Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No aliens

MR.Blueprint

i belive we will never find anything we considered "living"

i believe only life we will find is more suns and planets

suns and planets are whats alive in our solar system

we are jus earthlings, some fancy fungi that grew on this living planet

Perhaps a planet is "living" in that it interacts with the rest of the universe through energy and gravity. But myself, I think there is a lot more "fungi" growing out there in the billions of galaxies.

• Like 5

Perhaps a planet is "living" in that it interacts with the rest of the universe through energy and gravity. But myself, I think there is a lot more "fungi" growing out there in the billions of galaxies.

naw

i think fungi is only an earth thing

i think its no planet like ours

i believe every planet in the universe is different

Edited by MR.Blueprint

They have a p[ossible alien here, we will soon see the scientific testing once the documentary is out

[media=]

[/media] Edited by lufia

There is so much life on earth, it's absolutely absurd that there is not life on other planets. Whether we are the most advanced civilisation to date or not. But we've had three major species develop on this planet, the Dinosaurs who were around for millions of years, Neanderthals who granted died out but still evolved into a human like state, and homosapians. Counting every other species that is on and has existed on our single planet out of an almost endless amount of planets.

If there are indeed there are no aliens, then what a pointless universe and boring universe we live in.

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 6

If some fancy fungi can grow on this planet, wouldn't it be possible that it can grow on some other planet?

• Like 2

What do you make of the thousands of testimonials of people who have actually been contacted or at least seen ETs here on this planet?

What do you make of the thousands of testimonials of people who have actually been contacted or at least seen ETs here on this planet?

Most on here like .. Psycho, Hazz, Waspie, Wearer of hats... they all reckon its swamp gas etc Edited by Zeta Reticulum
  • Like 1

naw

i think fungi is only an earth thing

i think its no planet like ours

i believe every planet in the universe is different

Fungi still has to grow and develop. It's nothing magical that just appears out of thin air, and the "spores" as such are abundant throughout space. The problem is not the right condition for life to develop, it is just that everyone is so far away that it takes years just to say hello. I honestly think it is a bit premature to say that there is no other life at all out there.

Scientists scanning a galaxy 12 million light-years away with NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope detected copious amounts of nitrogen containing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PANHs), molecules critical to all known forms of life.

PANHs carry information for DNA and RNA and are an important component of hemoglobin, the molecule that transports oxygen through the body. They also make chlorophyll, the main molecule responsible for photosynthesis in plants, and – perhaps most importantly – they're the main ingredient in caffeine and chocolate.

"There once was a time that the assumption was that the origin of life, everything from building simple compounds up to complex life, had to happen here on Earth," said study leader Doug Hudgins of Ames Research Center. "We've discovered that some very biologically interesting molecules can be formed outside our earthly environment and delivered here."

LINK

Whilst there is certainly no proof of life outside of this planet to date, I do hope one of the impressive space telescopes we have can find some out there.

NASA Feels the planned James Webb Telescope may well answer this question.

Why do you feel Fungi can only grow here when we have found "earth Like" planets? Can't there be "earth like" fungi as well? Kepler Object of Interest 172.02 seems to be very earth like from what we have seen so far. KOI 172.02 is about 1.5 times the size of earth, and orbits at a distance of around 0.75 astronomical units from its star, meaning that it is about 3/4 the distance from its star that the Earth is from the sun. Specifically, this means that KOI-172.02 orbits around 70 million miles from its star rather than the 93 million miles that the Earth orbits from the Sun. And as a result completes an orbit around its star in 242 Earth days. Seems a decent candidate for extraterrestrial fungi?

But I do agree that every planet is probably somewhat different, but that does not mean some of them are very, very similar and have comparable conditions. With more planets than grains of sand on earth, that seems like some decent odds that something might be out there?

• Like 2

Thousands have seen ET?

News to me. Thousands of claims of UFO's exist, and many of those have been interpreted as ET, and far too many people fall over themselves hoping these stories are ET, but they are not. They are interpretations, which is not at all the same. Nobody on this planet has ever seen an ET life form. In that sense the OP cannot be proven wrong, whilst it seems unlikely, it is also possible that we are it.

Most on here like .. Psycho, Hazz, Waspie, Wearer of hats... they all reckon its swamp gas etc

You know you guys shot yourselves in this foot with that ignorant comment like 60 years ago. Do you FTB's ever learn?

You ever heard of the esteemed J Allen Hynek? Probably one of the better investigators in past times overall.

In late March 1966, in Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular. At the press conference where he made his announcement, Hynek repeatedly and strenuously made the qualification that swamp gas was a plausible explanation for only a portion of the Michigan UFO reports, and certainly not for UFO reports in general. But much to his chagrin, Hynek's qualifications were largely overlooked, and the words "swamp gas" were repeated ad infinitum in relation to UFO reports. The explanation was subject to national derision.

LINK

You have heard about CUFOS I take it? This is the founder that you guys dumped on to feel good about your imaginary disclosure plans.

What's my take on Portage County? Have I called that swamp gas? Just because a bunch of zealots hype up every light in the sky out of ordinary belief does not mean I am not interested in the grains of mystery that lie on that beach of zealous credulity. And indeed, grains they are, and difficult to locate. A BS detector does come in handy though. It helps avoid minefields of credulous terrain.

FACEBRICK.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 5

Do you FTB's ever learn?

No, it's what qualifies them as FTB's to begin with.

• Like 2

Thousands have seen ET?

News to me. Thousands of claims of UFO's exist, and many of those have been interpreted as ET, and far too many people fall over themselves hoping these stories are ET, but they are not. They are interpretations, which is not at all the same. Nobody on this planet has ever seen an ET life form. In that sense the OP cannot be proven wrong, whilst it seems unlikely, it is also possible that we are it.

I think hes messing around

• Like 1

i belive we will never find anything we considered "living"

i believe only life we will find is more suns and planets

suns and planets are whats alive in our solar system

we are jus earthlings, some fancy fungi that grew on this living planet

Bacterial life should be quite common in the universe given that bacteria is very simple and doesn't require much, hell it can live in very hot and very cold conditions on earth.

More complex life, yet still small, would be the second most common, though alot rarer.

Now lets say that a planet with sentient life is a 1 in 10 billion chance of rising up. That would mean there are between 20-40 other sentient species in our Galaxy and millions in the universe.

We most likely won't find sentient ET in our lifetime, perhaps not for a thousand years. But we are most likely find bacterial life, hell most likely on Mars or other planets in our system (or planet sized moons).

~Thanato

• Like 1

There is so much life on earth, it's absolutely absurd that there is not life on other planets. Whether we are the most advanced civilisation to date or not. But we've had three major species develop on this planet, the Dinosaurs who were around for millions of years, Neanderthals who granted died out but still evolved into a human like state, and homosapians. Counting every other species that is on and has existed on our single planet out of an almost endless amount of planets.

If there are indeed there are no aliens, then what a pointless universe and boring universe we live in.

you really think makin us is the goal of the universe

"boring" because it dont make a bunch of creatures

only thing "living" and only "animals" are on this planet

everything on this planet is unique to this planet.

everything in the solar system is unique to this solar system

If some fancy fungi can grow on this planet, wouldn't it be possible that it can grow on some other planet?

no fungi only grows on earth....and its only one earth in the universe

our brains are powerful it can create anything we want

I agree, finding out that we are and always were alone in the entire universe (if such a thing was possible) would be even more scary than to find intelligent life out there.

• Like 3

I agree, finding out that we are and always were alone in the entire universe (if such a thing was possible) would be even more scary than to find intelligent life out there.

:tu: And as Arthur C. Clarke once said: "Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"

and one more from same man

"The fact that we have not yet found the slightest evidence for life — much less intelligence — beyond this Earth does not surprise or disappoint me in the least. Our technology must still be laughably primitive; we may well be like jungle savages listening for the throbbing of tom-toms, while the ether around them carries more words per second than they could utter in a lifetime".

more at

http://www.clarkefoundation.org/sample-page/sir-arthurs-quotations/

edit for source

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

You don't know that. You think that. It's hardly my field but I for one don't think these tens of thousands of people are all liars, frauds or mentally unstable.

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the universe is teaming with life.

yea u are right the universe is teaming with life its called planets, asteroids, stars, moons,

@Skater... If you think then, that tens of thousands of peolpe have come into contact with aliens... you don't find it remotely odd that we have managed to produce zero credible evidence of this? I mean to put it in perspective... we've only had a handful of "encounters" with giant squids and yet we have extensive video and images of those few interactions... see what I mean?

So while we can't point blank say with 100% certainty no one has, it's a fairly sound assessment given our current crop of "evidence" to such encounters.

I mean surely, someone could have "scratched" their abducter and have "alien flesh" under their nails, like so many assualt victims, or swiped a do-dad or two off of the control/exam table of the ship. Or snapped a clear picture with their cell phone, the list of easily obtainable evidence from these amazing events could go on and on.

Of course, the non-skeptics will always add in crazy stuff like "but they mind wipe you, and teh lazer beam sanitizes you after the abduction, and no electronics work except their stuff...etc etc"

Edited by CakeOrDeath
  • Like 2

I wasn't aware those things were alive.

They aren't.

Do you know something my science teachers neglected to mention?

No.

Knowing and guessing are two very different things.

• Like 2

Bacterial life should be quite common in the universe given that bacteria is very simple and doesn't require much, hell it can live in very hot and very cold conditions on earth.

Bacteria are anything but simple. They're more complicated than anything man has ever built. The series of events that caused bacteria to appear on Earth is beyond our understanding at this point.

Now lets say that a planet with sentient life is a 1 in 10 billion chance of rising up. That would mean there are between 20-40 other sentient species in our Galaxy and millions in the universe.

Now let's say that a planet with sentient life is a 1 in 10 trillion chance of rising up. That means we're probably alone in the Milky Way and other galaxies aren't even worth talking about.

• Like 1

Now let's say that a planet with sentient life is a 1 in 10 trillion chance of rising up. That means we're probably alone in the Milky Way and other galaxies aren't even worth talking about.

Execpt I don't think anyone really knows the odds. They used to believe that planets circling a star was a 1 in 10 kind of thing, but now it is estimated it is a 1 for 1 thing, or a 1 in 2 kind of think.

If there is no other life out there. That would be EXTREMELY good for humanity. It eliminates the possibility of outsider aliens wiping us out and means we will never have to compete with aliens for material resources when we do get out there.

Found this Published work....

Prof Watson suggests the number of evolutionary steps needed to create intelligent life, in the case of humans, is four. These probably include the emergence of single-celled bacteria, complex cells, specialized cells allowing complex life forms, and intelligent life with an established language.

“Complex life is separated from the simplest life forms by several very unlikely steps and therefore will be much less common. Intelligence is one step further, so it is much less common still,” said Prof Watson.

His model, published in the journal Astrobiology, suggests an upper limit for the probability of each step occurring is 10 per cent or less, so the chances of intelligent life emerging is low – less than 0.01 per cent over four billion years.

http://www.science20...th_like_planets

Even if it is 1 in 100 stars has a Goldilocks planet, and the Galaxy has 300 billion stars, if Prof Watson is correct, then that would be (300,000,000,000 / 100 *0.0001) = 300,000 intellegent civilizations in our galaxy alone. I suspect it is a LOT less then that, but I think it is probably not 0 (Or rather 1... us).

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

So, what you're saying is these tens of thousands of people are liars, right? I mean, what's your explanation for these reports? I'm curious. For the record, I'm pretty neutral on this topic so I'll spare you the responses to your questions you were probably expecting :tu:

Any story I've ever read/heard about, the person abducted has been paralysed; unable to move at all. That's not impossible technology, doctors can achieve that now. But how could somebody take a picture considering that? How could they scratch the aliens as you ask to get alien flesh/whatever under their finger nails? And even if they did, just how many reports get taken to a hospital or lab to ever have their body tested for such things? I'd estimate 0... it's also not that unthinkable that if you were abducted by aliens that they would sanitise you before putting you back, especially if they've touched you. Hell, they would probably do it as you come on board and as you go off; who knows what risks they know of that their presence can cause on a human being, from a completely different planet, and vice versa.

I don't see why people would lie about it and make these things up. It alienates you (mind the pun haha) from every seg of society and I've never heard of people making a fortune out of telling their stories (though no doubt somebody knows an example or two..)

There's quite a big difference in getting evidence of giant squid compared to getting evidence of alien abduction... and let's not forget that giant squid was a myth and deemed not real by many people for many years :yes: to think eye witness testimony, at least plural, is considered evidence in a court room *shrugs* maybe I'm too much of a nice guy (Sakari will disagree :P) to think every single one of these people are liars, because I'm damn sure they're not all fruitcakes.

With things like sleep paralysis or mental disorders and yes, liars, coupled with misidentifications or hoaxes along with the stark absence of solid evidence and the reasons for doubting visitation begin to stack up rather quickly. It is a rather complex situation with obviously more than one explanation for all of the events that have been reported.

• Like 1

I think there is definetly life out there I mean the Universe is extremely huge and honostly IF where the only ones in the Universe that kind of scares me for some reason

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x