Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Telepathy through Time?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,997 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostHugh, on 24 June 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

I've always been fascinated with this idea.

What if the brain could generate tachyon flow?

Don't the theoretical tachyons move faster-than-light (FTL)?

Could they then move backwards in time?

What if we could send information using tachyons (or some other means) to ourselves in the past?

Isn't this from the plot of Prince of Darkness??

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#17    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,302 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostHugh, on 26 June 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Enter "spooky action at a distance". ;)
Appeal to quantum physics :rolleyes:

http://rationalwiki....iki/Quantum_woo

#18    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 03 July 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Isn't this from the plot of Prince of Darkness??

I haven't seen the movie but after reading a summary of the plot of it, yup a similar idea...

I had first read of the idea in a book back in the '80s, I can't remember the title... it has always appealed to me. :)

#19    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 04 July 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Appeal to quantum physics :rolleyes:

http://rationalwiki....iki/Quantum_woo

Ha! Great link. You may be very well right... :)

#20    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,997 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostHugh, on 04 July 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

I haven't seen the movie but after reading a summary of the plot of it, yup a similar idea...

I had first read of the idea in a book back in the '80s, I can't remember the title... it has always appealed to me. :)

If you like the idea of Alice Cooper killing someone with a bicycle frame, watch it. Its brilliant.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#21    Greylorn Ell

Greylorn Ell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostThreewhens, on 23 June 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Hello.

Lately, I've been exploring the phenomenon of retropsychokinesis, which is basically an area of parapsychology that explores whether the human mind has the ability to influence the past.

The idea is basically that instead of using telepathy to send a message across space, you try to send a message across time.

Has anyone ever tried sending messages across time?

Thanks.

When Einstein's relativistic time-dilation equation is solved for velocities greater than the speed of light, it produces what are called "imaginary numbers."  Although these numbers make no physical or intuitive sense, they are used to describe all electromagnetic wave propagation--- for example, radio and TV signals.  An imaginary number also appears in the arcane "Schrodinger Wave Equation" that describes the behavior of atomic matter.  So although the numbers are called "imaginary," they describe the real world.

Interpreting relativistic equations for velocities greater than light speed yields the possibility that information sent at a velocity greater than light speed will travel backwards in time.  Anyone receiving this information will find, eventually, that it came from the future.

Einstein's equations state that matter cannot reach or exceed light-speed.  Embedded within them is the axiomatic belief that light, or other forms of electromagnetic radiation, cannot be transmitted at any other velocity than light-speed-- neither faster nor slower.  But these equations do not necessarily apply to telepathic information.  Because conventional physics does not incorporate telepathy into its paradigms (i.e. blows off the entire notion) it cannot have any formal opinions about the physical mechanisms behind telepathy.

Conventional physics does not know what "telepathic information" is, or how it might be transmitted.  The paper on faster-than-light information transmisstion from which I learned about these ideas got into a 1960's copy of "Science" entirely by mistake.  With luck there are enough people posting or lurking here who have experienced the receipt of precogitive information.

Information transmitted faster than light-speed might explain precognitive experiences.  I have experienced two such events, the first being the Apollo 13 glitch, and the second an airplane crash.  These experiences, plus lots of reading time in the area of paranormal phenomena are enough to convince me that the precognitive experiences of others are every bit as real as mine.

Both personal and objective evidence suggests that information transfers from the future require considerable focus and energy.   The energy seems to come from the emotional level of mind.

The significant precognitive events that I and others have "forseen" were significant enough to have evoked strong feelings from those who participated in the event (i.e. died or were badly frightened), or observers shocked by their observations.  Emotions seem to provide the level, or the kind of energy needed to effect a reverse-time transmission strong enough to be perceived.

Years ago I tried the lottery-winning ploy of transmitting winning numbers back in time to myself.  Didn't work.  I also engaged a friend who would supposedly transmit the numbers.  Didn't work.  My current opinion is that an effective way to transmit winning lottery numbers back to yourself might be to recite the numbers while strapped down to a table, while an angry Chicago Bears linebacker whacks the naked soles of your feet with a bastinado to generate the necessary emotive force.

#22    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 18,669 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

While it is impossible to alter the past because it is now fixed in our linear time line, it is possible to use a form of telepathy to" hook into" and investigate the past. I do this by connecting to the cosmic consciousness which "stores" all memories of the past.By projecting my consciousness into the past, and/ or, by entering the stored consciousness of a past sentient being, I can research past events and times and hold conversations with "people" in the pas.t
PAst consciousness no longer exists in an ongoing or interactive sense so you cant send yourself lottery numbers etc in the past, but you can communicate with the stored consciousness of past beings as they existed. You could tell them the lottry numbers but because they no longer exist interactivley withtat past time they canot acces it to do anything about it. (and it really confuses the stored consciousness, so i avoid letting on who i am or where i am from. I'ts like being in a virtual reality chamber  with those stored memories personalities and experiences. You can also make a close study of past architecture, social habits, clothing, furniture even dance forms, in this way.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#23    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 5,326 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Retrocausality

Feynman, and earlier Stueckelberg, proposed an interpretation of the positron as an electron moving backward in time,[15] reinterpreting the negative-energy solutions of the Dirac equation. Electrons moving backward in time would have a positive electric charge. Wheeler invoked this concept to explain the identical properties shared by all electrons, suggesting that "they are all the same electron" with a complex, self-intersecting worldline.[16] Yoichiro Nambu later applied it to all production and annihilation of particle-antiparticle pairs, stating that "the eventual creation and annihilation of pairs that may occur now and then is no creation or annihilation, but only a change of direction of moving particles, from past to future, or from future to past."[17] The backwards in time point of view is nowadays accepted as completely equivalent to other pictures[citation needed], but it doesn't have anything to do with the macroscopic terms "cause" and "effect", which do not appear in a microscopic physical description.
http://en.wikipedia..../Retrocausality

In other words, a positron (an electron with a positive charge) can be considered a normal electron (negative charge) traveling backward in time, which is equivalent to the consideration of these two being separate particles.

I'm not sure what this has to do with telepathy backward in time, but if information could be sent at superluminal speeds, the information would travel backward in time, negating causality. I don't know how fast telepathy travels, but for me, if telepathy can travel forward in time, why not backward in time, especially as telepathy may behave like Feynman's electrons.

I don't visit here very often, so I don't know much about telepathy and such things.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#24    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 18,669 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 11 August 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Retrocausality

http://en.wikipedia..../Retrocausality

In other words, a positron (an electron with a positive charge) can be considered a normal electron (negative charge) traveling backward in time, which is equivalent to the consideration of these two being separate particles.

I'm not sure what this has to do with telepathy backward in time, but if information could be sent at superluminal speeds, the information would travel backward in time, negating causality. I don't know how fast telepathy travels, but for me, if telepathy can travel forward in time, why not backward in time, especially as telepathy may behave like Feynman's electrons.

I don't visit here very often, so I don't know much about telepathy and such things.
One eminent australian scientist explianed this concept on national radio the other day like this. Even if you could travel at faster than light speed, you could not travel back in time. What you could do (perhaps) would be to "observe" the past, as indeed we observe the past of distant stars as their light reaches us. But we would remain in the present, and only be able to view, and not interact with, the images of the past, as they "came forward" to us

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#25    AlexDimond

AlexDimond

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

Well, I am actually did it several years ago.   One big caution - I was crazy at the time.  Not a permanent state - You can leave it behind for a time.
Subject matter is empathy and telepathy.  Actually, telepathy is just higher energy face of empathy. If you can project emotions while you sane there is a good chance you could transmit telepathically words (and ideas) through space and time while you dopamine level rises and you slowly (or relatively fast ) reach level of   insanity.  I put chance about one third to one half for the telepathy.  ( arbitrary somewhat ).

Dopamine
To raise level of dopamine you could use injection(almost pure neurotransmitter, used to treat Parkinson, I think), beer plus resperdol (resperdol common drug to treat bipolar or schizophrenic disorders, normally  lowers level of dopamine.) and some drugs such as marijuana and speed.

To lower level of dopamine you could use resperdol and/or halidol (perfectly legal drugs, but you need psychiatrist to prescribe it.)

Telepathy was communication through time.  It is rediscovery worthy of Albert Einstein.
In my experience, it is amazing enough.  It redefines structure of time to spiral.
I have proven to myself, beyond the shadow of doubt, that I could reach into a past 1.5 years.  That was interval between two crazy episodes, during or just before which most of my experiments were accomplished.  I expect, it could be repeated by another near crazed person.   Concept of communication through time will win because it will be usefull.

Telepathy is space-time and probably, wormhole phenomenon.
Telepathy should be of interest to physicist because brain in abnormal state could do it.
Means energy-cheap wormholes, power of the mind been on the order of 60 W.
Of course, it means wormholes involved pretty small and not very stable.  I am sure ways around it would be found.

It started, for me, as game,  "Who want to be millionaire".  I yelled answer when I knew correct answer or thought to know correct answer.  And, at least once, I got a feedback on it. And the girl knew answer anyway.  Meredith Viera heard my hint too.  So as a proof you might ask her if she was bothered by telepathy during her show.  I do not guaranty that she will be positive because she did not particularly enjoy experience.  I tried many more times, of course.  Bound to be successful at least couple more times, according to quantum mechanic.   To justify such blatant disregard of rules I must say I was slowly approaching craziness due to rising level of dopamine in my brain and I enjoyed process (not craziness), of course.
That was starting point - because that show was not live and I think, in New York.  It means you could do it with tape of your friend or even without tape as in case with contacting future.

Time and multiple dimensions fascinate me.
A transmission through time could be key for absolutely precise prediction of earthquakes and tsunamis, lottery numbers and stock market ups and downs.
Actually, long-term predictions are possible.  Last time I went crazy I were able to reach 1.5 years into the past…   I got glimpse of the future too – more like phone call  to the wrong number.  Just 3-D picture of laughing boy with background somewhat pixilated.
Boy was seen clearly.  I liked his technology.  Total time 30 or 40 seconds.
I lied to him and, I think, he knew it. But at that moment it was truth as I known it and I was slightly tired.  I said that I do not care about that stuff anymore.  Meaning communications between times.

I think, I was able to do it because of high levels of dopamine in my blood.
Dopamine - because of my illness plus 1mg of respirdol and bottle of beer.

Even partial dominion over time is worthwhile goal.  I know that technology to explore time will be invented.   Energy cheap wormholes through time, even relatively short lived ones, could be drilled using power of brain in slightly abnormal state.  I hope brain could do even better with amplifying "lever". "Artificial eyes" could take output of camera or computer and translate to impulses in visual nerve without direct contact with nerve.
But somebody got to do the work, build machines to communicate through time.  I just want it to happen sooner.  And, may be having a footnote in history books.  I feel like a prophet - I know, what would happen, not how or why.  Maybe you know scientist with a lab interested in this kind of research.

Some explanations
My illness - at best bipolar, at worst schizophrenic.
Any communication through time could be machine (electronic) assisted.
It is half-duplex - one transmitter and another receiver only. Most common for now.
duplex - two or more transmitter-receivers. Mostly communications with a future. (upstream of time)
I guess, I could make two or more people have communication through time by raising dopamine level in their bloodstream and brain.  Downside is driving them crazy a bit after making them psychic. There is hope – you could make two or three transmit ions and then lower dopamine levels drastically to escape crazy episode.  But it is a bit like playing Russian roulette.

Experiences in chronological order
Show “Who want to be millionaire”
See page 1
I have collected some videotape of relatives and one friend to experiment with time.
First time crazy
If you want a prophecy here it is – I saw complex rings around Earth.  I think, it will be build to combat global warming.
I think, those who “visited” me in the time of my craziness had different technology and reminded users of amateur radio. (Hams)
Class A.  Picture and sound – probably directly machine to mind.  You need to speak aloud to be heard on other end. Many instances, there were 5 or 6.
1.Boy and old man facing away from me. Boy turned and just yelled.
2.Old man was just talking to me.  At the end I asked, “what could I ask for from future?”
He answered, “Ask for Stars”.  I was disappointed. – I was hoping for lottery numbers.
3.Man in his 30th was saying “We are such a b*******.”
Class B.  Just sound. Mind to machine to mind.
1.  Just one girl, when she was not happy with my ramblings she squeezed my brain. I stopped saying anything.  I have a feeling that she could have talked much longer.
2.  I asked “What am I?  And answer was schizophrenic.  At least my voice tells me, that I am crazy.

1.5 years passed in between without much in the way of experiments.

Second Crazy (or just before it)
It was an agreement to try to win lottery.  I am projector, he is a receiver and we split money 50/50 in case of win.  There was tape made during first Crazy of him staring at the camera.  Playing “Prisoners dilemma” across time is easy and heartbreaking at the same time if you are upstream from the moment you trying to change.  You could see results already.  To make long story short, he either not heard or heard and not sharing.  Logical thing to do is to withhold information on lottery.  In communication I have told him: who is going to be president (Barack Obama), to hide money under the bed and tons of irrelevant stuff (couple pages worth).  Thankfully he confirmed fact of communication even he did not use much good information I have given him.  It all must seem crazy to him.  He admitted afterwards he would not share even if he won the money.
I got glimpse of the future too – more like phone call to the wrong number.  Just 3-D picture of laughing boy with background somewhat pixilated.
Boy was seen clearly.  I liked his technology.  Total time was 30 or 40 seconds.
I lied to him and, I think, he knew it. But at that moment it was truth as I known it and I was slightly tired.  I said that I do not care about that stuff anymore.  Meaning communications between times.

It is brand new physics - Physics of the brain.
It may come up once in lifetime and you usually either too young or too old.  (quote)
May be some sort of quantum entanglement trough time. –  just a hypothesis floating in the air.  As much as wormholes are.  I do not see much evil coming out of it except disputes over money.  And money do not come out easily.
I want to name communication between times a Cassandra effect.
There is some tenuous evidence that time travel to get small sample or even whole body is possible.  It probably need more power than brain can master. Otherwise it would be neat to raise dopamine level and step into the future.  Obviously, I have not done it yet.

#26    gyan khoji

gyan khoji

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

Hi threewhin . I have my reasons too. But you have not mentioned exactly who are those two people on other website , claiming that they have succeeded and not only once but many times. Are they making fun of this process we r trying to do.

#27    gyan khoji

gyan khoji

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hi three win . plz can tell me about those two guys who are claiming to have done this changing the past procedure  on other websites. Even the name of websites will help

#28    XenoFish

XenoFish

Time Lord

• 5,515 posts

• There is always something wonderful to experience, if you open your mind.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

If your attempting to influence a mind or events in the past, how do you know you did? If an event in the past happened that you wanted to influence (without previous knowledge) wouldn't this just be confirmation bias?

There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in.They must be fought.

People spend all their time making nice things and then other people come along and break them!

#29    gyan khoji

gyan khoji

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 20 September 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

If your attempting to influence a mind or events in the past, how do you know you did? If an event in the past happened that you wanted to influence (without previous knowledge) wouldn't this just be confirmation bias?

#30    gyan khoji

gyan khoji

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostXenoFish, on 20 September 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Influence the mind or events in past. Sir please can give your personal thoughts on the possibility of this .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users