Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#3796    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 January 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

How could you do that, 747? That is just not...right.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Years ago I changed my username into "GOD" with appropriate avatar, but it gets rather tiresome posting like a madman and in caps only, lol.

#3797    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

One I came across today.

Vitrification in a cave (The Cave of the Serpents near Cuzco)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3798    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 01 January 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Either he is lying, or he actually did study hundreds of skulls, of which many were deformed ones.

And based on that I trust his word more than that of a dentist or someone working in a museum.

"Hydracephalus doesn't make sense because it is a debilitating condition and doesn't produce the cone head effect.  Is he specifically talking about cone heads or other deformed skulls?  It all sounds highly theoretical anyway with no supporting evidence."

It does make sense if the headbinding was performed to correct the hydrocephalus, as he suggests. This headbinding would result in the huge coneheads that you think belong to either another and unknown human race, or aliens.

You, again, willfully ignore what I posted about his theory and how that explained the large coneheads and the smaller cone heads.

And the debilitating symptoms?  Where is the evidence that they had these symptoms?  It's a very serious condition.  Simply trying to transform the swelling into an elongated effect is the least of the problems.  There is a whole host of symptoms associated with this condition.

Then there is Egypt, Malta, and the other places across Bolivia and Peru where these skulls have been found.  All the result of trying to correct hydracephalus by binding?

It's just another example of a 'bolt on' solution to solve a problem.  Like wrapping tape around a leaky water hose.  Eventually the leak comes though.

Posted Image

#3799    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I know it is a serious condition, and the guy says that headbinding could very well have been a way to cure it.

View PostAbramelin, on 30 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

How much does it happen in a normal population? Not that often. But in an isolated population where the chance at inbreeding is much higher, or intentional like many ruling families did, it will also show up much more.

OK, now suppose this inbreeding was intentional amongst leaders of certain tribes in Peru and Bolivia (and elsewhere), then forms of hydrocephalus may have been considered to be a sign of 'royalty' and thus became something other and healthy members of the tribe wanted for their children.

So then you get two types of elongated skulls: the very large ones who were the result of a treatment of hydrocephalus using binding, and the smaller ones (like in your post with the African examples) that resulted from binding healthy skulls.

Genetics of human hydrocephalus

Abstract

Human hydrocephalus is a common medical condition that is characterized by abnormalities in the flow or resorption of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), resulting in ventricular dilatation. Human hydrocephalus can be classified into two clinical forms, congenital and acquired. Hydrocephalus is one of the complex and multifactorial neurological disorders.

A growing body of evidence indicates that genetic factors play a major role in the pathogenesis of hydrocephalus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1705504/

Edited by Abramelin, 01 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#3800    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

The idea that head binding could have been used as a treatment of hydrocephalus is apparently not new:

Re: Interesting webpage on dolichcephalic skulls
Author: AWSX (204.95.118.---)
Date:   06-Oct-06 00:09

Most of what I have read about the Andean elongated skulls indicates that they were the result of purposeful headbinding. However I have never seen any discussion on the increased cranial volume.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hydrocephalus

Hydrocephalus can result from many causes but the result is the same - increased pressure on the brain. If the pressure develops before the infant cranial bones fuse (usually about age 3) then the internal pressure could result in skull enlargement. Now I have never seen this proposed but possibly the head binding was used as a treatment on hydrocephalic infants. Since there are many examples of successful trepanning from the Andean region it would not surprise me if they also experimented with skull deformation as a treatment for disease.

http://www.grahamhan...21&t=214521&v=f

#3801    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 01 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I know it is a serious condition, and the guy says that headbinding could very well have been a way to cure it.

OK it's worth thinking about rather than dismissing out of hand.  It's a theory.  As far as I know the disease isn't known for chronically affecting communities in the same way as plague but who knows?

Where is everyone today?  Bit quiet in here.

Edited by zoser, 01 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#3802    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

El camion marveloso

• 26,397 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

It is NYD, Zose. I expect people are probably enjoying turkey and mince Pies, or whatever is customary round their way.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3803    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

It is NYD, Zose. I expect people are probably enjoying turkey and mince Pies, or whatever is customary round their way.

Hmm.  I've never regarded it as a special day really; suppose other people must do special things.

Posted Image

#3804    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

El camion marveloso

• 26,397 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Neither do I really. It's just a number in an inaccurately calculated calendar after all.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#3805    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 January 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

OK it's worth thinking about rather than dismissing out of hand.  It's a theory.  As far as I know the disease isn't known for chronically affecting communities in the same way as plague but who knows?

Where is everyone today?  Bit quiet in here.

It's a theory alright, but it doesn't have to do with any 'plague' as I explained.

Let's say some leaders had red hair, and by inbreeding - what was quite common for the leading families in ancient times -  the red hair would show up in many members of the royal family, and no doubt would be seen as a sign 'of royal blood'.

Either out of respect or because they saw it as a sign of beauty, the common members of the people copied that red hair by bleaching their own hair. Or it was copied by those who were high ranking on the social ladder (priests, generals, and so on).

Same thing could have happened with those coneheads, the large ones being the result of headbinding as a treatment of hydrocephaly, the smaller ones as 'imitations'.

Edited by Abramelin, 01 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#3806    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Maybe this year we will all find a better way to treat one another ! 2013 the Year of the UFO. :clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#3807    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Maybe this year we will all find a better way to treat one another ! 2013 the Year of the UFO. :clap:

Let's hope so D.  Happy New Year to you.  Got that BBQ fired up yet?  I'm hungry for some tasty vittles. :tu:

#3808    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 01 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Let's hope so D.  Happy New Year to you.  Got that BBQ fired up yet?  I'm hungry for some tasty vittles. :tu:

Boony where have yer been?  Rumours around here that you had been abducted!

Posted Image

#3809    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Postzoser, on 01 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Boony where have yer been?  Rumours around here that you had been abducted!

Yes, I was abducted and probed profusely.  The ordeal was memorable and I've not escaped without some scars, but I'll live...

Did you have yourself some happy holidays zoser?  I see you're still convinced that us humans couldn't possibly cut, move, and stack stones back in the day.

#3810    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

El camion marveloso

• 26,397 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

You'd have had some fun round here lately, booN.

H. P. Lovecraft.