Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could there really be a 'Planet X' ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Have we discovered all the planets in our solar system or could there still be more out there to find ?

Australian Broadcasting Corporation said:

The announcement of the recent discovery of exoplanet Alpha Centauri Bb is a testimony to how far planetary detection techniques have come over the last few decades.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,647 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I guess it depends on the ever shifting definition of "Planet"... (Yes, I'm still irritated over Pluto's demotion!!! <_< :P )...

I would be very surprised if, out in the very outer reaches - like in the Oort cloud - there were not a few more 'planet sized' chunks of ice and rock...

Edited by Taun, 09 November 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#3    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

More KBO's, quite likely.

Sitchin's mystery planet, not at all likely.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#4    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostLilly, on 09 November 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

~~~ ...

Sitchin's mystery planet, not at all likely.
You are a spoil-sport sceptic, Lilly.  B)
Seeing that there is so much Internet information about Sitchin's mystery planet, "Nibiru" there must be truth there, somewhere.  ;)

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,815 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Alpha Centauri B ♭? Is there an Alfa Centauri B as well?

But onto the question, I suppose the question is, what's the dividing line between a Planet and an Asteroid? or for that matter a Planetoid? Have we identified every single Asteroid-sized object in our Solar system, or just beyond, yet? I'm sure that there must be some, and some sizeable things, that haven't been spotted yet, or if they have been spotted, haven't been identified, classified & labelled.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6    Mbyte

Mbyte

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

• Your scepticism disturbs me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

The nomads will be migrating across the Sahara completely oblivious to an event that never really existed

#7    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

A planet, by the IAU definition, cannot exist in the kuiper belt as it must have "cleared it's neighbourhood", which is of course the reason Pluto was demoted (although I prefer to say reclassified). So if anything is found out there, it won't be called "Planet X".

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#8    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostMbyte, on 09 November 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

The nomads will be migrating across the Sahara completely oblivious to an event that never really existed

Travel on camels they will.... :yes:

#9    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

The funny thing is, not too long ago I had bizarre vision of a two planets colliding into one another which is funny because nothing like that has ever happened to me before and even the feeling during those 10 seconds left me with an ominous feeling. Left me with the shakes for hours before I could finally sleep after praying to God to give me strength.

Oh, and this happened long before I started using the username 'TheProphetMark' so I'm not saying I'm a Prophet because I'm still skeptic. It's just something that I cannot explain at this moment and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. The vision, looks as if it was a blue hologram that appeared and slowly fade away all in 10 seconds showing me two round figures both colliding into one another.

Either way, I've made peace and I'm not afraid to die anymore. I've always believed in God too and have my reasons to believe so and I'm not a Christian.

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Please don't get them started...

Posted Image

#11    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,124 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostTheProphetMark, on 10 November 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

The funny thing is, not too long ago I had bizarre vision of a two planets colliding into one another which is funny because nothing like that has ever happened to me before and even the feeling during those 10 seconds left me with an ominous feeling. Left me with the shakes for hours before I could finally sleep after praying to God to give me strength.

Oh, and this happened long before I started using the username 'TheProphetMark' so I'm not saying I'm a Prophet because I'm still skeptic. It's just something that I cannot explain at this moment and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. The vision, looks as if it was a blue hologram that appeared and slowly fade away all in 10 seconds showing me two round figures both colliding into one another.

Either way, I've made peace and I'm not afraid to die anymore. I've always believed in God too and have my reasons to believe so and I'm not a Christian.
What does this have anything at all to do with the OP?

#12    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 10 November 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Please don't get them started...

I posted in an article on the home page and for some reason my post came in this thread too as well as the comment section of the other article. My post doesn't have anything to do with the OP but the other article I commented on. I don't even know why my posted got posted in this thread.

#13    TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

When I posted, I was thinking of another article also as well.

http://beforeitsnews...ed-2492862.html

Read that, you'll understand my post better.

#14    Briggstan

Briggstan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostTheProphetMark, on 10 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

When I posted, I was thinking of another article also as well.

http://beforeitsnews...ed-2492862.html

Read that, you'll understand my post better.

Saw this on 4chan, it's fake they were posting it everywhere in hopes that people would believe it. Look up bald for beiber for more of the same shenanigans.

#15    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I have heard a theory that Planet X does exist but we are not supposed to know of its existence as it harbors an extraterrestrial base, being used to study/monitor earth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users