Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Freetown state forest

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    WizardMichael

WizardMichael

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

I belong to a paranormal research society. I have had more than my experiences in the Freetown state forest.  I have seen spirit/ shadow people, A large white wolf, and a Spirit of a little girl near the sight where they found Mary lou Arruda's body in 1978. I didn't know the history of the forest until after researching the sitings I had. I recently spent the entire night in the forest with my group. We had some people feel like they were pushed. We heard laughter in the woods. occasionally we heard groans, breathing and screams.  We walked 2.5 miles in the woods. ending at the top of the Ledge. Many time seeing lights glowing like softball size fireflies at the top of the trees. On from our group swore she saw some one jumping from tree to tree but unverified via film. Still need to go over evp recording and Hi 8 Video.

#32    hecate

hecate

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Anywhere murder or rape has been committed is bound to feel eerie. Sounds like that forest may be a popular dump site for human remains to me. Bet there is more than a few more out there too.

i doubt this is true, but a neighbor of mine told me about a girl scout camp in the state forest that "dissappeared" over night in the 70s. he has taken me to the alleged "remains" of the girl scout camp, and it did in fact look like there had once been a girl scout camp there, but again i doubt the factuality of this story.

There are so many things about this that I find somewhat disturbing. I can't believe you went into the forest with this individual, even if it is your neighbour (Ted Bundy used to live next door to someone too). Did it not cross your mind that this person could possibly be involved in some of these missing cases? Since you live across the road from the forest then I can only assume that this person can just as easily access it. Maybe he wanted to show you his "work", it seems a very odd story to tell someone to begin with, particularly considering the time elapsed since the 1970s, let alone take them on a nice hike to a site that is allegedly connected to a disappearance. I don't know if I believe the "girl guide" bit but what if he had actually been referring to some girls that just happened to be out camping but in any case, I don't know it just sounds extremely off to me .. he obviously knows the forest tracks like the back of his hand, the question is how and why.

Of course, I am merely speculating, but if my neighbour told me something like that, alarm bells would definitely start ringing.  

Do you know what year this girl guide disappearance supposedly happened?  

#33    Mykle

Mykle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

after years I found this site... it is true

#34    jmello

jmello

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

I'm going to be camping and off roading in there this summer. I'm defiantly bringing my Mossberg 500. Better to have it and never need it than need it and not have it.

#35    star102

star102

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

View Postjmello, on 11 June 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

I'm going to be camping and off roading in there this summer. I'm defiantly bringing my Mossberg 500. Better to have it and never need it than need it and not have it.
Don't care much about it. No problem!

#36    Muddy 1

Muddy 1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

OK folks
It has been almost a year now.
Anyone been in the Freetown State Forest with anything to report??

#37    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,017 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Cool stories.  I love stuff about spooky woods.

But honestly, if you look at it objectively, you have an area of approximately 5,000 acres near what is a fairly populous area of the North East.  If I were going to commit a crime or dump a body, that's where I'd go to do it.

I bet that if you looked at crime statistics for forest tracts and parks in similar high population areas, you'd find very similar levels of incidents.

As to the satanic cult stories, if they were as prevalent as the urban legends contend, we'd all spend half the day running from cloaked knife weilding sons and daughters of Satan.

But then again, it was a FREAKING EMU!

Edited by Rafterman, 30 March 2011 - 03:47 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#38    Viral

Viral

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Nothing is true
    Everything is permitted

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

View PostPigmonkey, on 21 April 2007 - 08:54 PM, said:

omg is this for real, there was something similar to this in a wood somewhere in england, damn those satanic cult people
Sandford, I believe.

Posted Image

#39    Blue Pine

Blue Pine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hello everyone, first post here.

I come from Rhode Island, I'm a hiker, out-doorsman, and paranormal enthusiast.

Anyways, on to the juice.

Visited Freetown State Forest today, for the first time on foot. The other times Id been there it was in the Jeep, just cruising the main roads and hitting the mud. I will admit though, all time spent out of the Jeep was a little strange. Not so much so I would worry about it, just odd happenings here and there, as happens in the woods.

I have a friend in Fall River, he and I went there one day to cruise in the 4x4's and when we stopped while talking, we heard a scream/screeching sound from in the woods. Very strange. I thought it was a woman being attacked, but when I went to investigate, utter silence. Not a breath of wind.

Today, we went back after over a year since this last visit.

We hiked the roads and some trails, visited the Ledge, and a few unmarked, unnamed paths and trails in the deeper parts of the forest. A few strange happenings this day...

1. Continuously led back to the Ledge after taking multiple roads and trails in the opposite direction, total 4x back to the ledge.
2. Stumbled across the Wampanoag Powwow meeting grounds (seemed to be anyways) as well as the site of a massive fire that took out their common building. Here is where we heard the same scream as before, just a hop skip + jump from where we heard it last time. There were multiple trails coming from this clearing, we didnt venture down any of them. Oddly enough, we were discussing taking them when we heard the scream. (resembled a war cry, long, sustained howl/scream)
3. While walking some trails (the unmarked variety) I came across the normal prints of animals. Duck, deer, small mammal...And also found broken branches at my eye level. I am 6' tall, these branches were about 1"-1.5" around, all were snapped in the same direction as if they were leaned on while walking. Just a bit weird there.Whatever did it would have to be pretty dang big. These trails seemed to go on and on, we turned back for fear night would fall and we'd still be out there.

In addition to these more memorable moments in the day, we found clothing, children's clothing mind you, strewn about the ground a little ways off the road. Middle school jersey for Fall River. Also, I had the distinct feeling we were being followed/watched. I could have sworn I saw people in the woods...

I have been hiking for years, and usually alone. I am not easily spooked out in the bush, and this place just has a bad vibe. Heed this fellow travelers, don't go in there alone, go with a buddy or group. Not to disparage the park or its users, but every time Ive been in there, close in toe have been some seedy folk, prowling about. I will be posting a video on my youtube channel about what happened today, as well as included footage of some of the areas we visited if anyone is interested. My YouTube channel name is RootBoot22, feel free to check it out once it's up, as well as my other hiking videos.

My friend and I plan to go out there again soon to do more research on the unmarked trails soon, and as always there will be video on my channel.

#40    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

View Postjmakobi, on 13 May 2007 - 03:02 PM, said:

i happen to live in freetown, massachusetts.  the state forest is about 50 feet across the street from my house (literally).  the wikipedia article about the state forest isnt exactly complete, and there are many things that it does not mention.  for example, in december of 2005, a man wearing no clothes and with multiple knife wounds in the abdomen ran out of the state forest and into house (about 6 houses down from me) urging the occupents to call the police.  he has as of yet stated who attacked him.  there have also been animal mutilations in the state forest, primarily cows, which has been attributed to cult activity.  i doubt this is true, but a neighbor of mine told me about a girl scout camp in the state forest that "dissappeared" over night in the 70s.  he has taken me to the alleged "remains" of the girl scout camp, and it did in fact look like there had once been a girl scout camp there, but again i doubt the factuality of this story.    as for the bridgewater triangle, my father lives in dighton massachusetts, which is considered to be part of the triangle.  i have witnessed something paranormal in dighton, that could very well indeed be classified as a ufo (ask if you want to hear about this).  i have also seen the dighton rock (in its own little museum) which is a large boulder that has an unkown writing carved into it.  many people claim it is from aliens, but historians say it closely resembles ancient phoenician script (the phoenicia was an empire in western asia from 3500 years ago, god knows how they got here).  other theories include the norse, native americans, portuguese, and chinese.  in long pond, freetown, a friend of mine and have witnessed something that we will not forget for the rest of our lives (very long story, ask if you want to hear it).  i would be happy to answer any questions regarding the bridgewater triangle or the state forest.

I know you posted this a few years back, but I would love more info on the disappearing girl scout camp, that story sounds very intriguing, how could a camp just disappear over night?

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#41    Hostess

Hostess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

That's 30 minutes from my house, but I have never been there. It seems like a dangerous place to go; I don't know why someone would walk around there if they knew they could be murdered.

#42    Blue Pine

Blue Pine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

It certainly can be a dangerous place, but I only go with other people now. Ive been on my own in there before and the silence was deafening. Too many bad vibes and deja-vu's to stay there for long. I havent been back since my last post, nor do I look forward to going back, after meditations and dreams about this place and the secrets it holds.

#43    Hekuba

Hekuba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

I have been to this forest, in fact this is just a small part of the legends and things that occur in the Hockomock triangle. Giant cats, black helicopters, bigfoot, the dover devil/demon, large snakes, time "Traps", ancient graffitti among other things have been reported for over thirty years. The best one, in my opinion, is the Red Head of 44! The spirit of a red headed ghost that walks/travels that section of road. Very interesting area. Some people even have theories that since the tip of the triangle reaches into Fall River, it has a connection to why Lizzie Borden murdered her parents. Was excited to see this post here!

#44    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

An interesting place - anyone else have any interesting stories to share about this place...?

#45    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

spoooooky

View PostHostess, on 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

That's 30 minutes from my house, but I have never been there. It seems like a dangerous place to go; I don't know why someone would walk around there if they knew they could be murdered.

Maybe there adrenaline junkies and wanna live on the edge lol

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users