Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO sighting in Sussex

Anomalocaris

Erm, I watched the video about 8 times and also looked at the accompanying article, yet am struggling to see anything in the video - is it that 'black dot' right at the 9th second of the 9 second long video? :/

• Like 1

Erm, I watched the video about 8 times and also looked at the accompanying article, yet am struggling to see anything in the video - is it that 'black dot' right at the 9th second of the 9 second long video? :/

you are not alone Matt.....I watched it 10 times and can see two planes and one bird.......

Edited by quillius
  • Like 2

Hi there Quillius. :) I thought as much. :cry:

This did make me chuckle:

The images have since been shown to one of Sussex’s top UFO and paranormal investigators

I wouldn't imagine there was more than one? :w00t:

• Like 2

Hi there Quillius. :) I thought as much. :cry:

This did make me chuckle: [/size][/font]

I wouldn't imagine there was more than one? :w00t:

hi there mate, hope you are well by the way and still enjoying the 'lurking' :tu:

you are right, don't think that town is big enough for two :w00t:

you are not alone Matt.....I watched it 10 times and can see two planes and one bird.......

Hi Quill - well your four times ahead of me.

I viewed it six times - agree... two planes - one bird - and five minutes of my life that I'll never get back :-*

• Like 1

The little dot at the very end does seem to shoot in from the left.

• Like 1

Oh - I thought that was a miniscule coffee splat on my screen. Edited by Astra-
  • Like 1

These alienz must be idiots, chasing a party aircraft of a type that had its first flight in 1952.

hmm, will try again, did you note the time (thanks for direction)

These alienz must be idiots, chasing a party aircraft of a type that had its first flight in 1952.

'chasing' is a little assumptious

hmm, will try again, did you note the time (thanks for direction)

The dot appears just after the 9 second mark and is only in the very last few frames, for a fraction of a second. It is definitely moving from left to right.

The dot appears just after the 9 second mark and is only in the very last few frames, for a fraction of a second. It is definitely moving from left to right.

much appreciated, however after 5 more attempts, with the time frame given to me...I still see nothing......maybe time to go home

much appreciated, however after 5 more attempts, with the time frame given to me...I still see nothing......maybe time to go home

Hey Q, I hope you can see it or I will start to think I am seeing things that aren't there!

I rapidly and repeatedly freeze-framed the video from about 8 seconds onward.

I am sure it is there, very quickly moving from left to right. Can someone please confirm this or I will need to pay a visit to a psychiatrist!

Here are all three in one convenient capture.

h44ewPJ.jpg

I'm not referring to the bird that appears during the first few seconds. I am referring to the tiny dot that appears at the very end of the video. It enters from the left about a third of the way down the image, moves horizontally, and reaches about half way across when the video finishes. I would take a screen shot but I can't seem to get that working.

It could be a bug, because the small object moves quickly at the end of the video.

object_zpsmn6vwzv9.png

It could be a bug, because the small object moves quickly at the end of the video.

object_zpsmn6vwzv9.png

I don't doubt there is a simple and down to Earth explanation. I am just glad someone else has seen it! Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Yep, sure there is an earthly explanation. Btw, this vídeo reminded me of a similar case which occurred in South América, in which the flying object turned out to be a bug:

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

Hi Q, ah, I didn't think you might have remembered. Heehee. I have been here quiet some time now (doesn't it go fast?) and still enjoying reading and lurking. :-)

I saw that dot at the end of the video but it looks very 'artifact-esque'. I wonder if there is a longer video available? That would surely allow us to garner a lot more information as to what it is. For example, it is very difficult to tell if it stops moving prior to the video ending or it's the end of the video that makes it appear to stop?

Edit reason: autocorrect thinks it knows best!

Edited by Matt Vinyl

Hey Q, I hope you can see it or I will start to think I am seeing things that aren't there!

I rapidly and repeatedly freeze-framed the video from about 8 seconds onward.

I am sure it is there, very quickly moving from left to right. Can someone please confirm this or I will need to pay a visit to a psychiatrist!

No problem Derek, I am confident it is me not you........I am calling for an appointment now!

Hi Q, ah, I didn't think you might have remembered. Heehee. I have been here quiet some time now (doesn't it go fast?) and still enjoying reading and lurking. :-)

I saw that dot at the end of the video but it looks very 'artifact-esque'. I wonder if there is a longer video available? That would surely allow us to garner a lot more information as to what it is. For example, it is very difficult to tell if it stops moving prior to the video ending or it's the end of the video that makes it appear to stop?

Edit reason: autocorrect thinks it knows best!

Always remember mate, just forget my manners sometimes.....speak soon.

• Like 1

There were literally hundreds of thousands of us there in Eastbourne on the day in question (last Saturday)....all with our eyes to the sky, and all watching the Vulcan.

If there had have been a UFO sighting, then it would've been widely corroborated. This, unfortunately, is nothing to get excited about.