Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My first lucid dream experience

Orcseeker

Ok so this morning was my first lucid dream experience and I have to say it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.

Ok so firstly it started off as your regular dream. I'll begin from where I remember. I was walking down the side of my house, it looked a bit different, americanised. I saw an Obama picture in the window and heard voices of an American accent. I concluded this would have been my house if this were in America.

I walked around to the back and saw my dad through the window, doing squats for some reason inside. My sunroom (to the right corner of the house) had a door facing the back and all had an overall American design and general house layout. As I opened the door and walked in. It occurred to me I was in a dream.

I remembered in the dream a video I watched a few weeks ago about lucid dreaming and when you realised you were in a dream you could do anything. As soon as that thought floated through my mind I turned around and opened the door.

I then began to fly. I remember taking off like a bird. The ground becoming further and further away. I then soured over trees in sheer exhilaration and viewed in awe the tops of buildings, the wind blowing the leaves in the trees and the best feeling of all. The feeling felt like I was free.

It was short lived though, I don't know how time is measured in dreams, I was conscious I was dreaming and I knew it would end once I woke up. I felt myself drifting out a bit during the lucid dream and tried to get back in, to limited success. I eventually woke up. But I will use this experience and try train myself to stay in longer.

I really hope this opportunity arises again. It is like a whole other world of possibilities I haven't even touched before.

• Like 3

I then began to fly. I remember taking off like a bird. The ground becoming further and further away. I then soured over trees in sheer exhilaration and viewed in awe the tops of buildings, the wind blowing the leaves in the trees and the best feeling of all. The feeling felt like I was free.

Amazing isn't it? Almost indescribable in comparison to experiencing it I bet. Congrats on your first lucid dream. :)

I use to dream I could fly and I was always afraid I would fly too high so I would hang onto the tops of power lines or trees.

Amazing isn't it? Almost indescribable in comparison to experiencing it I bet. Congrats on your first lucid dream. :)

Thank you, yes it definitely was. I had a few dreams tonight but only after waking up did I realise damn, I forgot. I tried to go back to sleep and dream again so I could give it another go and had another dream and forgot again. This is hard to get a grasp of. But I am very thankful I got to experience it once. I'd never forget that feeling of freedom.

I use to dream I could fly and I was always afraid I would fly too high so I would hang onto the tops of power lines or trees.

I don't think I even saw any power lines in my dream, just houses, large office buildings and trees. I had no feelings of worry or a single negative reaction from anything.

• Like 1

Nice, next time when you have one try crossing your hands and fall back on the floor you just might go through it and end up in a black void where you can try to convert it to a obe.

We Americans do love our squats lol. Grats on your first lucid dream, they can be really fun. Don't worry too much on forgeting, you will get more chances, mine usually come in spurts, then go away for a couple months, then come back.

Nice, next time when you have one try crossing your hands and fall back on the floor you just might go through it and end up in a black void where you can try to convert it to a obe.

Wow that sounds interesting, will give it a shot next time I have one. A friend of mine said he fell through the floor in a semi lucid dream and woke up.

We Americans do love our squats lol. Grats on your first lucid dream, they can be really fun. Don't worry too much on forgeting, you will get more chances, mine usually come in spurts, then go away for a couple months, then come back.

Hahah so I've heard. Thank you. Im just hoping this isn't a one off but was pretty close to one this morning. I guess I just have to keep trying. It's amazing how it seems to unlock a different part of the mind you never knew existed.

I've also done that, but usually I use trees to guide me as sometimes I'm kind of floating awkardly instead of guided flight. And it wasn't lucid, or at least nothing like others have described. I just remember doing it in the dream.

I really hope this opportunity arises again. It is like a whole other world of possibilities I haven't even touched before.

There are lots of tips and tricks to realize you are in a dream.

Here is one that worked for me

When you are awake throughout the day as often as you can ask yourself if you are dreaming. Don't just answer yourself straight away though. Have a look at your surroundings and check you are awake. Look at your hands and count your fingers (usually you won't be able to in your dreams), try and run on the spot ( I find I run very slow in dreams), punch the air a few times ( when I punch in dreams I feel I don't have much force behind me almost like a force is against me).

If you do this a lot when you are awake and get on a habit, you will find that you will do it in your dreams too. Except when you try in your dream you will realize you are not awake.

This is how I have had my lucid dream experiences.

• Like 1

There are lots of tips and tricks to realize you are in a dream.

Here is one that worked for me

When you are awake throughout the day as often as you can ask yourself if you are dreaming. Don't just answer yourself straight away though. Have a look at your surroundings and check you are awake. Look at your hands and count your fingers (usually you won't be able to in your dreams), try and run on the spot ( I find I run very slow in dreams), punch the air a few times ( when I punch in dreams I feel I don't have much force behind me almost like a force is against me).

If you do this a lot when you are awake and get on a habit, you will find that you will do it in your dreams too. Except when you try in your dream you will realize you are not awake.

This is how I have had my lucid dream experiences.

That's a great idea, I'll certainly take note of that. This morning after missing the opportunity I felt it completely slipped my mind do I probably can't rely too much on simply remembering. If I had another dream if I went back to sleep I think I could have pulled it off. How long can you remain in your lucid dreams? I know there's no way to measure but do they feel like a long time? I wish I could have hung in there a bit longer.

That's a great idea, I'll certainly take note of that. This morning after missing the opportunity I felt it completely slipped my mind do I probably can't rely too much on simply remembering. If I had another dream if I went back to sleep I think I could have pulled it off. How long can you remain in your lucid dreams? I know there's no way to measure but do they feel like a long time? I wish I could have hung in there a bit longer.

Yeah sometimes they are longer than others.

At first they were short.

It seemed if I got too excited I would wake myself up lol.

check this link out it has some helpful hints :)

http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

Edited by tinkerbellekisses

Yeah sometimes they are longer than others.

At first they were short.

It seemed if I got too excited I would wake myself up lol.

check this link out it has some helpful hints :)

http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream

Great link, thanks :) Im not sure why I woke up, just that I was worried about waking up and only then did I start drifting out. I guess I'll have to experiment.

But by the sound of things if I could get to your level that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Ok so this morning was my first lucid dream experience and I have to say it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.

Ok so firstly it started off as your regular dream. I'll begin from where I remember. I was walking down the side of my house, it looked a bit different, americanised. I saw an Obama picture in the window and heard voices of an American accent. I concluded this would have been my house if this were in America.

I walked around to the back and saw my dad through the window, doing squats for some reason inside. My sunroom (to the right corner of the house) had a door facing the back and all had an overall American design and general house layout. As I opened the door and walked in. It occurred to me I was in a dream.

I remembered in the dream a video I watched a few weeks ago about lucid dreaming and when you realised you were in a dream you could do anything. As soon as that thought floated through my mind I turned around and opened the door.

It was short lived though, I don't know how time is measured in dreams, I was conscious I was dreaming and I knew it would end once I woke up. I felt myself drifting out a bit during the lucid dream and tried to get back in, to limited success. I eventually woke up. But I will use this experience and try train myself to stay in longer.

Next time you could be that big dude in your avatar. That would be fun for a few minutes!

• Like 1

Next time you could be that big dude in your avatar. That would be fun for a few minutes!

Now THATS an idea hahah

Congrats.

• Like 1