Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meet the Breatharian Who Lives on Energy

kirby de lanerolle breatharian

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

As long as the body is generating heat, it is using calories. And, unless this individual is able to control his hypothalamus, which controls his autonomic nervous system and body temperature, he must consume food to expend calories. Even so, some caloric intake and liquid are necessary to maintain a minimal organ function. I do not see how sufficient energy could be absorbed from the "ether" surrounding us in order the sustain the body to the extent that the basic physics of the conservation of energy is satisfied. But, if someone more enlightened can provide a good argument, then please enlighten me.

#17    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

...and I`ve been paying my rent with fresh air for the last 4 years........

#18    Ashyne

Ashyne

Believer Turned Sceptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

There was another article like this a few months ago. Things like this are very simple to prove as fraud.

Edited by Ashiene, 30 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#19    schizoid78

schizoid78

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

This guy looks more like some kind of sect guru.

And what he is doing in this life? Probably doesn't work much. Anyone who works 7.5-8 hours shift daily does need to eat.

#20    Ashyne

Ashyne

Believer Turned Sceptic

• 1,527 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postschizoid78, on 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

This guy looks more like some kind of sect guru.

And what he is doing in this life? Probably doesn't work much. Anyone who works 7.5-8 hours shift daily does need to eat.

He is the same as the rest of his kind. One example is Blossom Goodchild. People who spend their entire lives living a lie, believing in falsities and delusions, wasting their lives away in hallucinations. Has the psychiatrist evaluated him yet?

Edited by Ashiene, 30 June 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image

#21    fred_mc

fred_mc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

What a piece of crap, first the reporter says that this man hardly ever eats but then just in the end she says that he usually eats his daily "communion" of bread and red wine. So he eats bread every day after all ... and "usually" could mean that he sometimes eats more.

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,302 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Maybe the guy heats food, so it smokes/vaporizes, then sniffs up the smoke and swallows his own food laden mucus?

Edited by DieChecker, 30 June 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#23    SewerRat

SewerRat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

This is complete and utter fabrication. The most basic laws of physics and biology dictate that. An average adult human burns energy at the rate of about 1 calorie per minute, 24 hours a day, just lying on a bed. That equates to 1440 calories per day, awake or sleeping. If food input falls below that 'maintenance level' the body starts to burn fat to continue working. If the food input is much lower than that, the body will enter starvation mode and start to burn protein so that muscle mass diminishes and atrophy will occur, followed by death. It really is as simple as basic arithmetic. Any physical activity will accelerate this process. The person's age and weight will also have a bearing, likely making things even worse.

#24    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postfred_mc, on 30 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

What a piece of crap, first the reporter says that this man hardly ever eats but then just in the end she says that he usually eats his daily "communion" of bread and red wine. So he eats bread every day after all ... and "usually" could mean that he sometimes eats more.

So he's a carb eating wino. :innocent:

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#25    SewerRat

SewerRat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 30 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

As long as the body is generating heat, it is using calories. And, unless this individual is able to control his hypothalamus, which controls his autonomic nervous system and body temperature, he must consume food to expend calories. Even so, some caloric intake and liquid are necessary to maintain a minimal organ function. I do not see how sufficient energy could be absorbed from the "ether" surrounding us in order the sustain the body to the extent that the basic physics of the conservation of energy is satisfied. But, if someone more enlightened can provide a good argument, then please enlighten me.

Absolutely bang on. See my post below.

#26    True Lotus

True Lotus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

it is possible but I thought that the method in which it is possible was long ago lost from this world. it requires a much higher level of consciousness.

#27    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,505 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostOdin11, on 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3:  you cannot survive for more than:
3 minutes without air.
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

When my son was born I had no breast milk. The midwife who visited me each day was adamant that it would soon appear and my son would be fine until that happened. After the fourth full day of him not consuming anything, not even water, I cracked and started giving him powdered milk. He was absolutely fine up until then ...... there was no suggestion of taking him to hospital or calling a doctor.

Think of recent news items about people buried in collapsed buildings. What kept them alive for so long? Will power? Belief that their god would save them? Belief that the rescue teams would find them?

Think of people during famine times(Africa in particular), they can survive over long periods of time on virtually nothing.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#28    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

humorless feminist

• 1,086 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

This is going to sound blunt, but large numbers of people don't survive during famines. it's kind of a main feature of not having adequate nutrition. people certainly can survive for some time without food. and it always leaves them very weakened. the people who were trapped in those buildings often need to be hospitalized in order to get them strong enough to walk, for whatever's sake.

Edited by patagonianhorsesnake, 30 June 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostOdin11, on 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3:  you cannot survive for more than:
3 minutes without air.
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

More importantly, if this was even REMOTELY  possible, then how come those in the 3rd world starving countries cant go for months on air and sunshine too?

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,649 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostRolci, on 30 June 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

What is surprising is the apparent lack of documentaries on the subject. If people were to watch for example In the Beginning there was Light, I'm sure some people would change their minds about breatharianism, or at least become better informed on the subject rather that cry "bullsh!t" or "impossible" straight away. The trick is to find the English subtitles, which is also not impossible, if you're good at using the net. It's like saying with the double slit experiment that it's impossible for the electron to go through both holes and neither at the same time. We should've learnt by now that the universe doesn't know impossible, it's our limited and rigid intellects that,once fixed  in a paradigm, find it hard to be open to new possibilities. Yes, it  was hard for physicists to come to terms with particles being waves at the same time. Common sense says: come on, so what is it then, wave or particle? Can't be both. Oh really. The universe says it can. You've got a problem with that? Guess what? The universe doesn't care. You sort your paradigm problems out and find a brave new world out there, or stay in your paradigm and keep shouting impossible.
Non sequitur. Sorry but sub-atomic particles doesn't mean everything is possible. You really are damn clueless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users