Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Small dot of light on my hand

Oxo1

This weird experience happened to me about 30 years ago, and I have no idea what was responsible for it.

It was starting to get quite dark late in the evening, as I was preparing to take my dog for a walk. I started to walk along the pathway near to my house with my dog, and happened to look down, and was surprised to see a very small dot of white light on the back of my hand. I can't remember which hand it was on, but I think it was on my right hand, the same hand holding the dogs lead. So I stopped walking, and stood there looking at the back of my hand while trying to keep it as still as possible, as I continued to watch it.

It stayed in view on the back of my hand for about 30 seconds, before it completely vanished from view, and after that it never reappered again.

The pathway near to my house, runs between my house and my next door neighbours house. I remember the sky being cloudy at the time, and while the dot of light was in view, looking up at the sky to see if there was any obvious light source from which this light dot could be coming from, but I didn't see anything obvious.

So there it is, a dot of light on my hand, which I never saw again after that. I definitely wasn't imagining it, because I had to keep my hand as steady as possible to keep it from disappearing off the side of my hand. :cry:

• Like 4

Could have been someone playing with one of those laser light toys. I remember the boys on the estate loved those laser light toys, they would hide and shine it on the unsuspecting "punter".

• Like 1

Laser pointers weren't that common 30 years ago. Plus haven't seen one in white. Not saying it couldn't be something focused like a flashlight beam or something.

What angle was the light coming from?

Did the light feel warm at all?

• Like 2

Laser pointers weren't that common 30 years ago. Plus haven't seen one in white. Not saying it couldn't be something focused like a flashlight beam or something.

What angle was the light coming from?

Did the light feel warm at all?

The dot of light seemed to be coming from above, judging by how sharply focused it was around it's edges. It was about 2 - 3 millimetres in diameter and appeared round in shape, and I didn't notice any feeling of warmth, even though it looked quite bright in the darkness.

It definitely wasn't a flashlight beam or laser pointer, so it's a complete mystery to me as to what it could have been. It must have been quite stationary though, because it stayed in view on my hand quite easily, and it didn't appear to be moving by itself.

• Like 1

have you had any other experiences u cant explain ..sounds like a spirit /energy making you aware of your own energy :) bit like an orb !!

• Like 2

Could have been someone playing with one of those laser light toys. I remember the boys on the estate loved those laser light toys, they would hide and shine it on the unsuspecting "punter".

Yeah, that was what I was thinking, but I usually see it using red beams of light. I maybe have seen blue and green light too, but I don't think I have seen one with white light.

Right now that I think about it, I wonder if it was one of those pen flashlights with the one led bulb. But, could they travel as far?

And now, I had to reread it, because I read over the part of it being 30 years ago, so now I'm at a lost.

I wonder if it's a skin reaction. Yeah, it sounds wacked, because it was with a light, but that is what I'm wondering it could be.

• Like 1

have you had any other experiences u cant explain ..sounds like a spirit /energy making you aware of your own energy :) bit like an orb !!

Yes I did have some strange experiences over a time period of 25 years ago, and I did see an orb the size of a cricket ball at the foot of my bed, so perhaps there may be some connection there somewhere.

Unfortunately I can't be too sure of the exact timing of these events, as they happened a long time ago. :)!

• Like 2

sounds like a good description to me ..there is much to be said about bright white light ... pure energy's .....i luv it !! :)

• Like 1

Oxo, any chance you are colour blind? We need to sort this lazer thing out.

• Like 1

sounds like a good description to me ..there is much to be said about bright white light ... pure energy's .....i luv it !! :)

The orb I saw was incredible to look at, it was a kaleidoscope of very beautiful bright colours which were constantly moving within it's very sharply defined edges. It was completely stationary, about 6 feet above the bedroom floor. It remained in sight long enough for me to realise I was actually seeing it, before it suddenly vanished from view. To me it looked alive, and I can tell you that when you see something like that, it makes you feel quite humble. :)!

• Like 1

Oxo, any chance you are colour blind? We need to sort this lazer thing out.

No I'm not coloured blind, and even if it had been a laser of some kind, I have no idea where it's source of light was coming from.

• Like 2

No I'm not coloured blind, and even if it had been a laser of some kind, I have no idea where it's source of light was coming from.

As for source of light, the whole idea with the laser pointers was the recipient did not know where the light was coming from....thats what made it fun for the users.

The first laser pointers came out early 1980`s.....in red.

Its going to be impossible to tell what it was as you say it was getting dark so where street lights on? you can not even remember what hand it was on, so was it actually white or maybe yellow? how long ago was it exactly?

I guess I am going to go with laser pointer.(maybe)...,

Edited by freetoroam

Oxo, how old were you at the time?

Seeing lights isn't anything to be afraid of. You said the light was on the same hand that was holding the dog lead. Did the lead have metal on it?

It could also be a spirit orb. There's nothing to be scared of though.

As for source of light, the whole idea with the laser pointers was the recipient did not know where the light was coming from....thats what made it fun for the users.

The first laser pointers came out early 1980`s.....in red.

Its going to be impossible to tell what it was as you say it was getting dark so where street lights on? you can not even remember what hand it was on, so was it actually white or maybe yellow? how long ago was it exactly?

I guess I am going to go with laser pointer.(maybe)...,

I can't remember if the street lights were on, but I would have thought so as it was getting dark. I do remember the white dot quite well, that really has stuck in my mind, although which hand it was on is not so clear in my memory of it. About 30 years ago around about 1984 at a guess.

It was definitely not red though, because if it had been I would have come to the same laser pen conclusion myself.

Where I was standing between the two houses, would have made it quite difficult for someone with a laser pen to keep it in position on my hand, because the only way it could have been done would be from the front of me. I would have blocked the laser from the back, because I was standing in the way of it , so if it had come from the front I would have easily seen it's light source. There wasn't anyone else around at the time either, just me and my dog.

It's a good one isn't it, I am still completely mystified by it just as I was back then. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Oxo, how old were you at the time?

Seeing lights isn't anything to be afraid of. You said the light was on the same hand that was holding the dog lead. Did the lead have metal on it?

It could also be a spirit orb. There's nothing to be scared of though.

I would have been in my 20's at the time. The only piece of metal on the lead were a small rivet where the hand strap was, and the collar clip. I certainly wasn't spooked by the dot of light, if anything I was quite amazed to see it on the back of my hand.

• Like 1

Very cool and strange it could have been paranomal

As I can think of no other explanation apart from a laser pen, which I very much doubt it was, then yes.... it seems to me I may have experienced a real paranormal event. :)