Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HOW COME THERE ARE SO MANY RELIGIONS

NIGHTRIDER

THERE ARE MANY RELIGIONS ON EARTH, SO MANY THAT A PERSON COULD FIND THEMSELVES LOST AND NOT EVER BELIEVE ONE OF THEM. TRUTHFULLY, SOME THINGS THAT ARE PUT IN THE LITERATURE OF RELIGIOUS BOOKS ARE BELIEVABLY TRUTHFUL BUT OTHER THINGS CONTRADICT THEMSELVES. FOR EXAMPLE, WHO DOES NOT GET FULL OR DRUNK SOMETIMES IN THEIR LIFE, WICH THE TEN COMMANDMENTS RESTRICTS YOU TO DO. THAT IS VERY CONTRADICTING BECAUSE IN LIFE WE AS HUMANS ARE FULL OF URGES WHICH NEED TO BE FULFILLED.

TRULY, I BELIEVE THAT IN THE LONG AGO PAST, THERE WAS ONLY ONE RELIGION WICH WAS THE TRUTH. BUT DO TO HUMANS EVOLUTION, AND SEPERATING THEMSELVES FROM EACH OTHER AND JUST LIVING IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE EARTH, THE ONE RELIGION WAS DESTROYED FROM HUMANS IN DIFFERENT AREAS INTERPRETING IT DIFFERENTLY. FOR EXAMPLE, ONE GROUP MIGHT ALTER A STORY IN THE ONE RELIGION TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THERE RACE WAS THE CHOSEN ONES OF RELIGION, THIS WOULD THEN TRAVEL ON AND EACH RACE WOULD INTERPRET THEIR OWN BELIEFS AND ALTER THE ONE RELIGION SO IT COULD MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES.

TODAY, I BELIEVE THAT THE MANY RELIGIONS WE HAVE COME FROM ULTIMATE RELIGION. THE STORIES ARE JUST MIXED WITH SOME TRUTHS AND LIES FROM HUMANS OF THE ERA WERE THERE ONLY EXISTED ONE RELIGION, WHO HAS ABUSED THE TALES AND ALTERED THEM TO FIT THERE LIFE. WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND WHAT FULL TO BELIEVE, I JUST KNOW THAT IF U LOOK AT MOST RELIGIONS, THEY KINDA COMPARE. FOR EXAMPLE, MOST RELIGIONS HAVE THERE CREATION POINT, WHICH TELLS HOW LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE WAS CREATED. IF YOU NOTICE, MOST CREATION STORIES START WITH ONE HIGHER POWER WHO BREATHES LIFE INTO EVERY ORGANISM HE CREATES. SO HOW CAN MOST OF THE CREATION STORIES FROM DIFFERENT RELIGIONS BE THIS SIMILAR, IT VERIFIES THAT THERE HAD TO BE ONE RELIGION, WHICH IS NOW BROKEN UP TO PLEASE A CERTAIN GROUPAND MAKE THEM COMFORTABLE BE ADDING THERE LIES.

MAYBEE IF WE PEICE ALL THE TRUTHFULL ELEMENTS TOGETHER FROM ALL THE RELIGIONS WE CAN GET THE MOST RELEVANT WAY IN WHICH LIFE WAS CREATED AND HOW WE ARE TO CREATE LIFE, BUT HAY, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THAT THERE USED TO BE ONE RELIGION, WHICH ALL THE ONES NOW HAVE EVOLVED FROM.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jesus_Freak

• zandore

• Super Pancake

• mithrandir

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are so many religions because god

one does not exist.

two it does not care.

or three it just loves watching people **** over who is right.

Number 1 is the correct answer.

Try to avoid using ALL CAPS in your posts if you can Nightrider, some people find it quite annoying as it is considered shouting.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

I guess it's to do with God's free will policy for humans and parameters of intervention that will affect the policy.

Or mabey all religions are wrong and was just used to control people and get rich ?

Dont you find it odd that things happen like this:

MR bush thinks god is telling him what to do and to attack osama.

Osama thinks god is telling him to attack the western world..

This kind of reasoning and excuses to kill have been used in many wars. People used to believe gods were on their side.

You should be able to draw a conclusion from that, that there is no god talking to anyone and its just humans being a bit silly

Edited by whoa182

You should be able to draw a conclusion from that, that there is no god talking to anyone and its just a humans being a bit silly
Good idea. yes.gif

There is one G_d; but three main religions which have broken into sub-religions from the main three.

Islam, Judaism, Christianity

Religion is how you worship

Faith is belief and hope which is instilled in your heart.

Religion and Faith sometimes get intertwined. Religion is how you practice to worship the Lord, but Faith is your belief in things that have not manifested, but you know to be true.

Essentially, it is believing in that which can't be seen, touched, or felt.

Faith comes from within yourself and religion is used to help manifest that faith. Many people have faith in G-d and are not affiliated with any church, or religion.

Thier faith is based on experience, or belief.

St Paul wasn't a Christian and he was chosen by G-d, when he was Saul persecuting the Christians. His faith was manifested later-he was affiliated with any one religion except the way, truth, and light and the knowledge he obtained of the Lord.

He didn't attend one religion over another. He spoke to people from all backgrounds.

People use G-d and religion as an excuse to make war. We all share the same diety; although He is known by many names.

Once we recognize that fact-people can't use G-d or religion as an excuse for thier shortcomings and to make war

post-8627-1108752255.jpg

Edited by rachelkleypassparrow

There is one G_d; but three main religions which have broken into sub-religions from the main three.

rolleyes.gif no just nooo

hmm.gif And that's it nothing else, unless you have something to use as an intelligent counter arguement, I suggest you refrian from commenting thanks.

Edited by Kira

FOR EXAMPLE, WHO DOES NOT GET FULL OR DRUNK SOMETIMES IN THEIR LIFE, WICH THE TEN COMMANDMENTS RESTRICTS YOU TO DO. THAT IS VERY CONTRADICTING BECAUSE IN LIFE WE AS HUMANS ARE FULL OF URGES WHICH NEED TO BE FULFILLED.

first off... gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins... not one of the ten commandments. secondly, you don't need to get drunk. It's is not a basic human urge to fill yourself with alcohol until you feel funny. You can fulfill urges without sin... i'm gonna steal this from LBD and say:

but that's just my hunble opinion

human beings construct their " religion" around their culture and their understanding of the world around them. read though the parables, personalities, and the dogma and it is clear all religions try to impart the same thing. Love, compassion, humility, kindness, understanding, and forgiveness. Pick any passages from any religion and let the words flow over and through you. If you sense anger or any other negativity, throw it out it was written by the minds of inferior men for their own devices. If how ever you experience Love-compasion-humility-kindness-understanding or forgiveness ( for yourself and everyone else), then it is real and true. faith is simple and the fewer word used to describe it that are used the closer to the truth it is. It really about remembering who and what we are, and our deep connection to the divine. Personally I dont care if my neighbor prays to a statue, a dog, a plate, a tree, or a star in the night sky. If (He, She) is true to themselves, the rest of the world, and REMEMBERS, so be it.

L-C-H-K-U-F

mithrandir

Hi all

There are so many different religions in the world, because god shows his/her self to people in different ways that each human psyche can understand and identify with, because people have different ideas of life and death in the many different cultures throughout the world. God will manifest him/her self in the minds of people in a way that the individual person can understand him/her, as we are all different, and all have different understandings of life and existence. God will be happy to show and express goodness in more than one way, god is capable of limitless wisdom, all of which always leads back to the same place, If followed with love, understanding and tolerance.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Protoreligion... I kind of don't buy into that theory. If the first humans (however they came to be about - and even that's a matter of much controversy here), decided to worship a tree because it fed them, I don't think that would count as the original religion. Beliefs developed over time and you can follow the progression of ideas throughout the written history, they grew with our understanding of the world and are still adapting to the change. If they had more progressive ideas than we do today, we're in deep sh** original.gif

Number 1 is the correct answer.

492583[/snapback]

If number one is correct then number two and three don't exist.

493013[/snapback]

I like 3, I think God is humorously sadistic

All religions are branches from the same tree. What I have noticed is that some of those branches produce some bad yucky fruit and some of them produce good sweet yummy tasty fruit. I like to pick the ripe ones not the rotten ones.

Islam, Judaism, Christianity

I believe that you forgot about Bhuddism. It is certainly as widespread as judaism, and islam. yes.gifyes.gif Especially in LA Cal.USA. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

yeah, but those three are the related ones.... we all believe in the same God...

Wasn't Judaism founded because God spoke to Abraham, becoming the first monotheist? Christianity developed from there because a person named Jesus preached Gods word.

Islam was also founded in a similar way, Allah spoke to Mohammed while he was meditating...

So I don't think these religions were formed by other religions.

I like how the first people to post on this topic were skeptics. Like three of them immediately latched onto the first post and started up with the, "God aint real" stuff. rolleyes.gif

I would tend to believe this theory:

If the first humans (however they came to be about - and even that's a matter of much controversy here), decided to worship a tree because it fed them, I don't think that would count as the original religion. Beliefs developed over time and you can follow the progression of ideas throughout the written history, they grew with our understanding of the world and are still adapting to the change.

If this statement is true, our religion is continuing to evolve to fit with the knowledge of man. We assigned a certain god to explain things like comets, and once we had the understanding of what a comet really was that idea died out. So maybe in like a hundred more years science will allow our religions to evolve to the rest of the universe or to other places we have yet to understand.

Regardless, all the present day religions (except a few oddball ones) are focused on love and understanding of our fellow men, and regardless of what specifics you believe, its healthy to believe in something. thumbsup.gif