Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

after death

raider91

There are many different answers to this, but no one is for certain where there gonna go when they die. I wanna know how many views there are on this. No one will judge you on this, but where do you think you will go when you die?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• raider91

• Paranoid Android

• AtlantisRises

THE AFTERLIFE CANNOT BE DESCRIBED BY ANY TONGUE OR DEPICTED BY ANY PEN.

I don't see why people keep asking whats in the afterlife.

Edited by exe11er

The most logical answer is that it will be exactly the same as our condition "before- life." The bible says that we will be "sleeping", and tends to indicate that this will be a period of non dreaming unconsciousness (which sounds a lot like our condition before we are concieved/become aware)

Exe11er

i didnt say that it couldnt be described because no one will know what it truly looks like until you die. I just want to know what you THINK MIGHT be what the afterlife may be like.I already have my view i just want to know other peoples view on afterlife.

Edited by raider91

It won't be bad, but other than that I don't know. I don't really want to know, because it'll ruin the surprise. I don't think it'll be just a place of rest, because that'd get rather boring after an eternity or two.

I already know, because I have been there. It is called the astral plane and it is a parallel dimension to that of the physical.

There are many different answers to this, but no one is for certain where there gonna go when they die. I wanna know how many views there are on this. No one will judge you on this, but where do you think you will go when you die?

First, I would ask what is me? Am I defined as a soul lurking in my body, or am I a sum of all the parts of my body, especially in regards to the workings of the brain? I'd say if I was a soul lurking around in a body, then reincarnation would be my guess for the afterlife or next life. If my thoughts are merely brain functions, then I would say that 'I' would seize to exist after I died, and whatever energy force and matter that makes up my dead body will be 'recycled'. Either way, I just don't believe we will know....like --"Hey, I'm in my next life, whoa....this is different."

I will become worm food.

I will be alive. Then i will be dead. That is it. No continuation, no anything.

Like a light switch. On. Off.

I'm afraid Atlantis' light switch suggestion, blunt as it is, is also the most logical.

Given there have been somewhere in the region of five hundred billion people to have lived on earth (this is assuming humans are the only animals that actually get an afterlife), if every single one of them is going to a certain place after they die, even if we assuming half of them are going to heaven and half to hell...well, they must be getting pretty crowded by now.

Even if we exist only as consciousness, with no physical form, there are still certain ways that energy acts...pour too much energy into a single space, and you'll find that an energetic reaction of some sort takes place. Heaven or Hell would have burst, exploded, or otherwise collapsed at this stage if the souls of the dead really were piling into it.

It's more logical to conclude that we don't go anywhere. When we're dead, we're dead.

I'm afraid Atlantis' light switch suggestion, blunt as it is, is also the most logical.

Given there have been somewhere in the region of five hundred billion people to have lived on earth (this is assuming humans are the only animals that actually get an afterlife), if every single one of them is going to a certain place after they die, even if we assuming half of them are going to heaven and half to hell...well, they must be getting pretty crowded by now.

Even if we exist only as consciousness, with no physical form, there are still certain ways that energy acts...pour too much energy into a single space, and you'll find that an energetic reaction of some sort takes place. Heaven or Hell would have burst, exploded, or otherwise collapsed at this stage if the souls of the dead really were piling into it.

It's more logical to conclude that we don't go anywhere. When we're dead, we're dead.

Not in my opinion. I think that neither opinion is more logical than another, when looked at objectively. That all changes if someone has experienced something(At least to them). We have no way of scientifically testing any of it, so there really is no right or wrong answer. Actually, given the phenomena of NDEs and OBEs, and also astral projection, I'd say it's pretty logical to conclude that we do go on after death. If these experiences are real. And some have been verified as real.

I will be the odd person here. Will go by what I remember from the Bible. Once everyone is judged the new city will come down and replace all the civilizations as we know them. Those that are forgiven will be inside the walls of the new city, singing praises and walking on streets of gold. Even though there are descriptions of hell I remember the Bible talking about people being outside the gates and some were wailing. I think that is hell. Away from God and living in a lawlessness, uncaring society.

Reincarnation of some sort...everything in nature seems to work in circles.

Or we just rot...haven't decided yet. Doesn't really matter now though. Preparingfor death is rediculus...its like buying a new car and thinking of ways to sell it.

my belief is just like rollingthunder06 I believe that there is life after death. HEAVEN OR HELL. I mean why wouldnt there be. What would be the point of life if nothing exists beyond life. Also i believe that people that do horrible things to people such as torturing them and killing people should go to a place where they should be tortured also.

Edited by raider91

In the ground and thats probably it. I really, really hope I am wrong.

Am I the only one that takes a certain measure of comfort in being quite certain there isn't an afterlife at all? The idea of trudging through the better part of a century seems like a pretty daunting task, and I'm bound to be exhausted by the end of it...I think it would be quite nice to just get my affairs on order, say goodbye to my loved ones, and no that I'm not going to have worry about anything from there. Including having to learn how to string a harp.

I mean...eternity? Are you kidding me!? Do you have even the slightest concept of how long eternity is? I don't want that...simple as that. The idea of being dead and staying that way is far more appealing to me than being forced to just...linger...for the rest of existance. Believe me, if there is an afterlife, and it is eternal, then it's hell...even if you go to heaven, you're gonna be in hell.

it wouldnt be a bad thing to live for eternity, if youre in Heaven anyway, as said in revelation 21:3-4

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” :innocent:

I can't honestly say I don't think a lack of sorrow would make me feel any different...I'd still be stuck in the same place for all of eternity. Just because God's handing out the prozac wouldn't stop me going crazy. No thank you...I much prefer the idea of simple oblvion.

Edited by Seraphina

We can never be sure until we enter that state. My wife did communicate with myself and others after her death. So I believe there is a life after death and so do those who my wife touched. To me it was a grand gift. In my religion you enter another realm and await rebirth. I have seen and been shown many things, but to put them into words... it something each person must experience from themselves. Maybe death is what each wants it to be. Oblivion would not be so bad, beats the hell out of pain. I think I'll just not worry about it and cross that bridge when I come to it. Live in the here and now, death will come in its own time.

Seraphina and Altlantis Rising: Good to meet people who can grasp and are comfortable with the concept of not-being.

Heaven isnt like a continent or even the universe Heaven was made to fit everyone from the past, present, and future. I dont think anyone will be bored even for eternity with a place like that also containing streets of gold and seeing the sites of what are mentioned in the bible.

Edited by raider91

I will become worm food.

I will be alive. Then i will be dead. That is it. No continuation, no anything.

Like a light switch. On. Off.

Winner.

I don't believe in a after life, but I am not comfortable with it. I want a afterlife.I surely don't believe in christian heaven though. It never made sense to me.

Edited by ericraven2003