Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aurora texas UFO crash 1897

alien texas ufo grave

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

One of these accounts appeared in the April 19, 1897, edition of the Dallas Morning News. Written by Aurora resident S.E. Haydon,[2] the alleged UFO is said to have hit a windmill on the property of a Judge J.S. Proctor two days earlier at around 6am local (Central) time,[3] resulting in its crash. The pilot (who was reported to be "not of this world", and a "Martian" according to a reported Army officer from nearby Fort Worth)[4] did not survive the crash, and was buried "with Christian rites" at the nearby Aurora Cemetery. (The cemetery contains a Texas Historical Commission marker mentioning the incident.[5])

Reportedly, wreckage from the crash site was dumped into a nearby well located under the damaged windmill, while some ended up with the alien in the grave. Adding to the mystery was the story of Mr. Brawley Oates, who purchased Judge Proctor's property around 1945. Oates cleaned out the debris from the well in order to use it as a water source, but later developed an extremely severe case of arthritis, which he claimed to be the result of contaminated water from the wreckage dumped into the well. As a result, Oates sealed up the well with a concrete slab and placed an outbuilding atop the slab. (According to writing on the slab, this was done in 1957

Source: http://en.wikipedia....s,_UFO_incident

Edited by Saru, 14 May 2013 - 09:35 PM.
Added source link

#2    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Alien grave at Aurora TX cemetery.

Attached Files

#3    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

A hard look at all of the facts surrounding the case can lead a reasonable person to only one possible conclusion—the airship crash never happened—the whole thing was a hoax.

http://www.spaceship...-ufo-crash.html

Edited by DBunker, 14 May 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,453 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I saw this on the History channel, was an interesting story.  I thought the grave marker had been removed.

#6    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

There still hasn't been an explanation for the metal MUFON's John Schuessler had lab analysis on.

It be interesting to know where the source came from. If it's truly unexplained.

There's a thread on MUFON's forums:

Aurora, Texas Metal

Everyone go to MUFON's forum and post something. It's really easy to create an account there.

#7    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,362 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 15 May 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

There still hasn't been an explanation for the metal MUFON's John Schuessler had lab analysis on.

It be interesting to know where the source came from. If it's truly unexplained.

There's a thread on MUFON's forums:

Aurora, Texas Metal

Everyone go to MUFON's forum and post something. It's really easy to create an account there.

So where is the report? What did said report conclude?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

The problem here is that I beat most of these people to Aurora by several years to conduct my own investigation. I talked to some of those same longtime residents who told me in the early 1970s that nothing had happened. I talked to the historians at the Wise County Historical Society (Aurora is in Wise County) who told me that it hadn’t happened, though they wish it had. I learned that T.J. Weems, the famed Signal Corps officer was, in fact, the local blacksmith. I learned that Judge Proctor didn’t have a windmill, or rather that was what was said then. Now they suggest that he had two windmills. I wandered the grave yard, which isn’t all that large (something just over 800 graves) and found no marker with strange symbols carved on it, though there are those who suggest a crude headstone with a rough airship on it had been there at the time. I found nothing to support the tale and went away believing, based on my own research and interviews, this to be another of the airship hoaxes.

Metal collected by all those others, when analyzed here, turned out to be nothing strange or unusual. Some of it was later analyzed in a Canadian lab and their results mirrored those of American labs. So much for the idea that the government, in the guise of the CIA, the Air Force, or the mythical MJ-12, conspired to suppress evidence of the Aurora UFO crash.

Isn’t it interesting, though, that none of the metal supposedly gathered by the town’s residents has ever surfaced. The metal analyzed was always recovered by researchers with metal detectors. Isn’t interesting that the strange grave marker has since disappeared and there is no real photographic record of it. There should be for all the research that has been done and the single picture that has turned up showed not an airship but a coarse triangle with circles in the center. And isn’t interesting that there were never any follow up reports from Aurora. First the big splash with the crash and then nothing for more than sixty years.

The final, fatal blow for the airship and Aurora crash comes from the original reporter. H.E. Hayden, a stringer for the Dallas Morning News, who claimed to have invented the story in a vain attempt to put his dying community back on the map. He hoped to draw attention, and people, to Aurora, Texas. He was successful. The problem was that he succeeded sixty years too late and those who arrived only wanted to learn about the airship, not settle down to rebuild the community as he had hoped.

LINK

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 15 May 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

So where is the report? What did said report conclude?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Watch the video with John Schuessler and the UFO Hunter episode in the MUFON thread.

#10    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 May 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

The problem here is that I beat most of these people to Aurora by several years to conduct my own investigation. I talked to some of those same longtime residents who told me in the early 1970s that nothing had happened. I talked to the historians at the Wise County Historical Society (Aurora is in Wise County) who told me that it hadn’t happened, though they wish it had. I learned that T.J. Weems, the famed Signal Corps officer was, in fact, the local blacksmith. I learned that Judge Proctor didn’t have a windmill, or rather that was what was said then. Now they suggest that he had two windmills. I wandered the grave yard, which isn’t all that large (something just over 800 graves) and found no marker with strange symbols carved on it, though there are those who suggest a crude headstone with a rough airship on it had been there at the time. I found nothing to support the tale and went away believing, based on my own research and interviews, this to be another of the airship hoaxes.

Metal collected by all those others, when analyzed here, turned out to be nothing strange or unusual. Some of it was later analyzed in a Canadian lab and their results mirrored those of American labs. So much for the idea that the government, in the guise of the CIA, the Air Force, or the mythical MJ-12, conspired to suppress evidence of the Aurora UFO crash.

Isn’t it interesting, though, that none of the metal supposedly gathered by the town’s residents has ever surfaced. The metal analyzed was always recovered by researchers with metal detectors. Isn’t interesting that the strange grave marker has since disappeared and there is no real photographic record of it. There should be for all the research that has been done and the single picture that has turned up showed not an airship but a coarse triangle with circles in the center. And isn’t interesting that there were never any follow up reports from Aurora. First the big splash with the crash and then nothing for more than sixty years.

The final, fatal blow for the airship and Aurora crash comes from the original reporter. H.E. Hayden, a stringer for the Dallas Morning News, who claimed to have invented the story in a vain attempt to put his dying community back on the map. He hoped to draw attention, and people, to Aurora, Texas. He was successful. The problem was that he succeeded sixty years too late and those who arrived only wanted to learn about the airship, not settle down to rebuild the community as he had hoped.

LINK

Keven Randle is one of those off and on UFOlogist. One thing I noticed about Randle is that he tends to spin articles on his blog. In reference to the metal he isn't very specific just calling it normal in refernece to nothing. This is counter to MUFON's John Schuessler and UFO Hunters who are more specific in the lab analysis.

#11    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Good links, psyche and DB,... another non-event turned into a golden cow by media. I wish we had one of those tourist traps where I live.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#12    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostHazzard, on 15 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Good links, psyche and DB,... another non-event turned into a golden cow by media. I wish we had one of those tourist traps where I live.

Aurora, Texas isn't much of a tourist trap if you've ever been there.

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Neither is Roswell. Although, they'll continue spewing the lie.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 15 May 2013 - 09:13 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,804 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yes Indeedy doo ! Aurora is quite the Ghost Town even today ! It almost blew away in the Late Fourties !
But The tombstone to my knowledge is Long Gone ! Stollent by Little Green Aliens I bet ? So need not waist your time running out to Aurora Tx thats a For Sure deal ! :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 15 May 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Yes Indeedy doo ! Aurora is quite the Ghost Town even today ! It almost blew away in the Late Fourties !
But The tombstone to my knowledge is Long Gone ! Stollent by Little Green Aliens I bet ? So need not waist your time running out to Aurora Tx thats a For Sure deal ! :alien: :no:

I actually tried to find Aurua, Texas once while driving around in North Texas. There was a lightning storm and it was getting dark so I gave up. North Texas is filled with neo-conservatives so it's kind of not a great place to be to begin with, you know?

Also tagged with alien, texas, ufo, grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users