Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Resizing a file

LucidElement

I have a 6min AVI file.. and I need to reduce it so I can send it as an attachment in an email. What is the best way to do that? The easiest way and quickest way would be most helpful. Not to mention free hehe =) .. Hope to hear back from you savvy computer guys/gals..

Thanks All!

Resizing via converter can and usually does affect quality (if you care about that). You can use 7-zip to compress the video to up to a fourth of its original size.

I have a 6min AVI file.. and I need to reduce it so I can send it as an attachment in an email. What is the best way to do that? The easiest way and quickest way would be most helpful. Not to mention free hehe =) .. Hope to hear back from you savvy computer guys/gals..

Thanks All!

The easiest and best method for you to use is a program called HJ-Split. I have used this program for many years and have never had a problem with it. It is freeware and will work with any file extension.

http://www.hjsplit.org/ It is only a 191kb download.

You can split files as large as 100 Gigabytes into as many files as you want (100 1 Gigabyte files for instance), and then join them back together. There will be no loss in quality when you rejoin the parts.

I have done whole moves without problems so your six minute .avi file will be real easy.

The program does not have to be installed on your computer. Just run the .exe file and follow the easy instructions.

The only thing is that the recipient of your .avi file will have to have the program to join the pieces back together. Either e-mail them the program or have them download it themselves. It is available for many different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.

Good luck.....

• Like 1

thanks guy appreciate it!!! i actually found this, www.yourfilelink.com ... upload up to 5GB, took a bit but worked =) just provided with a URL so i could send it out.