Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Cops Foil Potential Pokémon Masacre

Anomalocaris

Two men who drove from Iowa to Boston for the Pokémon World Championships were arrested Friday after seemingly threatening violence over social media against attendees of the event, according to the Boston Police Department.

Boston Police Arrest Two Pokémon Players After Apparent Gun Threat Against World Championships

They will be in for a different kind of poking man in prison.

• Like 2

Gotta catch them all, I guess. ;)

• Like 2

Boston police thwart possible shooting at Pokemon game competition

Two men linked to violent threats directed over social media at people attending the Pokemon World Championships in Boston were arrested last week on suspicion of illegally possessing an AR-15 rifle, shotgun, and hundreds of bullets, police said on Sunday.

The men, 18-year-old Kevin Norton and 27-year-old James Stumbo, were stopped as they tried to enter the event on Thursday at Boston's Hynes Convention Center, the Boston Police Department said.

Detectives learned they had toted a 12-gauge shotgun, an AR-15 rifle, several hundred rounds of ammunition, and a hunting knife in their car from Iowa, Boston police said in a statement.

Link

YE GODS! I read the title of the thread and thought it was a light piece .... a joke! :o

edited to add: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

They are losers with nothing in life and they think this is the way to leave a mark.

• Like 2

Now that I've read more about what went down I'm thinking there was no imminent massacre. The guns were in the trunk locked away and these guys are frequenters of pokemon competitions.

• Like 3

Now that I've read more about what went down I'm thinking there was no imminent massacre. The guns were in the trunk locked away and these guys are frequenters of pokemon competitions.

whats there not to get here? threats made online, unlicensed and crossing state lines knowingly with weapons, large amounts of ammo, i think it's pretty safe to say the authorities did prevent a potential massacre imminent or not. i hope they are charged to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 2

YE GODS! I read the title of the thread and thought it was a light piece .... a joke! :o

edited to add: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!

Yeah, I know. As a (former ?) Pokemom, I didn't think it could get this far. Although, when my daughter was young and heavily into this, there have a couple of times I had sat down with her to try to understand her obsession with it and try to make her feel better. ( but the card collecting was really mindblowing. She really wanted to collect all the cards! :o ) But she wasn't obsessed to the point as these guys.

I think it's the guys and other issues here I think.

• Like 1

Sad thing is the guys are from my town and the next town over. They frequent the comic book store that I went to way back when I was in college. It takes all kinds I guess...

• Like 1

Yeah, I know. As a (former ?) Pokemom, I didn't think it could get this far. Although, when my daughter was young and heavily into this, there have a couple of times I had sat down with her to try to understand her obsession with it and try to make her feel better. ( but the card collecting was really mindblowing. She really wanted to collect all the cards! :o ) But she wasn't obsessed to the point as these guys.

I think it's the guys and other issues here I think.

I was talking to a coworker and she said her daughter has a set of Japanese pokemon cards and a few of the cards are worth over $5k.
  • Like 1

I'm glad they were caught! We could be sitting here discussing something different.

• Like 2

I feel the same way, guns on the pic are in the boxes they were sold in, looks like they just bought them.

I was talking to a coworker and she said her daughter has a set of Japanese pokemon cards and a few of the cards are worth over $5k.

"Worth"? No way. "Valued at"? Possibly!

• Like 1

Maybe the guys just wanted to do a little duck hunting after the event? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Maybe they thought it was a Muhammad cartoon convention instead? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Maybe they were just getting ready in case they lost the Masters level tournament? :cry:

I am glad that a disaster was averted. Kudos to the security for the event.

• Like 1

I feel the same way, guns on the pic are in the boxes they were sold in, looks like they just bought them.

Ask any nerd. Once you take the toy out of the box, it looses most of its collectible value.

I found an appropriate Magic the Gathering card....

ddbdf059e3d6fa9bbff9df0fba20613e.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder if Police Officer Jenny was involved?

Officer_Jenny.png

• Like 1