Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK Irn Bru sales hit new Barr

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:36 PM

UK Irn Bru sales hit new Barr

Scottish drinks giant AG Barr said demand for soft drinks increased despite the poor summer weather.
Both Irn-Bru and Tizer increased their market share and helped lift half year sales to £66.3m.

The Glasgow-based company also said strong marketing and promotional plans for the second half left it well placed to deal with competition from rivals.

Operating profits rose to £7.4m while at the bottom line pre-tax profits were 10% higher at £7.9m.

Barr said the higher bottom line figure reflected the "underlying fundamental strength" of the business.

Chief executive Roger White said: "We made excellent progress across the business in what has been a challenging market."

The hike in turnover reflected a particularly strong performance in Scotland, where Irn-Bru and the diet version of the drink saw a 4% year-on-year increase in sales.

Barr said a change in promotions in England would mean more investment in Irn-Bru in the second half.

The firm employs nearly 1,000 people across the country at sites including Kirkcaldy and Fife.

user posted image

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3698900.stm

And why is this in world Affairs? huh.gif Because I think its a crime that you non-Scots don't know how good this drink is  thumbsup.gif I'm so sorry for you crying.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:39 PM

OH MY GOD.

I had completely forgotten about IRN-BRU. The chewy bar was so good. They don't sell it outside the UK. sad.gif

#3    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

I love Irn Bru...now I am having a craving...need to get to Scotland fast! grin2.gif

#4    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:06 PM

They don't sell it outside the UK. 

I wasn't even aware they sold it outside Scotland huh.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#5    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

Its sold down South but it just doesn't taste the same. original.gif

#6    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

Inferior cash in versions? tongue.gif

#7    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:15 PM

I just found this online, Russian language Irn Bru  laugh.gif

user posted image

#8    gaz

gaz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

And why is this in world Affairs? huh.gif Because I think its a crime that you non-Scots don't know how good this drink is  thumbsup.gif I'm so sorry for you crying.gif
[right] [/right]
[/quote]

i like irn bru

#9    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:33 AM

Maybe one day it will become a global product and people all the way down under like myself can taste this apparently amazing drink!

Edited by AztecInca, 29 September 2004 - 09:33 AM.

#10    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

Maybe one day it will become a global product and people all the way down under like myself can taste this apparently amazing drink!

Aparently Pepsi and Cola have taken legal action in countries like the US to ban Irn Bru from going over there because their scared it'll take over. Don't know about Australia though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users