Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why did God give us the whole universe?

raider91

I've been wondering, why did God give us the rest of the universe for; curiosity,will we space travel, more beings out there,what is it?Ill probably never know unless God tells me.So i ask you the same question, why did God give us the whole universe or is there just us?I would love your opinion.

Edited by raider91

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raider91

• Seraphina

• missknowitall

• Grandpa Greenman

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there isn't a reason we will ever truly understand or comprehend. Maybe there is no God that keeps track of all we do. Obviously though, we play some role in this universe, or we would not exist. What that true role is, we may never know. Hope that helps. :P

I'm sure some would say there's no God, so he didn't give us the universe to begin with....

Personally, I'm of the opinion that I just don't know what the purpose of the universe is. Is it just to show how unlikely life is? Is it to allow other beings to exist elsewhere? Maybe we're just one of God's pet-projects, and all these planets are like little petrie-dishes, lol.

One thing I know for sure is that we need to explore space a little more before having anywhere near enough information to even posit a reason as to why God might have created the universe.

Regards, PA

thank you both for your posts. :D

What makes you think he gave us anything? The Earth and the universe belong to no one. We are just borrowing the Earth from the future.

I've been wondering, why did God give us the rest of the universe for; curiosity,will we space travel, more beings out there,what is it?Ill probably never know unless God tells me.So i ask you the same question, why did God give us the whole universe or is there just us?I would love your opinion.

It's very selfish to assume that 'god' gave us the whole universe to our selfs....

To me the universe was given to me by my forefathers and my parents to love and take care of so that my children will have what I have when they are my age.

well, in my opinion God created the universe so its not selfish, its his creation. when you look around what do you see. I see a wonderful place,so beautiful.Do you actually believe that an organism made all of this with no mistakes?

Edited by raider91

well, in my opinion God created the universe so its not selfish, its his creation. when you look around what do you see. I see a wonderful place,so beautiful.Do you actually believe that an organism made all of this with no mistakes?

Ya I do,

ya got a problem with that?

If 'god' created the universe and us so that we may live on his creation, then who created this 'god'? He had to exist somehow or has he just been existing for all enternity. But still someone would have to create him to exist no?

Ya I do,

ya got a problem with that?

If 'god' created the universe and us so that we may live on his creation, then who created this 'god'? He had to exist somehow or has he just been existing for all enternity. But still someone would have to create him to exist no?

It is incredibly difficult for someone with a finite time-bound mind to comprehend, but if you are talking about the God of the Bible, then yes, He is infinite and He was here for eternity before He created the universe.

Thats very weak Iam....in your belief...since you believe in the great creator, even you must question who created him? Or maybe not.

It is incredibly difficult for someone with a finite time-bound mind to comprehend, but if you are talking about the God of the Bible, then yes, He is infinite and He was here for eternity before He created the universe.

I do have trouble just thinking about a million of something, so infinite really stumps me! But how can something always be there, at one point before everything something had to create 'god'.

A spark, a bunch of atoms?

I'm talking about the true begining...what started 'god'

It's pretty pointless to think about it really, it'll only leave your mind boggling as there really is no way to figure this out.

thats whats so amazing. God has been here for eternity and always will be.

Even when i think abot it it confuses my mind but he's a GOD. It's easier to know he's been here forever than to think an organism has been here for an eternity.

thats whats so amazing. God has been here for eternity and always will be.

Even when i think abot it it confuses my mind but he's a GOD. It's easier to know he's been here forever than to think an organism has been here for an eternity.

Yes, but there's got to be something that came before your 'god'.

Something that created him to be a 'god'?

I'm thinking that maybe it's like one of those endless circles like when you look into mirror and theres a mirror in the reflection of the mirror. It just keeps going and going and going.

That's one of the reason's I'm an atheist. It's much easier for me to believe that we evolved from an organism then that we came from a 'god' who's always been up there.

Remember back to when you were born. Did you know about your 'god'? Did anyone know about their 'gods' or 'goddesses'? Nope, somebody told you of this great 'god/goddess' that rules above us.

My point is that we are all innocent in the beginning. We don't know about 'god', it's human kind that tells him about us.....

Well we know why he gave us the sun and the moon(they affect earth). If he didn't give us the rest of the universe we would know we where the only ones in the universe. Maybe he wanted us to belive in other life even tho there isn't...maybe he wanted us to doubt.

Also it never says God never mae another planet with life. All that Genesis says is that he made Earth and humans first. After the first seven days of creation maybe he took another 10 to make a better planet and race. Any true artist/inventor/writer etc. tries to improve on his last creation.

Do you actually believe that an organism made all of this with no mistakes?

It's easier to know he's been here forever than to think an organism has been here for an eternity.

I'm sorry, but what's this organism you're talking about O.o? The Big Bang (ie. the creation of the universe) wasn't caused by an organism...there weren't any organisms. In fact, if either side is claiming that there's some 'organism that's always been there', it's yours...God, presumably, could be called an organism.

I'm sorry, but what's this organism you're talking about O.o? The Big Bang (ie. the creation of the universe) wasn't caused by an organism...there weren't any organisms. In fact, if either side is claiming that there's some 'organism that's always been there', it's yours...God, presumably, could be called an organism.

well, then where did these rocks come from?

Yes, but there's got to be something that came before your 'god'.

Something that created him to be a 'god'?

I'm thinking that maybe it's like one of those endless circles like when you look into mirror and theres a mirror in the reflection of the mirror. It just keeps going and going and going.

That's one of the reason's I'm an atheist. It's much easier for me to believe that we evolved from an organism then that we came from a 'god' who's always been up there.

Remember back to when you were born. Did you know about your 'god'? Did anyone know about their 'gods' or 'goddesses'? Nope, somebody told you of this great 'god/goddess' that rules above us.

My point is that we are all innocent in the beginning. We don't know about 'god', it's human kind that tells him about us.....

well do you think a rock has been floating there for an eternity, who or what made the asteroid that caused"big bang"?

Its's easier to think that a God has been here forever than to think that asteroid came from no where.

this story made me want to confess my sins and i almost cried...the paert where the notecard had "how many people you shared the Gospel with" was really intense. that makes me seriously rethink the things i do in my life.

:)

this story made me want to confess my sins and i almost cried...the paert where the notecard had "how many people you shared the Gospel with" was really intense. that makes me seriously rethink the things i do in my life.

:)

well thats good, but what story are you talking about?

oh sorry, i was talking about that kid named brian who wrote the story of "the room"

oh you read it, it is a very nice story. It made me rethink my life also.

well, then where did these rocks come from?

The Big Bang wasn't caused by rocks...or an asteroid...as you seem to believe. Could I ask exactly what you think the Big Bang is...and more to the point, what exactly is your definition of an organism, and what it has to do with rocks, for the formation of said rocks? O.o

what caused the Big Bang then, TWO HUGE GALAXY SIZED ASTEROIDS. what do you call it? Oh and if there were no organisms to start out with then youre telling me that GALAXY SIZED ASTEROIDS made organisms.Or do you think we came from the GALAXY SIZED ASTEROIDS.

Galaxy...sized...asteriods...?

This is a version of the Big Bang theory I've never heard. Could you please provide a link so I might read up on this rather...odd...interpretation?