Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what would the second coming look like to you

the eternal me

so my thought is this.....

with the concept of a second coming, and the teachings of such a thing across more then one religious belief system....

what would it look like to you....

now keep in mind.... the Christians, the Jews, and the Muslims all speak of someone that will bring peace.....

and in the fundamental aspect of the beliefs in this person....

that is what it is in a nutshell....

a bringer of peace.....

from your belief system do you expect this person to be a magical being?

what about a great teacher who spreads knowledge and wisdom?

or just someone who can use common sense to quell a situation, and bring calm reasoning to heated debate?

or is this person all of the above?

i am curious about this because there are so many expectations of this person......

when the sole reason for the being of it is to bring peace...

by the way.... i am avoiding using gender bias towards this topic, because after all....

if there is a second coming?.....

we as a people would not recognise this person...

lets take the popular language out of the equation as well...

after all .... the direct translation from Hebrew of the word messiah simply means an anointed leader... (blessed leader)

and in that aspect... in the true sense of the word... any rabbi is a messiah....

Hebrew is what is considered a dead language... meaning it does not change....

what it meant a 1000 years ago.... still means the same thing today...

unlike the English language, where words change meaning and the context in which they are used changes as well...

bad today does not have the same meaning it did 50 years ago....

it has been expanded on... now bad can be interchanged with good....

so back to topic.....

so..... keeping the biblical history of Jesus.....

he spent his time with those that needed him....

the poor, the sick.... the morally reprehensible peoples of the day....

would this change?

or would he be found amongst thieves, drug addicts and the mentally ill?

they would be the ones that need this person the most....

so i don’t think that looking in the schools and places of power would be where this person would be found...

so... does that change any kind of view on the homeless problem?

in my opinion.... i don’t think this person would be found in any church either....

or in any great halls of our own making in the honour of said person...

but in the places where this person is needed.....

those being my thoughts on a peaceful discussion ....

lets discuss......

we can expand on anything, in any direction.....

lets just share our thoughts...

• Like 1

He comes and takes all the Christians, Jews and Muslims and we Pagans dance naked on the beach. ;)

• Like 2

I had a second comming once..

It was a bit dissapointing to tell the truth. :blush:

But seriously, I'm hoping the second comming will be something of global humanity event. Not based on the arrival of some godly or person, but something born in the heart of all the worlds people, something shared.

Edited by Professor T

The second coming will probably start out low key but become a hurricane of mass proportions of paranormal events.

Edit: I wonder if this is why more people seem to be seeing ghosts, the dead are rising or having experiences with physic abilities.

Edited by Hilander

Whoever this person is he/she will probably end up in the looney bin , as there have been many before him/her all professing to be the One, and they all do "time" in a padded cell.If some one came out and said that they were the Lord they would be "classified".They could already be here,Locked up.

Sadly ,if media got wond of it ,it would look like this.

Ads for it all along the bleachers at the US open .

Madonna would sing a new song written especially for the event ,and have beyonce and pink as back up singers .

Pepsi would be the official sponsor ,and all coke drinkers would be so p***ed,they would go atheist .

Merrill Lynch would build an amphitheater for the event ,and call it Merrill Cometh Hall .

Bank of America would issue special credit cards that give you a bonus every time you use the card to buy second coming goods .

They would need riot and SWAT teams ,bomb sniffing dogs ,and emergency services,all around the cometh hall,in case someone tried to assassinate or blow him up.

Air space above would be closed,grid lock for miles .

Gas and hotel and airfare prices would sky rocket .

Occupy wall street would engulf the cities,since all the police will be at the cometh hall .

All other faiths would do suicide bombings all over the world to protest it .

There would be special iPhone apps to follow it .

Are we kidding ourselves,as to what,in today's world,it would be degenerated into ,by the aholes that run the world ?

It would be a massive joke,on anyone who just wants it to be the simple thing ,they hope for .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Aren't people still arguing over the first coming, let alone a second. :innocent:

• Like 1

destruction-1.jpg

That is what I think of the second coming.

Edited by HavocWing

As you can see these kinds of threads dive for the bottom pretty quickly. My understanding of eschatology (end times study) is that The Christ will return just before mankind is about to finish the job of exterminating itself. He will intervene and stop the final destruction from occurring. The Muslims believe the same about their awaited "guided one" the Mahdi. Mankind has been on a mission for thousands of years to find a way to dominate life on the planet and as the technologies make it more possible the machinations grow more and more vicious. The God of the Bible left "markers" in the form of prophecies by which believers could be aware that He IS who He says He is and to make them aware of the approximate time He would return. Among those markers is the rebirth of Israel as a nation. Specific mention is made of the nations that would try to destroy Israel and the outcome of those attempts. All these markers will come to pass so that people will be without excuse of ignorance when these cataclysms begin falling on the planet. IOW when these things happen and people STILL refuse to believe then they have made their choice. The second coming will be at a time when nearly 2/3 of the earth's population has been wiped out by war, disease and starvation - all man made. At current population that's about 5 billion people. That process is supposed to take less than 7 years so nuclear war or some catastrophic cosmic event has to occur. The key sign to set your watch by is a 7 year peace treaty with Israel. Once it is signed Christ returns within 7 years.

• Like 2

The notion of a dead prophet returning to bring peace to the world makes little sense to me. It would be reasonable to enquire why the task wasn't accomplished first time round. We even have Jesus recorded as saying he didn't come to bring peace to the world, but "a sword to divide", to break people away from their addiction to the ephemeralities of "the world", and turn them toward "the kingdom", the eternal and imperishable realm he relentlessly emphasised.

• Like 1

i like how this topic has gone.....

interesting perspectives...

I don’t think the doom and gloom aspect of it all has to happen though...

there is reasoning behind this and i will share later....

I got slammed with work and wanted to see how it had progressed so far....

ill be back later to share some of my thoughts...

keep em coming though....

It aint going to happen in the fashion most the world anticipates imo.

I agree completely with this - but for an unusual reason. I think we will be so deluged with chaos that we won't be able to "see the forest for the trees". IOW's we simply won't recognize the events to be what they are as they are unfolding. The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie" on those who have chosen not to believe the evidence they have been given. There is a lot of debate about what that "strong delusion" will be. I can't think of anything more apt today than a "first contact" scenario.

ok..... so ... IMO .....

all the prophesies of doom and gloom are what we make of them.....

if you look at what the bible is saying for the most part.... i mean really read it for yourself...

and you look at whatever denomination of faith you are of (even atheists have a faith in science) ...

they all point to something that we as a people may or may not manifest.....

lets take a look at the science aspect of it... from the school of quantum physics.....

everything is nothing more then energy, with an infinite amount of possibilities and probabilities....

it is not till we, the observer looks at it, and an agreement is made that whatever it is, takes on a form that you are comfortable perceiving it with...

therefore it is ourselves that give it the solid form that we cannot change (or so we may think, depending on school of thought)

but the table in front of you has agreed to look like what we expect a table to look like....

in its fundamental form it is just energy....

the thought that we have of how it should look? ... is how it will look....

simple concept that is kind of messed up......

at least it just messes with the head....

there are aspects that we all can agree on... but its in the subtle differences that the table does not appear to be the same to any 2 people...

this concept cannot be defined or quantified.... its a personal experience.......

but it brings up the concept of "what we think is what me make, in the world, and in ourselves" ....

our thoughts give this energy form and function....

our thoughts are what create all things around us....

everything started as an idea....

absolutely everything.....

it is from the energy of the universe, and the work and desire of the individual to manifest it into the "common reality" ....

music is a wonderful form of this cooperation between peoples....

someone has an idea... others add to it... and it grows and morphs into something better then the original idea...

such is the nature of playing in bands....

but..... in the same manner....

an architect has an idea....

he draws it on paper.....

then puts in a lot of work with the math and science of it...

shows it to someone else that can get people together to build it...

in the process of design and construction... it morphs from what was originally there...

it gets improved and changed to meet the vision of everyone involved...

from the person who first put pencil to paper....

to the people that put up the drywall....

everybody has a vision of their part.....

this is what creates the whole.....

same thing as with a band and a song....

the prophesies of doom and gloom manifest in the same manner....

as well as everything else in the common reality....

but what about the animals and trees? (says the little girl in the back)

we agree that they are here, and they serve a function....

but they are not inanimate objects now are they.....

they live and breath, and take part in the creation of the "common reality" ......

but not the doom and gloom..... hmmm..... kinda funny that....

within natural disasters... the seeds of life are spread....

we fear them because they threaten to tear down what we have built....

buildings.... bridges... ect ect......

but the life cycle continues.... and new life emerges after the disaster has passed....

some species depend on destruction to create the next generation....

oh but i am getting off topic here....

(bob in the back yells... yeah man... where are you going with this)

so we all create our own realities....

we all create our own griefs...

we all create our own joys....

some people realise it....

some people don’t....

the world and your view of it is just right .... for you .....

your the creator of it? ....

so.... are you not a magical being in and of yourself?

and in this manner....

do you not contribute to the prophesies of doom and gloom if you so chose to?

this is still from the school of quantum physics here....

what we think we manifest....

i think that the person who is the bringer of peace.... will be able to show people how they manifest these things....

and show them that the doom and gloom is not a probability .....

but a possibility....

after all... in this day and age of communication, and space being less relevant to where and how people communicate...

have we not started becoming more of a global community?

making friends around the world?

this offers us a window into the lives of other cultures...

and in this manner ... the means of creating unrealistic fears and making monsters of other cultures is fading...

people are just not buying that toy any more....

there are those that do....

but soon enough..... they too will see the world as one family...

i believe that with the communication we have been sharing... that peace is inevitable....

and it will take just 1 person to point it out....

• Like 3

by the way... i love how the concept of the next coming would be marketed....

would that be funny or what....

sad and funny at the same time....

but it is a funny thought....

i love humour.....

laughter helps to heal the body and spirit...

I agree completely with this - but for an unusual reason. I think we will be so deluged with chaos that we won't be able to "see the forest for the trees". IOW's we simply won't recognize the events to be what they are as they are unfolding. The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie" on those who have chosen not to believe the evidence they have been given. There is a lot of debate about what that "strong delusion" will be. I can't think of anything more apt today than a "first contact" scenario.

this gets into a whole other conversation all together.... as in the first contact scenario.....

but you do raise an interesting point...

"The Bible even mentions that God Himself will send "strong delusion on them so they will believe a lie"

in the historical sense.... there are the things that have continually lied to the masses...

governing bodies that have nothing but the self interest of the organisation, unto itself....

the propaganda machine we are all so familiar with these days was moulded and perfected by another organisation in history...

and unfortunately the history of what and who is very hard to dig up....

links on a lot of topics have gone away from the internet in the past few years...

as the mass media propagates a message, and the consciousness starts to buzz like a hive mind...

and the people who have a different opinion and view are being shunned for what they say.....

to dig up the truth and present it to the masses is getting harder to do....

there are a lot of things i could post...

but, depending on where you are in the world... you may not see them...

inactive links ....

but that is a part of what you are saying about the delusion being imposed....

but that gets back to what we think is where we live....

the mass media is blasting lies and corporate crap continuously....

so to sift through all the BS to find a grain of truth is increasingly more difficult...

so those that speak truth ... regardless of how it rings with people....

are left with the manner of spreading knowledge to the masses one at a time...

back to the shampoo commercial from way back....

i told 2 friends... and they told 2 friends and so on and so on....

this is how the mass consciousness has been changing over the past 30 years from what i have seen...

which puts the ball back in the court of the individual...

and now there are laws in place in the US, that any government agency can take what you say and spin it to mean something of a terrorist nature, and detain you without charges and without reasoning for any amount of time.....

i wonder why?

what do they fear?

why would they want to stop people having an opinion?

was it not written into the constitution that everybody has the freedom of speech?

and now this is taken away.....

so now... and the media around the world is influenced by the same people and well.... here we go.... conspiracy crap again.....

banks? .......

but that’s another topic as well.....

but it gets back to the delusion.....

how can you tell what is real when all you hear is lies?

i shant cite the recent events of the past 10 years that point to this point in time....

but i will say this.....

what if the second coming is here already?

would anybody know?

and if the second coming is here?

then where does that put us as a people?

this raises yet another question.....

if the second coming is here?

then how would that person get a message out to the masses?

most peoples minds are to cluttered with crap thoughts to discern anything of any kind of intuition....

distracted by thoughts of being entertained.....

a generation of kids that have the thoughts of ....

"give me my playstation and **** off" (sorry about the language, but it illustrates my point)

looking for the next thing that makes them feel like they are a part of something larger.....

is it any wonder that we have become disconnected from earth, and spirit?

a whole generation of kids learning to play video games of destruction and violence....

interested in nothing more then being entertained....

not all kids fit into this group..... but a lot do....

and the thought of "these are the future leaders of the world" ....

does this scare you?

even if all the doom and gloom prophesy stuff from any group is all hogwash.....

we have raised a generation with a really bad mind frame.....

selfish vs selfless......

and the challenge for the one person is to cut through all that crap.....

hmmm.........

so me thinks that anything anyone could have imagined this person to be?

may be as far from the truth as you can get.....

selfish vs selfless......

The only pathway to the divine, imo. But the road to perdition is spacious.

Edited by Habitat

I'd quite like to see an omnipotent being, for real, turning up at the United nations and asking, rather loudly and with rolls of thunder, "There is enough for everyone on this planet, so why are some starving?"

I'd be keen to hear the responses and would delight at the sight as one by one they blame each other and are turned to pill'ocks of salt. Live on every TV and computer screen everywhere... no matter if you channel hop. It would win Emmys, imo.

• Like 1

All metaphors for larger global ocurances. The wisdom for permemany peace and prosperity is already starting to emerge... It's just going to be a battle to get the world to change. It's a battle that has to be fought on the individual level. Make no mistake it will be epic.

• Like 1

I think the end of life on Earth or at least humans will come like this: Amateur astronomer in the backyard, "Wow look at that I think it's a comet..." Professional confirms...."Oh my..."

Whoever this person is he/she will probably end up in the looney bin , as there have been many before him/her all professing to be the One, and they all do "time" in a padded cell.If some one came out and said that they were the Lord they would be "classified".They could already be here,Locked up.

If Krishna, the Buddha, the Messiah, Christ, the Mahdi all returned (or as one person), you'd expect they know they won't be believed. If what has been written about these individuals is true, they might want to show us again what they are truely capable of.

If I told you I am Christ, you'd think I am just another religious nut craving for attention, followers and praise. That's what I would think, anyway.

But then I tell you, "Mack, you know XYZ is in hospital, dying from cancer, and hasn't much longer to live, right?" You'll say, "Yes of course I know. Why?"

"You should pay him a visit,... soon..."

Then you will feel alarmed (I would), and rush to the hospital..... only to find out your friend - who was near death - is running towards you, yelling, "You won't believe what just happened !!"

Your eyes pop out, you look to your friend who appears to be radiating from health and vigor, and ask him, "What the...what happened??"

And your friend describes to you that some person came to his bed, touched him, and told him, "You can stand up now. You are no longer sick and dying." Doctors had then checked your friend in any possible way, and confirmed your friend had miraculously healed, which, in his stage, was absolutely impossible.

Then you ask him to describe that person who had healed him, and he describes me...

But alas, things like that are always missing from the story of people claiming to be some reincarnated X-man. And I think for anyone to believe their claims, a miracle here and there ( a real one, not slight-of-hand, not a trick, no newage fuzzy talk) would help a lot.

Edited by Abramelin