Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Justice Scalia

Gummug

I'm hoping I'm putting this in the right place (rather than in U.S. Politics), but mods feel free to move. Anyway, I don't have any links or even any hearsay, but given the proven viciousness of the Obama administration, does it seem to anyone other than me that Justice Scalia's death is awfully convenient? I've asked several of my friends if they think I'm overboard by suspecting foul play, and I've met with more concurrence than I would have thought. I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything?

P.S. I checked to see if anyone else had already started a topic on this but to my surprise it seemed no one has unless I didn't look far enough.

Im not a big conspiracy guy... but Mr. Poindexter (the man who found the body) stated on the radio yesterday morning that when he found the body, there was a pillow over his face and his arms were crossed over his chest.... anything is possible...

• Like 2

Im not a big conspiracy guy... but Mr. Poindexter (the man who found the body) stated on the radio yesterday morning that when he found the body, there was a pillow over his face and his arms were crossed over his chest.... anything is possible...

"I think enough disclosures were made and what I said precisely was accurate. He had a pillow over his head, not over his face as some have been saying," John Poindexter, owner of the Cibolo Creek Ranch, where Scalia was found, told CNN over the phone. "The pillow was against the headboard and over his head when he was discovered. He looked like someone who had had a restful night's sleep. There was no evidence of anything else."

http://www.cnn.com/2...ries/index.html

• Like 2

The family should be convinced to allow a full autopsy otherwise such rumors will abound forever. The man might have been murdered but the odds are that his age and health led to his death. I just pray that McConnel and co. stand firm and do not allow another uber Lib justice to flip the court for possibly decades. I think that might be the last nail and it might also lead to civil war if they come for the guns. :gun:

• Like 4

IF this were some sort of sinister conspiracy on the part of Obama and his cronies (you know, one of the most lazy POTUS's of all time--he most likely was playing golf at the time), then Obama will have to have had guarantees from a Republican-controlled Senate this his nominee will be confirmed and confirmed quickly. While the Repubs in the Senate are spineless, until I see it happen, I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

A very obese 70-some year old with who knows what unhealthy other habits and arguably the stress of being a Supreme Court justice dies, and it seems suspicious, because Obama is in the White House? Someone is ALWAYS in the White House... It's listed as a likely heart attack, which is not exactly a surprise, given how he looked. Even at 42, if I had a heart attack, I don't think people would be amazed, given my own diet and health.

But to answer the OP literally: YES, it IS awfully convenient, allowing Obama to possibly appoint a new more liberal justice. Is there any indication this was orchestrated by anyone other than Scalia and his obsession with deep fried grease sticks? No.

• Like 2

A very obese 70-some year old with who knows what unhealthy other habits and arguably the stress of being a Supreme Court justice dies, and it seems suspicious, because Obama is in the White House? Someone is ALWAYS in the White House... It's listed as a likely heart attack, which is not exactly a surprise, given how he looked. Even at 42, if I had a heart attack, I don't think people would be amazed, given my own diet and health.

But to answer the OP literally: YES, it IS awfully convenient, allowing Obama to possibly appoint a new more liberal justice. Is there any indication this was orchestrated by anyone other than Scalia and his obsession with deep fried grease sticks? No.

No it seems suspicious because of the statements made by poindexter in the beginning... I heard him on the radio myself on Monday. Its also made suspicious by the fact that the person who declared him dead was not even at the scene when the declaration was made, nor was said person a member of the medical profession... and its also made suspicious by the fact that no autopsy was done... There are major conflicting reports about the demeanor of the deceased the evening before hand... as an investigator (as I am), and given the nature of this case, more should have been done as far as an investigation goes. After reading the reports I can get my hands on I now know that the "investigation" was a complete mess. There are 3 different accounts of what was found and there are actually several people in and around Marfa, all of which have high positions, that are not happy with the way things were handled. A death of this magnitude should have garnered far more attention than it did. Im not saying that this is so grand conspiracy, but I am saying that those involved were negligent in their duties.

• Like 1

John Poindexter???

Oh boy :no:

No it seems suspicious because of the statements made by poindexter in the beginning... I heard him on the radio myself on Monday. Its also made suspicious by the fact that the person who declared him dead was not even at the scene when the declaration was made, nor was said person a member of the medical profession... and its also made suspicious by the fact that no autopsy was done... There are major conflicting reports about the demeanor of the deceased the evening before hand... as an investigator (as I am), and given the nature of this case, more should have been done as far as an investigation goes. After reading the reports I can get my hands on I now know that the "investigation" was a complete mess. There are 3 different accounts of what was found and there are actually several people in and around Marfa, all of which have high positions, that are not happy with the way things were handled. A death of this magnitude should have garnered far more attention than it did. Im not saying that this is so grand conspiracy, but I am saying that those involved were negligent in their duties.

I don't know what you heard or know, and I haven't actually looked into anything about Scalia's death, other than it happened.

But then I read here that Poindexter found the body??? On his high end ranch???

That alone should launch an investigation automatically IMO.

Poindexter is one of the Iran/Contra players that got away not having to answer for his role in it. What he was charged with, sentenced to, and let off from was also ridiculous as well.

This guy should have been rotting in a jail cell, not running a multi million dollar luxury ranch.

Like I say, I haven't looked into any of this at all, and it's entirely possible that an elderly guy finally met his end due to age and health of course... but just the fact that it's Poindexter sets off alarm bells to me that should be looked at more closely.

Just another one of those coincidences that happens with all the Gov players that like it seems to always happen to eh ... Hmmm :whistle:

• Like 2

Scalia died in a luxury hunting ranch. - Has Dick Cheney been questioned yet? :whistle:

• Like 7

The family should be convinced to allow a full autopsy otherwise such rumors will abound forever.

As if any of the conspiracy nutjubs would ever believe an autopsy unless it confirmed their psychotic beliefs...

• Like 1

Ive heard several officials say how they handled this entire situation is very strange. BTW the guy who found him directly said the pillow was over his face. That was back peddled AFTER the fact.

John Poindexter???

Poindexter is one of the Iran/Contra players . . .

No, it's a different John Poindexter. I thought the same thing at first when I heard that name, but I looked into it and it's just a coincidence they have the same name.

John Poindexter, the convicted felon:

220px-Admiral_John_Poindexter,_official_Navy_photo,_1985.JPEG

John Poindexter the Texas ranch owner/businessman:

160214-john_poindexter-11a_0cd3d5fe5e87ab3260147b346e013ef8.nbcnews-fp-360-360.jpg

Edited by Slate
  • Like 1

I haven't heard the radio interview or anything, but if this was a last minute assassination (very poor timing, by the way, unless--CT alert--the Powers That Be know who's going to win the election; why kill him off when there's going to be a change in leadership by this time next year), who did it, and how did the theoretical assassin get away with it?

He was 79, and overweight. I'm not suspecting any foul play here.

• Like 1

Justice Scalia spent his last hours with members of this secretive society of elite hunters

By Amy Brittain and Sari HorwitzFebruary 24 at 7:37 PM

https://www.washingt...13e8_story.html

A review of public records shows that some of the men who were with Scalia at the ranch are connected through the International Order of St. Hubertus, whose members gathered at least once before at the same ranch for a celebratory weekend.

Members of the worldwide, male-only society wear dark-green robes emblazoned with a large cross and the motto “Deum Diligite Animalia Diligentes,” which means “Honoring God by honoring His creatures,” according to the group’s website. Some hold titles, such as Grand Master, Prior and Knight Grand Officer. The Order’s name is in honor of Hubert, the patron saint of hunters and fishermen.

elEscorial.jpg

Edited by Slate
  • Like 1

"Secretive Society of Elite Hunters"

This is getting fairly amusing.

• Like 2

So, it's a hunting club that likes to wear pompous clothes and give themselves pompous titles... They're not doing a very good job of being secretive with their website http://www.iosh-usa.com/ I'd post their prominently displayed mailing address straight from their website, but I suspect that might break some forum rules.

I'm not sure what the point here is. Was he assassinated by the Order? Did they come by, somehow knowing he was soon to be gone? Or, just maybe, he was spending a weekend with his friends, going out and shooting at stuff. What's the connection between the least secretive society I've seen in a while and a deceased Supreme Court justice?

• Like 3

What's the connection between the least secretive society I've seen in a while and a deceased Supreme Court justice?

Thin to nothing, at best.

• Like 1