Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

UKIP 'Now The UK's Third Largest Party'


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 17 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

No surprise there.

1: And in the meantime? If we deported eeryone that provided skilled services that weren't lifelong British, we'd have a big problem that would need to be soled now, not 2030 years down the line.
2: First and forever, we ned parents that treat their kids correctly that should be paramount, instead of the makeup of the family. as for stable family environments, how would you define them exactly? Theres some jobs where a parent could be away for etended periods (ie the army) and some jobs where someone could run thee risk of being seriously injured or killed (army again, the rescue services etc). Also parents can be lost by accident or disease which would, of course, impact the child. You also can't make people stay together for the kids' because that can make thingss worse. Most kids bought up in a family without both one parent (or one gender of parent) often have a substitue in place for the gender in which they lack.

So sorry, but ensuring (or enforcing) kids to have stable environments is neigh impossible unless you're willing to snatch people from their families the moment something bad happens. Which, of course most people are not willing to sign off on because they're just not that heartless.

So, personally most pro-family stuff doesn't come off as having families or chiildren in mind, but instead is mostly concerned with having children in some unrealistic ideal of a family.

3: I agree that crime needs a deterrent but I can't agree that capital punishment is it. But if it did come back, I'd only be comfortable if there was 100% certainty that people sentanced to it were guilty and that it'd be very limited in its use (ie, only used for the 'big' crimes).

1. I didnt say deport the ones already here.
2. A child learns different skills from its mother and father. Therefore it needs both role models to learn from. Two guys, two women, parents than cant be bothered with it and single parents dont equip them with the right life skills. Its leads to dysfunctional children with a range of problems from personality disorders to problems socialising. If it will make you happy (for your circumstances) parenting lessons could be provided by the state so the adults know what they should be doing.
3. I agree with big crimes getting execution. It should be reserved for those we dont want to rehabilitate and admit back into society.


#32    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 17 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

1. I didnt say deport the ones already here.
2. A child learns different skills from its mother and father. Therefore it needs both role models to learn from. Two guys, two women, parents than cant be bothered with it and single parents dont equip them with the right life skills. Its leads to dysfunctional children with a range of problems from personality disorders to problems socialising. If it will make you happy (for your circumstances) parenting lessons could be provided by the state so the adults know what they should be doing.
3. I agree with big crimes getting execution. It should be reserved for those we dont want to rehabilitate and admit back into society.

1. Hmmm
2: Like I said, which you missed, is that people in those families often have a subsitute. I was in a single parent family, but my grandfather took the role my dad would use. In every other single parent fmily a grandparent has stepped in to fill that role.

The reality you have to realise is that these types of families exist and there's no getting rid of them. You're just proving my point, that pro-family really means anti-family because all you're concerned with is one type of family and the rest can go screw themselves in your eyes. You're not interested in the kids in those families in the slightest.

3: At least that's something we semi-agree on. However I think that it should be those that can't be rehabilitated, not those that we don't want to (which, to be honest, ust sounds lazy).

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#33    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 17 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

1. Hmmm
2: Like I said, which you missed, is that people in those families often have a subsitute. I was in a single parent family, but my grandfather took the role my dad would use. In every other single parent fmily a grandparent has stepped in to fill that role.

The reality you have to realise is that these types of families exist and there's no getting rid of them. You're just proving my point, that pro-family really means anti-family because all you're concerned with is one type of family and the rest can go screw themselves in your eyes. You're not interested in the kids in those families in the slightest.

3: At least that's something we semi-agree on. However I think that it should be those that can't be rehabilitated, not those that we don't want to (which, to be honest, ust sounds lazy).

2. I look at your ideas about family, I look at our broken society and I see one causing the other. I see the liberal-social version of the family unit as being the driving force behind our problems. In fact I'm even going to blame the recent American shooter as being caused by it.

3. If someone commits an disgraceful crime I dont think they should be rehabilitated even if its possible. The victims family should get 30 minutes alone with the culprit and then he/she should be taken out and strung up.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 17 December 2012 - 10:27 PM.


#34    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 17 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

2. I look at your ideas about family, I look at our broken society and I see one causing the other. I see the liberal-social version of the family unit as being the driving force behind our problems. In fact I'm even going to blame the recent American shooter as being caused by it.

3. If someone commits an disgraceful crime I dont think they should be rehabilitated even if its possible. The victims family should get 30 minutes alone with the culprit and then he/she should be taken out and strung up.

2: What ideas about the family?Oh wait, you mean reality? I'm sorry, but you're just looking for something to blame and who is it? Families.

And wow, I really can't believe you've said that. Of all the low things you could say. But it's you. So, unfortunately, I'm not surprised you'd turn a tragedy into something to support you. You're a lot like the westboro baptists, you blame everything on 'liberals'  or other families instead of the real causes.

3: Again it very much depends on how you define disgraceful.

Edited by shadowhive, 17 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#35    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,924 posts
  • Joined:16 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 17 December 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

2: What ideas about the family?Oh wait, you mean reality? I'm sorry, but you're just looking for something to blame and who is it? Families.

And wow, I really can't believe you've said that. Of all the low things you could say. But it's you. So, unfortunately, I'm not surprised you'd turn a tragedy into something to support you. You're a lot like the westboro baptists, you blame everything on 'liberals'  or other families instead of the real causes.

3: Again it very much depends on how you define disgraceful.

2. Bad parenting is the usual cause of personality disorders.
3. Sickening.


#36    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,909 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

2. Bad parenting is the usual cause of personality disorders.
3. Sickening.

2: I agree that bad parenting can certainly contribute. But I don't agree with you labelling gay aparents and single parents as automatic bad parents.
3: An awfully vague response there.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#37    Arbenol

Arbenol

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 17 December 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

3. Capital punishment - It does more harm than good not having a deterrant. You might get the odd innocent one but crime is far lower so you do more good than evil.

You might want to compare US states that have the death penalty with those that don't. It clearly isn't a deterrent.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users