Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tensions between Japan and China/South Korea

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostLegaia, on 25 August 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

China is certainly the proverbial wild card here because of their economic situation. In a hypothetical war between Japan and China, I honestly can't predict what the U.S. and its buddies would do in terms of sides. Scary stuff, indeed!
Japan is considered one of our closest allies,next to the UK,and then Israel .We would have to get involved,is my guess.
Our general relation with China are ok,and much stronger than they are with Korea ,but China is now the other super power,not Russia .
Given my inclinations ,this is very disconcerting for me,overall .

Miss me?

#17    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 August 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

Japan is considered one of our closest allies,next to the UK,and then Israel .We would have to get involved,is my guess.
Our general relation with China are ok,and much stronger than they are with Korea ,but China is now the other super power,not Russia .
Given my inclinations ,this is very disconcerting for me,overall .

Yes but the U.S. is so far in debt with China, and even if we weren't, our economies are so closely linked that it probably would only take a couple sanctions from China to change the U.S.'s mind. The same can be said about the Japanese and American economies, but nowhere near the extent of U.S. and China.

#18    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,155 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostLegaia, on 25 August 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Yes but the U.S. is so far in debt with China, and even if we weren't, our economies are so closely linked that it probably would only take a couple sanctions from China to change the U.S.'s mind. The same can be said about the Japanese and American economies, but nowhere near the extent of U.S. and China.

Well I think that China is the country that is on the edge. hey need to make 250K jobs a month, or something like that, just to stay even and a repressed world economy means less demand which means the razor edge balance in China starts to tip.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#19    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Man seems like China is having territorial issues with just about all their neighbours.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostCorp, on 25 August 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Man seems like China is having territorial issues with just about all their neighbours.

Pretty much .So soon everyone forgets Taiwan ,and Tibet is still terrorized .

Miss me?

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostLegaia, on 25 August 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

We won't let them attack Japan . Never happen . Our ties with Japan go far deeper .

Miss me?

#22    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,447 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 August 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

We won't let them attack Japan . Never happen . Our ties with Japan go far deeper .
Yes, because what America needs is to get involved in a shooting war with the largest airforce in the world.

#23    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 26 August 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Yes, because what America needs is to get involved in a shooting war with the largest airforce in the world.
n
Chinese military doesn't come close to matching the US.  That said, a shooting war would not be good for the world.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#24    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostMerc14, on 26 August 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

n
Chinese military doesn't come close to matching the US.  That said, a shooting war would not be good for the world.
What everyone overlooks,is the chinese army is heavily trained i hand to hand combat.They also outnumber us by millions .
They would turn it into an on land face to face confrontation,and we would lose .,badly .
And its fool hardy to just say,..oh. gee,one of our biggest allies,gosh ,let another country attack them .No problem .

Miss me?

#25    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 August 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

What everyone overlooks,is the chinese army is heavily trained i hand to hand combat.They also outnumber us by millions .
They would turn it into an on land face to face confrontation,and we would lose .,badly .
And its fool hardy to just say,..oh. gee,one of our biggest allies,gosh ,let another country attack them .No problem .

I don't see an invasion of chinese mainland, sea war is most likely and repulsing a chinese invasion of Taiwan.

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostMerc14, on 26 August 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I don't see an invasion of chinese mainland, sea war is most likely and repulsing a chinese invasion of Taiwan.
Possibly ,and I never meant we invade mainland China. I would see them trying to land on American shores first .

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-08-26_AM

Miss me?

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Miss me?

#28    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 August 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Possibly ,and I never meant we invade mainland China. I would see them trying to land on American shores first .

Our Navy is so far superior in all respects that it would be a suicide mission.

#29    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostMerc14, on 26 August 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Our Navy is so far superior in all respects that it would be a suicide mission.

All it would take is for another Pearl Harbour type attack then there is no US navy for them to worry about

It's not all about superiority, it is also about tactics and the will to win

Posted Image

#30    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 26 August 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

All it would take is for another Pearl Harbour type attack then there is no US navy for them to worry about

It's not all about superiority, it is also about tactics and the will to win

Agreed but this isn't 1941.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users