who had been invaded ?.plus the fact that we are pumping millions into the Common Market.Yet europeans seem to take a great delight in "bashing" us when ever they feel like it, and we still go to their aid.Only a few countries are Friends in the sense of the word,the rest are allies because they need us.
Well as far as WWII goes if we had sat back and watched Europe burn you can bet that we would have been next. Remember hitler considered our army destroyed in France so he turned his attention to the USSR .if we hadn't got involved the chances are he would have turned all his military might against us before he went east the result of which would have been our country's total destruction.

#15    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,772 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 02 October 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

If Britain was ever on its knees then why would we join the EU anyway?

Surely we'd become the 53rd, 54th and 55th states of the US?

why have you asked that question?

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users