Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Capitalism is a Cult

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#16    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,946 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

What is 'bootstrap economics'?

It's the economic philosophy that, "If I pulled myself up by my own bootstraps and become a millionaire, therefore, anyone else can."

I'm not saying you did, I'm just asking if you believe.

#17    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

The only thing wrong with capitalism is the capitalists.  They’re too damned greedy.” - Herbert Hoover

It's true, mainly with big corporations and the mafias - small business owners, not so much in most cases. Small business owners don't always suceed, they have a small chance of making it bigtime and can barely keep their heads above water. But with corporations, much like the mafia, take advantge of people 90% of the time. That's why democrats try to regulate them, keep them from running over people for profits.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#18    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 January 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

We usually do lol  I cant imagine being a 10 yr old in 1982 compared to today. 30 Years wow what change.

The more it changes the more it stays the same.

lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#19    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostPurifier, on 23 January 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

The only thing wrong with capitalism is the capitalists.  They’re too damned greedy.” - Herbert Hoover

It's true, mainly with big corporations and the mafias - small business owners, not so much in most cases. Small business owners don't always suceed, they have a small chance of making it bigtime and can barely keep their heads above water. But with corporations, much like the mafia, take advantge of people 90% of the time. That's why democrats try to regulate them, keep them from running over people for profits.

Whatever!

The D's just like the R's both use the GOV to enrich those who you oppose.

#20    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 January 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

We usually do lol  I cant imagine being a 10 yr old in 1982 compared to today. 30 Years wow what change.

Not even 30 years, try even 2 years. I'm turning 21 this year and wow, what a difference even in such a small period of time. We can't do what used to be done 30 years ago (move out, buy a house, etc). The world has changed in a way you need that actual money trough inheritance. These days it is so much harder to get even a small business to grow and expand. The legal system, control of goods etc is all in the favour of the big companies. A sad reality but that's how it is these days.

To be honest whether it is 2 years or 30, all I am seeing is social degradation. More steps back than steps forward in that aspect.

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

http://en.wikiquote....i/James_Madison

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#22    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Not even 30 years, try even 2 years. I'm turning 21 this year and wow, what a difference even in such a small period of time. We can't do what used to be done 30 years ago (move out, buy a house, etc). The world has changed in a way you need that actual money trough inheritance. These days it is so much harder to get even a small business to grow and expand. The legal system, control of goods etc is all in the favour of the big companies. A sad reality but that's how it is these days.

To be honest whether it is 2 years or 30, all I am seeing is social degradation. More steps back than steps forward in that aspect.

I see a more right wing stance now even with Obama. The 70-80`s were very liberal after the botched vietnam war crap.  Being 10 in 1982 was freedom pure.

#23    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 January 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

Work would get done... haha.... The self made self employed individual achieves their goal by working and learning from others.

I think that was my, "You didn't build that moment',.

lol

#24    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 January 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Whatever!

The D's just like the R's both use the GOV to enrich those who you oppose.

Some Dem's do, yes...but not all. Depends on what type of Democrat your talking about, conservative, moderate, progressive. (Btw, I'm not a Democrat, Republican or Libertarian. And don't care to be.)

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#25    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I see a more right wing stance now even with Obama. The 70-80`s were very liberal after the botched vietnam war crap.  Being 10 in 1982 was freedom pure.

The problem with today is people letting the government walk all over them.

#26    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,946 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I was 20 in 1982, and I wasn't old enough to understand Vitnam, what the hell do you know?

I'm a western Canadian, recently relating to, 'Silver Thong' a guy in Calgary, and 'Acidhead', a guy in Victoria, B.C. who purport to tell Americans, "How it is."

Are you guys Americans living in Canada telling other  Americans how to live, or are you just Canadians telling Americans how to live?

#27    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

View PostOrcseeker, on 23 January 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

The problem with today is people letting the government walk all over them.

Bingo but what party is to blaime. The same one as there is no differece or the people that don`t care enough to demand transparity not with the the government as much as those that need to pay 2 billion dollars to get a president elected.

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,916 posts

View Postjugoso, on 23 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Capitalism is a cult. It is devoted to the ideals of privatization over the common good, profit over social needs, and control by a small group of people who defy the public's will. The tenets of the cult lead to extremes rather than to compromise.
Capitalism is an economic theory.  It is devoted to the ideals of private property for the common good, profit for social needs, and control by a nation of free individuals who in their own measure determine the public's will.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

I question whether today's capitalism can still be called capitalism and that is has fundamentally morphed into something very different

#30    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 23 January 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

I was 20 in 1982, and I wasn't old enough to understand Vitnam, what the hell do you know?

I'm a western Canadian, recently relating to, 'Silver Thong' a guy in Calgary, and 'Acidhead', a guy in Victoria, B.C. who purport to tell Americans, "How it is."

Are you guys Americans living in Canada telling other  Americans how to live, or are you just Canadians telling Americans how to live?

It would be called interested and willing to read about it more than the vast majority of Americans themselves not having one clue about what we speek. Sad to see Canadians concerned about the American condition as my friend  one day it will effect you.  It already has.  Or are you trying to tell me my political opinion unless Im an American counts. If thats the case the Americans better close every base around the world imposing theres.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 23 January 2013 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users