Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Footprints Found in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:38 PM

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/10/26/f...ory=archaeology

Oct. 26, 2006 —A trail of 13 fossilized footprints running through a valley in a desert in northern Mexico could be among the oldest in the Americas, Mexican archeologists said.

The footprints were made by hunter gatherers who are believed to have lived thousands of years ago in the Coahuila valley of Cuatro Cienegas, 190 miles (306 km) south of Eagle Pass, Texas, said archaeologist Yuri de la Rosa Gutierrez of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History.

"We believe (the footprints) are between 10,000 and 15,000 years old," De la Rosa said in a news release Wednesday. "We have evidence of the presence of hunter gatherers in the Coahuila desert more than 10,000 years ago."

Veddy intresting find indeed.

(HI WE NEED AN ARCHAEOLOGY SECTION! XD)

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#2    Shaftsbury

Shaftsbury

Transitional Fossil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

Nice  thumbsup.gif

Either that or equal billing on the title  grin2.gif

"He hath need of his wits who wanders wide,
aught simple will serve at home;
but a gazing-stock is the fool who sits
mid the wise, and nothing knows."

from the Elder or Poetic Edda

The Isles of Aledeon - Roleplay World

#3    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

i watched a show the other night about who really was the first americans and it was a type of people that were from what is present day france called the Solutreen people (think thats how u spell it), anyways they think that these people used small eskimo boats atleast 16,000 - 20,000 years ago and crossed the ice age north atlantic ocean to the americas... pretty crazy

Posted Image

#4    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,590 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

Don't know if this is already posted elsewhere (it's oldish news) but these ancient skulls found in S. America seem to support an early migration of the peoples who also populated Australia/Melanesia into the Americas.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#5    Bill Hill

Bill Hill

Marshal Law

• 9,938 posts

• If I had my own world
    I'd build you an empire
    From here to the far lands
    To spread love like violence

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

What could this mean?

Posted Image
Something in your heart, feel like someThing nEw.

#6    Shaftsbury

Shaftsbury

Transitional Fossil

• 1,099 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

i watched a show the other night about who really was the first americans and it was a type of people that were from what is present day france called the Solutreen people (think thats how u spell it), anyways they think that these people used small eskimo boats atleast 16,000 - 20,000 years ago and crossed the ice age north atlantic ocean to the americas... pretty crazy

I think I saw that show about a year ago, why do you think the theory is crazy?

"He hath need of his wits who wanders wide,
aught simple will serve at home;
but a gazing-stock is the fool who sits
mid the wise, and nothing knows."

from the Elder or Poetic Edda

The Isles of Aledeon - Roleplay World

#7    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

I think I saw that show about a year ago, why do you think the theory is crazy?

i didnt mean the theory is crazy, like i believe it, i just mean that these people were crazy to use small boats to cross the north atlantic ocean during the ice age... in small boats!

Posted Image

#8    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:56 AM

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/10/26/f...ory=archaeology
Veddy intresting find indeed.

I agree SilverCougar; that was an interesting find.  I think there's so much that has been hidden from us as to our origins on this planet: date, location, etc.  I've been reading Michael Cremo's book "Forbidden Archaeology" and in that book it talks about how much has been hidden and even artifacts that were purposely dumped in the ocean.  Michael's book proves that we've been on the Earth longer than previously thought.

I was shocked though to read that Dr. Richard Leakey said that Cremo's book was a bunch of nonsense.  I would imagine Dr. Leakey would want to go along with the status quo.  Be that as it may, I'm so glad the footprints were found, and I'm glad that more people are coming forward with information that what we've been taught all along is a bunch of disinformation.

SilverCougar, I'm going to post a thread soon about another discovery of footprints by a famous person. :-)

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Ashiana

#9    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:36 PM

What about the olmecs whom we know very little about but left giant heads with negro  charstics....

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#10    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

yeah i saw that one show metioned earlierbut how did they date the footprints? skulss and bones and arrowheads can all be dated, bugt how do they know that these footprints were made at a certian specific date?

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#11    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

I see your article is dated on October. Probably the footprints were dated to close to 15,000 years ago and is upsetting the apple cart. Whenever an archeologist finds evidence that doesn't support Clovis First, it gets ignored or dismissed as bad science.  For instance:

"To illustrate to what lengths the academic establishment will go to cover up inconvenient evidence that radically changes the established time line of human evolution, an extended quote is in order. In the 1960s, advanced stone tools were discovered near Hueyatlaco, Mexico. Geologist Virginia Steen McIntyre and other members of a team from the U.S. Geological Survey examined the site and, using four independented dating techniques, found that the implement-bearing layers were about 250,000 years old. This result radically contradicts the established notion that humans capable of manufacturing such tools first existed about 100,000 years ago in Africa. "Link to artice

The discovery of 40,000 years old human footprints in Central Mexico challenges accepted theories on when and how humans first colonised the Americas.
The timing, route and origin of the first colonisation of the Americas remains one of the most contentious topics in human evolution. Experts from many disciplines are searching for the answers to three seemingly straightforward questions:
• From where did the first people come?
• How did they enter the Americas?
• When did they arrive?

Until recently archaeologists thought they had the answers to these questions. Evidence suggested that the Americas had been colonised towards the end of the Pleistocene period by hunter-gatherers migrating from Siberia into Alaska across the Bering Land Bridge, an exposed continental shelf, when sea levels were lower. This is known as the Clovis-First Model.

According to this model the earliest occupation of the Americas began 11,500 years ago.

The discovery of fossilised human footprints in the Valsequillo Basin, Central Mexico challenges this accepted viewpoint and provides new evidence that humans settled in the Americas as early as 40,000 years ago. The footprints were discovered in the summer of 2003, on the floor of an abandoned quarry by Dr Silvia Gonzalez, Professor David Huddart (Liverpool John Moores University) and Professor Matthew Bennett (Bournemouth University). At the time of the discovery the team were working on dating and mapping the geology of the Valsequillo Basin, Puebla, Mexico.

Dr Gonzalez is one of a growing number of scientists who believes that the first Americans may have arrived by water rather than on foot, island hopping along the Pacific coast. Click here to find out more about her research on the Pacific Coastal Migration Route.

The footprints research was carried out as part of a wider project funded by NERC through the EFCHED programme, entitled ‘Human dispersals and environmental controls during the Late Pleistocene / Early Holocene in Mexico: Implications for the Peopling of the Americas’. The research is also supported by INAH (Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia) in Mexico.

Source

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#12    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

this is alittle off topic, but waht about the anasazi, what happened to them? stop me if you will, if you already have a thread than ignore this, but i am kinda interested in them

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users