Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A gap in Jesus life

Super Pancake

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• panther10758

• beowulf

• tupac amaru

• zandore

You might want to pick a new topic for your play mellow.gif

479126[/snapback]

why is that?

You mean from 13-30 years of age. If you want a source of information about some of his life go to your library and see if they have a copy of

Rabbi Jesus: an intimate biography

by Bruce Chilton

There was a topic all about this about a year ago. Basically there is one "bible" with stuff about him during that time, but it was bad, so it's not really heard of. Basically this is the time that Jesus took his "powers" and used them to kill people who did anything against him, he used them for his own personal gains, was violent, played around with people's beliefs, made people doubt any god, etc. Basically he was using his "powers" for evil so the book that was written about this period of his life is kept very secret.

Childhoods of people were rarely discussed in ancient biographies. check some of the really old bios of the roman emperors, aside from a few tiny snippets, we know almost nothing about the childhoods of roman emperors.

there is some stuff out there, gnostic texts and the like from about the 4th century and later, that have some probably made up stories of jesus' childhood.

I'd have to agree with you Something Like Laughter. As much fun as it might be to write about coverups and conspiracies, it's more likely that Jesus just didn't have a whole lot going on in those years. He was born, and birth is important to everyone, so that was well documented, and there is information about his childhood because every family remembers the cute things their kids did when they were little. But there are always those awkward teenage years. In those times, he was most likely learning his trade (carpenter) from his father and there wouldn't be a great deal to learn about until he started performing the great miracles told in the Bible. I guess if you're writing a play, you might want to humanize him.

I bet Jesus had a really embarrasing childhood. rolleyes.gif

His journeys and adventures before he began his ministry for God would be interesting to hear though...

Edited by Athenian

I'd have to agree with you Something Like Laughter.  As much fun as it might be to write about coverups and conspiracies, it's more likely that Jesus just didn't have a whole lot going on in those years.  He was born, and birth is important to everyone, so that was well documented, and there is information about his childhood because every family remembers the cute things their kids did when they were little.  But there are always those awkward teenage years.  In those times, he was most likely learning his trade (carpenter) from his father and there wouldn't be a great deal to learn about until he started performing the great miracles told in the Bible.  I guess if you're writing a play, you might want to humanize him.

480212[/snapback]

Yeah that's the only good explanation of Jesus youth I got from pastors, but still there had to be something more then that, it's just I want to know if he had his powers during this time or not if he did i could imagine he was an obedient child if he did not well then that's a big problem was he still good or did he from time to time was a teenager since he is still flesh and blood

Rabbi Jesus: an intimate biography

by Bruce Chilton

I have never read this book but I am told it does cover part of his childhood and gives Bible references for his findings.

There were many gospels written that didn't make the cut (like Ashley's Enoch) for inclusion into the bible, several of them concerned his childhood. I remember one story where Jesus pushed a playmate off a roof, killing him and then brought him back to life in front of the playmate's parents and other totally absurd things...This gospel was written some time in the 2nd or 3rd century, so can only be considered as a fairy tale (for that matter they all can since none were written by eye witnesses). rolleyes.gif

Using that theory than History books we use in school are also false since they were not written by witnesses

Using that theory than History books we use in school are also false since they were not written by witnesses

no, not necesarily, since their information comes from books and statements recorded contemporarily with the action. The gospels have not such contemporary evidence or support! no.gif

Some of your so called history was NOT documented by wtinesses or even correctly your own statement somewhat agrees. You cant use that as arguement based on your own claims on this thread and others.

Examples Paul Revere ride is said to have NEVER happened yet its documented it did!

Columbus discovers new world (America) documentation says thats correct yet recent find such maybe Chinese did and then there are claims it was Leif Erickson

and those are just two

Some of your so called history was NOT documented by wtinesses or even correctly your own statement somewhat agrees

bible=best example

Not disagreeing but everyone wants to go back to Bible what is everyone so afraid of? Many documentations of events alledge or real appear in many publications as "True" The Bible does not have a copywrite on it! A point was made in reference to to legitimacy of events documented in Bible I responded by pointing out similar problems with other publications NOTHINH more The Bible is a matter of faith and faith doesnt need proof. Yuo cannot convice a non believer but you cannot not convince a a believer that its false.

Columbus discovers new world (America) documentation says thats correct yet recent find such maybe Chinese did and then there are claims it was Leif Erickson
None of them "Discovered the New World(America)". You have forgotten that we Native Americans are the ones that first discovered the New World (America). See Your typical history book are still inaccurate. History is written by the winners. Edited by zandore

Your welcome. thumbsup.gif

Examples Paul Revere ride is said to have NEVER happened yet its documented it did!

Okay, yesterday I had to present Weather 101, I guess today I will have to present Concepts of History 101. First, your little example is folklore, not history. Folklore is a non-contemporary story, usually false or highly exaggerated, that has little or no evidence to support it and is told to glorify a person, group, nation or religion. Good examples of folklore is the story of Washington chopping down the cherry tree, Lincoln walking 5 miles to return an unearned penny, or Washington tossing a dollar over the Potomac. In this, the gospels meet all of the criteria of folklore – they are non-contemporary, having been written generations after the supposed facts, they have no secular (or for that matter non-secular) contemporary evidence to support their stories, and they are exaggerated and intended to glorify an individual! Now that is what history isn’t, so to define history, I will start with a quote from the British Historian Dr Maghee. “Each generation rewrites history to reflect it’s mores and values, but the basic facts and, for the most part, the original conclusions remain the same.” History is an attempt to render an unbiased report of current events, actions, and people to future generations. While no one can be totally unbiased and our personal beliefs do indeed color our perceptions of the world, a good historian attempts to keep personal bias to a minimum and a good scholar can usually identify the bias. Historians do not ever (well, good historians anyway) accept a single report or a single correspondent as the truth of an event, person, or action, but instead strive to arrive at a conclusion using every available source. In the event of single source information being all that is available, the report is accepted provisionally until further information becomes available in the future and the information is usually flagged as provisional. History is self correcting. Your next post is an example (rough albeit) of history attempting to correct itself:

A better example is the battle of Kadesh. Once the Egyptian hieroglyphics were deciphered, there was a “feeding frenzy” among Egyptologists as they translated every monument and document they could lay their hands on. In the Ramseum, Ramses the Great told of his astounding victory over the Hittite Army at Kadesh. He bragged of the number of enemy dead, the slaves and booty taken and the grandeur of his strategy. Shortly after the turn of the 20th century, the capital of the Hittites was unearthed and the royal archive was found. Hittite was written using cuneiform, but the language was unknown. During WWI, two scholars (both drafted to opposing sides of the conflict) in their off time discovered that Hittite was an IndoEuropean language and managed to decipher it. After the War, there was another “feeding frenzy”, this time among Hittittologists. Amazingly, the Hittite Army Commander’s field report of the battle of Kadesh was among the documents in the archive. According to his report, he ambushed Ramses and cut his army to ribbons, decimating three of the Egyptian’s crack units. Ramses made a strategic withdrawal and the Hittites (who were also gravely injured) did not pursue. Shortly afterward the Egyptians and Hittites declared an armistice and signed a non-aggression pact. History now shows that at best Kadesh was a very expensive victory for the Hittites and at worse a very expensive draw for both. This is how history works. Strangely, I have not seen that the Bible is self correcting, I see no Xian clamoring to take out all of the contradictions, bad science, bad history and archaic laws. Maybe that is why we always go back to the Bible when were are talking about bad history. Incidentally, it looks like our “Native American” ancestors may not have been the first people to discover America, they are starting to find possible H. Erectus evidence, it will be interesting to see what comes of that! yes.gif

You basically proved my point about flawed history. correctly (or changing ) still doesnt change fact it was or possibvle still could be flawed which was my point.

and my point was that History, tho flawed corrects it self (yet seldom has too), whereas religion (being very flawed) never attempts to self correct taking a "my way or the highway" approach, constantly waving the absurd threat of Hell fire if you don't believe the absurd without evidence! Flawed yes, history is, but at it worse more accurate to the 10th power than religion! yes.gif

Thats fine no need to be sorry its merely two differnt views we dont have to agree. I am no where as agressive with my opinion as Bewulf is I have no problem with someone seeing something different.

Not disagreeing but everyone wants to go back to Bible what is everyone so afraid of

We aren't afraid of anything, leastwise a set of mythology no less absurd than that of the ancient Persians, we just find it totally humorous how Christians attempt to undermine the truth for fear that it will show the lies of their beliefs! Just an opinion for what it's worth!