Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Voting night chit-chat

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#136    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,754 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 08 November 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Not that many repubs didn't vote compared to 2008. Rs lost about 1.5M and Obama lost around 10M. So republican motivation was far more consistent. Why'd so many choose not to vote, mainly for Obama? I know it doesn't matter, the takers outweigh the makers and he still won. Just realized, Maybe thats the answer. The takers are inherently lazy. So good, hope that trend keeps up and eventually te votes will dwindle. Woohoo, good news for the future! How 'bout that spin?
:no:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#137    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

How far off are we from being able to cast your vote through the cashier at Walmart?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#138    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

View Postacidhead, on 08 November 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

How far off are we from being able to cast your vote through the cashier at Walmart?
I kind of like that thought actually....

....Do you want cash back?  No
...Would you like to vote?  yes

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#139    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

View Postjoc, on 08 November 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Oh, no problem...the first thing I said was I was wrong.  Boy, was I ever....

Very true, you did admit it proudly.  Kudos for that...

#140    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

FWIW we here in the Antipodes are shaking our heads at electronic voting, it seems to us it's just too open to vote manipulation or simple machine failure.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#141    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 08 November 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

FWIW we here in the Antipodes are shaking our heads at electronic voting, it seems to us it's just too open to vote manipulation or simple machine failure.
Ya think?  You know, I'm not saying the outcome was due to fraud...but there is a lot of that that goes on with the Dems...I mean, polling places with murials of Obama including his signature campaign insignia...bussing in Somalians who can't speak English and have no proof of citizenship and handing them ballots and showing them how to vote for Obama...geeez...
Oh well...it's the good ole USA right?  Wrong...it's the bad NEW USA and some of us don't like it..not one little bit...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#142    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 08 November 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

No they can't. LOL. If the US applied  sanctions on Texas and it would be over. Done. There's really only one state that could successfuly secede and sustain itself on its own... Alaska. But even they're smart enough to know that it's still not in their best interest to do so.

What could they sanction that Texas couldn't get from or sell to a dozen other sympathetic countries? IDK, maybe your right, but they export far more than they import (#15 GDP in the world, #2 GSP)  #1 in beef, goats/sheep, #1 in oil/gas(by far), #2 technology, #2 defense contracts, #1 cotton, 4th largest US port, #1 gasoline refiner, NASA...Texas can play the sanction game with the best of 'em. But still, a moot point.

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#143    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 08 November 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

Morris is only made for small doses but seriously, what happened to all those millions of voters? Not that you would know. Just been wondering.

They were suppressed. But seriously, don't know for sure, but considering many dems were motivated by hearing how close things were I wonder. Maybe their employers wouldn't give them the time off needed to stand in line for 4 hours? :blink:

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#144    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

As of 7:30 am yesterday morning people were already calling into the radio to report machines that weren't listing all candidates on the confirm vote screen when going for straight ticket. That was two machines in two small districts by 7:30 am. Imagine how many times that happened plus how many people didn't notice. I'm not saying machines aren't good to use but really, just because you see something on a computer screen doesn't mean that you know what goes on within the software. We do put a lot of trust into those machines and the techs who work on them. Paper would be safer and more trustworthy. Who cares if it took a few days to tally?
Then, in Cincinnati a bipartisan fraud effort was busted. A D and an R poll judge in the same place were caught giving ballots to unregistered voters or basically anyone who walked in the door and letting them vote. Another local story, a woman shocked to find out that somebody had already voted in her name. VOTER FRAUD DEFINITELY EXISTS! And supposedly since 2000 only ten "known" cases of voter fraud have ever been known to exist. Give me a break.

Also, I didn't read or hear the story but I did see a headline earlier saying some UN officials overseeing the polls are astonished that people don't have to show ID. Hmm....

Posted Image

#145    joc

joc

• 12,754 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 08 November 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

They were suppressed. But seriously, don't know for sure, but considering many dems were motivated by hearing how close things were I wonder. Maybe their employers wouldn't give them the time off needed to stand in line for 4 hours? :blink:
That's the funniest line I've heard all day....(slappin' my knees)...everyone knows that most Dems don't have employers...they just have unemployment checks!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#146    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Just a fleeting thought about machine errors. In the future You ought to be able to go online and verify how your votes were cast, like an e-verify system for your vote.

Posted Image

#147    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

'pop' 'pop' 'pop'
So many Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers heads exploding.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! What's even worse is the the Shellacking Romney took. LOLOLOLOLOL!

#148    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 08 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

'pop' 'pop' 'pop'
So many Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers heads exploding.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! What's even worse is the the Shellacking Romney took. LOLOLOLOLOL!
Really, two threads at once, same post. Control yourself troll.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users