Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO - My experience

DoubtfulFire495

Okay, so I've had two experiences with UFOs in my lifetime. What's inspired me to post about them is that the second experience happened just last night. Though that one was unnerving, my first experience was borderline traumatizing, and so I've always been hesitant to talk about it because frankly it scared the sh** out of me. I've done my best to draw a few simple pictures of what I saw.

The first experience took place in Plymouth, CT. A couple friends of mine live on this little lake community in Plymouth. It sits atop a small mountain just a 15 minute drive from where I live. It was pretty late out, no longer daylight but the sky was a twilight blue and you could still see pretty clearly. We were swimming out in the middle of the lake by a sandbar, just talking and hanging out. The funny thing is, we were discussing a notorious slew of UFO sightings from the day before that had taken place in Waterbury, about 20 minutes from us. It had made the news and we were a little freaked out by it. After a half hour or so discussing this, I noticed over the horizon of the tree tops something hovering. It looked like some sort of aircraft. I can't say it was exactly disc shaped since it wasn't super flat, but it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. It had yellow lights in a sort of ring around its width, blinking slowly. But what unnerved me the most was how it was rotating clockwise (turning towards the right but remaining in the same spot). I had never seen any aircraft just hover and spin like that before.

I was a little freaked out, but honestly I was young at the time and just wanted to pretend like it wasn't happening. I didn't say anything at first. Then one of my friends said, "Uh... guys? What is that?" I told her I didn't know but it was freaking me out, and almost as soon as I said it, the object began to hover towards us. It wasn't going fast, it wasn't going slow, just a steady approach. To put it bluntly, all three of us freaked the **** out. We screamed and began to swim frantically for the shore, away from the craft, doing whatever we could to scramble away from it. It flew right over our heads. At first it made no noise, but just about the time it was above us it emitted the vacuum-like roar one would expect of an aircraft. It also seemed to change shape. Once it was overhead, it no longer appeared to be 'disc' like but instead was a triangle, and the lights were on the bottom. It flew right over our heads and flew away.

Our families tried to reassure us that what we saw was probably just a fighter jet. I honestly don't know what to think. It felt like a scene out of a movie when it was happening. If I hadn't been there myself, I would've accepted the fighter jet theory without pause. Whether it was of this world or not will probably never be answered.

Here is a drawing of what I saw, from my POV in the lake. I added the houses with details like windows and doors to give you a perspective on size.

post-141374-0-66348200-1376234057_thumb.

I'm having issues uploading the other two pictures so I'll get those up as soon as I figure it out.

The second experience, which was last night, happened while I was driving a friend to the store. We were passing through Terryville, CT on Main Street, and my friend said "Dude, look at the sky." I glanced to my left to see a row of about eight bright orange lights. I think I had a little bit of a PTSD flashback from the first experience because I started to have a panic attack, thinking the lights were all a part of one big thing. However, as we continued down the street the lights changed formation at impressive speeds, which helped to calm me down. At that point I thought, Phew, okay, so it's not a giant spacecraft or anything, but what are they? We watched the lights a few moments more before our errand took us down different roads. Later on, after returning from the store, we searched for the lights but they were gone.

I will try to get those drawings up soon. I'm also searching for news articles on those Waterbury sightings, they may still be around the internet somewhere.

• Like 1