Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

is there pole shift or pole reversal ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    JanJan

JanJan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

The 2 websites looks like some creditble source but im confuse

So this website distinguish between pole shift and pole reversal
http://channel.natio...th-pole-shift-2

While this one says there is no such thing is pole shift (scroll to question 10)
http://astrobiology....ons-and-answers

In the 2nd site the guy says there is magnetic reversal or pole reversal. More interesting tho, the pole shift theory mentioned in 1st site is something happen in movie 2012 and cause tsunami(or as what i was told, didnt see it yet)...

What you guys think? Im writing a paper so need to clear sth up

#2    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostJanJan, on 01 December 2009 - 08:56 AM, said:

The 2 websites looks like some creditble source but im confuse

So this website distinguish between pole shift and pole reversal
http://channel.natio...th-pole-shift-2

While this one says there is no such thing is pole shift (scroll to question 10)
http://astrobiology....ons-and-answers

In the 2nd site the guy says there is magnetic reversal or pole reversal. More interesting tho, the pole shift theory mentioned in 1st site is something happen in movie 2012 and cause tsunami(or as what i was told, didnt see it yet)...

What you guys think? Im writing a paper so need to clear sth up

Read the first site again, I think you misunderstood the first phrase of the article.

A pole shift is sometimes confused with a pole reversal, in which the magnetic poles switch places, so that north becomes south and vice-versa.

The author then proceeds to explain what a pole reversal is (the magnetic poles switching places) and what a pole shift is (A sudden shift in rotational pole)

Both articles are giving credit to the pole reversal (the magnietic kind) and explain it quite correctly as being in the realm of the possible. This however would have no consequence whatsoever on anything else, no end of the world no nothing. At worst we might have to replace a bucket load of broken electronics, if that. Besides the fact that it takes 1000's of years to occur.

Both articles condemn the polar shift as being impossible and as never having happened before, also quite correctly. The reversal of the rotational axe would require outside forces of such magnitude, that our planet would most likely break up in pieces, before the shift even would happen.

But most important of all, lets keep in mind that the accursed movie "2012", is just that, a movie, cooked up by Hollywood, to make money. It's fiction!! They play on the hype of the moment to line their pockets with gold, so to speak. Most of what you see in this movie cannot even be scientifically proven, or in some cases is not even possible in the real world.

Does this help you a bit JanJan?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#3    JanJan

JanJan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:55 AM

many thanks theSearcher

say, if the Nibiru exist, will it be able to cause a pole reversal or even a pole shift (like in zetatalk lol) ?

http://www.zetatalk....oleshft/p21.htm

again, some may say zetatalk is rubbish but this question is only in the premise that Nibiru does exist.

Edited by JanJan, 02 December 2009 - 04:59 AM.

#4    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

View PostJanJan, on 02 December 2009 - 04:55 AM, said:

many thanks theSearcher

say, if the Nibiru exist, will it be able to cause a pole reversal or even a pole shift (like in zetatalk lol) ?

http://www.zetatalk....oleshft/p21.htm

again, some may say zetatalk is rubbish but this question is only in the premise that Nibiru does exist.

Well that's where it gets complicated, as we are talking about something that could trigger a change in the orientation of Earth's magnetic field.  Now, there are two schools of thought about what could trigger such a change in orientation.

First of all, there are those that believe an external event is the trigger. This means, external events which directly disrupt the flow in the Earth's core. External events may include, continental slabs carried down into the mantle by plate tectonics, new mantle plumes at the earth core boundry or large impact events (asteroid, planetoid etc.).

Then, there are those that think that a pole reversal is triggered by an internal event. Some scientists believe that reversals are inherent to the dynamo theory, which is how the geomagnetic field is generated in the first place. In simulations, magnetic field lines can sometimes become tangled and disorganized due to the motions of the liquid metal in the Earth's core. This can lead to a situation, so unstable, that the magnetic field spontaneously flips over into the opposite orientation.

Now purely theoretically, if the external event theory proves correct, then yes a planetoid like the Nibiru myth could cause a pole reversal.

As stated before, a pole switch (the reversal of the rotational axe) would require outside forces of such magnitude, that our planet would most likely break up in pieces, before the shift even would happen. It is usually considered impossible for a pole shift to happen, as to the destruction of the planet, that's of course allways possible.

Hope that this helps mate and if you need a more thorough explanation, then what I just did, check with a geologist, because this is as good as I can make it. Or if all else fails, check wikipedia (not allways correct, but in this case, good enough and I did put some wiki links in there myself)

Publilius Syrus.

#5    JanJan

JanJan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

everything you post so far helped me one way or another :)

another question: what is the thing about galactic alignment and spiritual growth ? IF it does happen, what kind of growth will we see or is it just how we alway changing ?

#6    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

View PostJanJan, on 03 December 2009 - 08:26 AM, said:

everything you post so far helped me one way or another :)

another question: what is the thing about galactic alignment and spiritual growth ? IF it does happen, what kind of growth will we see or is it just how we alway changing ?

That is only relevant if you believe the alleged galactic alignment to be of any consequence at all. First of all, lets talk about the galactic alignment. There is no 'galactic alignment' in 2012, any different from the one we go though every year, as it occurs during every winter solstice, when the sun, as seen from Earth, appears in the sky near what looks to be the midpoint of the Milky Way.

Regarding galactic alignments, University of Texas Maya expert, Dr. David Stuart, writes on his blog that "no ancient Maya text or artwork makes reference to anything of the kind."

As to the spiritual growth, well, any spiritual growth needs to come from yourself, needs to come from the inside. It's the result of experience, thought, dealing with your inner turmoils, facing your demons, if you will. Nothing or nobody can do that for you. It's a personal journey, that you need to take by yourself. Some people can help, but in the end it depends solely and only from yourself

Thinking that we are all going to grow spiritually because of a none-existant alignment is preposterous and actually a tad insulting. Hoping that suddenly everybody is going to spiritually grow, is a utopia and just plain naive at best.

Publilius Syrus.

#7    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,460 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

Here is an interesting read and audio on NASA's research into Earth Magnetic Polarity shifts. Have fun! http://science.nasa....gneticfield.htm

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#8    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

View PostROGER, on 03 December 2009 - 09:41 AM, said:

Here is an interesting read and audio on NASA's research into Earth Magnetic Polarity shifts. Have fun! http://science.nasa....gneticfield.htm

Damned, better explanation than I could ever give.  :tsu:

Publilius Syrus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users